Tres Cabrones

Started by Idlehanz, July 15, 2013, 04:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Some of the tracks are good but some are just too hokey and throwaway tracks. JMO.

FartLips

Quote from: 119 on November 06, 2013, 08:51:09 PM
Some of the tracks are good but some are just too hokey and throwaway tracks. JMO.
you're fired!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

anaconda

I think the whole album is very cohesive! The novelty songs
give you a brief respite between the pummelling of the other tunes.

9/10 in my books!

FartLips

Quote from: anaconda on November 06, 2013, 10:16:27 PM

9/10 in my books!
the novelty songs belonged as bsides IMHO.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Captain CoryCory

In all sincerity I think this and Everybody Loves Sausages are two of the greatest Melvins albums EVER. This isn't writing off my personal favorites like GPT, Bullhead, Lysol, Houdini, Maggot, Bootlicker, POTRE or Senile Animal... But I'd hold these two in just as high regard as their best material of the past and distant past. You have one that makes the most sense in their consistency of kick-ass covers and solid taste in music. Then you have another that literally goes all over the board and touches into every possible element that got you hooked into this band in the first place. They're just FUN albums.

I kept going back to Sausages all this year and I know I'll be going back to Cabrones for many moons.

buddy holiday

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on November 07, 2013, 09:45:07 AM
In all sincerity I think this and Everybody Loves Sausages are two of the greatest Melvins albums EVER. This isn't writing off my personal favorites like GPT, Bullhead, Lysol, Houdini, Maggot, Bootlicker, POTRE or Senile Animal... But I'd hold these two in just as high regard as their best material of the past and distant past. You have one that makes the most sense in their consistency of kick-ass covers and solid taste in music. Then you have another that literally goes all over the board and touches into every possible element that got you hooked into this band in the first place. They're just FUN albums.

I kept going back to Sausages all this year and I know I'll be going back to Cabrones for many moons.
spot on. thank you.

LuckMach3

Quote from: FartLips on November 06, 2013, 10:33:08 PM

9/10 in my books!

I kind of agree.  I love them on their own but they sort of come out of nowhere on the album.  I'll probably be used to it after a few more listens.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: LuckMach3 on November 07, 2013, 03:20:59 PM
Quote from: FartLips on November 06, 2013, 10:33:08 PM

9/10 in my books!

I kind of agree.  I love them on their own but they sort of come out of nowhere on the album.  I'll probably be used to it after a few more listens.

I think this is why i really like this album, you got some silly songs, some doomy sludge songs and some weirder stuff it's an all round neat mix and id does flow well together!
I got the shits real bad.

Chief Ten Beers

Cranking this sum'bitch  right now! Love it. The artwork is great too - smashed cars, & goats. What more could you want in album artwork? I'll probably still listen to the AmRep 2012 4 track CD. I like that those tracks are split up and in different order here. The mix seems a little different.

(the) Razor

Stump Farmer is a classic. Great album. Stripped down Melvins with a small dab of HAT electronics.

Anyone know if Buzz is playing through one of these amps these days?  :lol:

Don't click this

Schnabster

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

Schnabster

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 08, 2013, 02:22:38 PM
Quote from: Schnabster on November 08, 2013, 02:17:38 PM
When is it out on cd?

this past tuesday

Just gonna finish of eaten these burgers, then its lauf kauf, or just me dozing 8n 4he sofa, trying to stay awake for some episodes of The Unit. But I will buy.

John Schuller

Quote from: (the) Razor on November 08, 2013, 03:41:49 AM
Stump Farmer is a classic. Great album. Stripped down Melvins with a small dab of HAT electronics.

Anyone know if Buzz is playing through one of these amps these days?  :lol:

All the guitars on Earth's "Earth 2 Special Low Frequency Version" were recorded using those tiny Marshalls.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards