themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: norecess on September 17, 2008, 01:21:22 PM

Title: Bastards
Post by: norecess on September 17, 2008, 01:21:22 PM
Does anyone have a proper live recording of Charmicarmiromirogamicat, other than the 5/6/7 minute version from that Pop Underground whatever disc that I downloaded once. I think the BUTTHOLEMAN posted it.

(http://www.graphicsdb.com/data/media/580/3D%20Waves%20Optical%20Illusion.jpg)

Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: Insomnivore on September 17, 2008, 01:59:56 PM
Do you just mean Charmicarmicat or some weird version I've never heard? I have a 28min version of Charmicarmicat I could up, it's a full gig of Boner-era stuff from last year without Big Business and I believe Trevor Dunn on bass. Let me know.

...

Here it is anyway http://www.mediafire.com/?rkhzb2q1ysx
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: Jozz on September 17, 2008, 02:14:31 PM
I can't see the sailboat.
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: (PAUL) on September 17, 2008, 03:16:04 PM
It's a schooner.

Anyways, I have some old bootlegs from around 91 where they play it, none of them are very good quality.
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: norecess on September 17, 2008, 03:45:20 PM
Quote from: Insomnivore on September 17, 2008, 01:59:56 PM
Do you just mean Charmicarmicat or some weird version I've never heard? I have a 28min version of Charmicarmicat I could up, it's a full gig of Boner-era stuff from last year without Big Business and I believe Trevor Dunn on bass. Let me know.

Ah shit, forgot about that, but I meant from the old days. It's such a great song and I've heard so much cool stuff about it. Thanks for the upload, but I got that one already.

PAUL, would it be possible to upload some anyway?
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: (PAUL) on September 17, 2008, 04:12:45 PM
Yeah I'll see about uploading some when I get home tonight.
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: Chris P. Bacon on September 17, 2008, 04:28:26 PM
Quote from: PAUL on September 17, 2008, 03:16:04 PM
It's a schooner.

Anyways, I have some old bootlegs from around 91 where they play it, none of them are very good quality.

a schooner is a sailboat stupid  :D
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: (PAUL) on September 17, 2008, 10:14:12 PM
 :lol:

So all three live  versions I have are in AAC format, is that alright?
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: irezumi on September 17, 2008, 10:15:57 PM
That really hurts my eyes. A lot.
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: norecess on September 18, 2008, 02:39:19 AM
Quote from: PAUL on September 17, 2008, 10:14:12 PM
So all three live  versions I have are in AAC format, is that alright?

That's fine with me.
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: (PAUL) on September 18, 2008, 11:01:25 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?xlrkojkhgrm
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: Uncle Fester on September 18, 2008, 11:43:50 AM
I have a live version of charmicarmicat from 2006 or 2007 with trevor dunn... when they were doing that eggnog/ lysol show. i dont know how I coul dget it to you though... I have soulseek...
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: anaconda on September 18, 2008, 11:48:40 AM
the 28 min version from the Troubadour show. It's not that great.
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: norecess on September 18, 2008, 12:15:07 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on September 18, 2008, 11:43:50 AM
I have a live version of charmicarmicat from 2006 or 2007 with trevor dunn... when they were doing that eggnog/ lysol show. i dont know how I coul dget it to you though... I have soulseek...

I have that too, see a few posts up. I didn't think about that show when I created this thread, I specifically meant some versions from the early nineties. I've heard stories how they would open up with that song, and tore it up for thirty minutes, alienating masses, gaining a fan a show.
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: norecess on September 18, 2008, 12:15:48 PM
Quote from: anaconda on September 18, 2008, 11:48:40 AM
the 28 min version from the Troubadour show. It's not that great.

Indeed, I don't recall this version resembles why I love that song so much.
Title: Re: Bastards
Post by: norecess on September 18, 2008, 12:59:56 PM
Quote from: PAUL on September 18, 2008, 11:01:25 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?xlrkojkhgrm

They sound awesome, thanks! :D