Saw this on another message board...
QuotePost #50 , 11:12 AM
i remember when they played in albany in support of a senile animal.
5 people showed up.
it was sad.
Quote from: Melvy on April 14, 2009, 08:43:43 PM
Saw this on another message board...
QuotePost #50 , 11:12 AM
i remember when they played in albany in support of a senile animal.
5 people showed up.
it was sad.
Not true.
the first time i saw them, there was only 16. the room was previously packed with 200 for the local opener. :?
A Gas Huffer show at the Funhouse had a similar thing happen, everyone was there for the opening acts and when Gas Huffer came on stage there were 19 people left.
Matt Wright looked at Tom Price and you could see they were hurt.
I can't believe the Melvins would draw that small of a crowd. Apparantly Skin Yard came to Edmonton back in the day and only like 3 people showed up. This is why Canada fails.
Quote from: cara on April 15, 2009, 12:48:39 AM
I can't believe the Melvins would draw that small of a crowd.
i will have to say my experience was back in 1990.
so you were at a Melvins show as a young child?
tweak bird a few months ago, it was me and my friend , one of the quys that works at the good record store in town and his ol' lady, and two employees. I really enjoyed it. the band, probably not as much.
Quote from: cara on April 15, 2009, 12:48:39 AM
I can't believe the Melvins would draw that small of a crowd. Apparantly Skin Yard came to Edmonton back in the day and only like 3 people showed up. This is why Canada fails.
nah, that's skin yard that fails. :lol:
cara:
so you were at a Melvins show as a young child?
17 yo. went with the future bassist for his hero is gone. I owe that guy for introducing me to the melvins.
Quote from: FART LIPS on April 15, 2009, 11:21:56 AM
17 yo. went with the future bassist for his hero is gone. I owe that guy for introducing me to the melvins.
Is he the guy who's in Drain The Sky now? Because when I saw them last year, he didn't l0ok MUCH older than 17!
Quote from: cara on April 15, 2009, 12:58:22 AM
so you were at a Melvins show as a young child?
cara, he's old. real old.
yeah that's him. carl. he hasn't aged a fucking year! its that american indian blood running in his veins.
Quote from: erin on April 15, 2009, 08:46:08 AM
Quote from: cara on April 15, 2009, 12:48:39 AM
I can't believe the Melvins would draw that small of a crowd. Apparantly Skin Yard came to Edmonton back in the day and only like 3 people showed up. This is why Canada fails.
nah, that's skin yard that fails. :lol:
Opinion = fact?
Quote from: cara on April 15, 2009, 12:14:04 PM
Quote from: erin on April 15, 2009, 08:46:08 AM
Quote from: cara on April 15, 2009, 12:48:39 AM
I can't believe the Melvins would draw that small of a crowd. Apparantly Skin Yard came to Edmonton back in the day and only like 3 people showed up. This is why Canada fails.
nah, that's skin yard that fails. :lol:
Opinion = fact?
i'm just teasing you :D you should have seen that coming anyway.
i should have? Silly me
aaaaannnddd.... cat fight!
i don't need to fight people anymore. guns are so much quicker :P
well if they played Albany again Id be there - 100% chance son
I have seen MULE in Indio, Ca with 4 other people including bartender. 1994
Cows at same place play in front of 7.1994
the offspring with only the opening bands watching(i was in one of the bands.).
the supersuckers with only 11 people.
the wifey informs me that the prince afterparty after his show in nashville was free and only attended by 10 people. prince played for an hour.
Strange. Actually I can kind of see the Supersuckers one.
Quote from: FART LIPS on April 14, 2009, 08:54:31 PM
the first time i saw them, there was only 16. the room was previously packed with 200 for the local opener. :?
I had a very similar experience.
cara:
Strange. Actually I can kind of see the Supersuckers one.
yeah, but the supersuckers played like champs that night. we got the full show and they never bitched about it.
I'd love to go to a concert with only like three other people. The awkwardness of it all is hilarious and you're gauranteed good pics.
If I would have been there I would have bought a round.
It'd probably be awkward to try to start a mosh pit.
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on April 16, 2009, 10:22:41 AM
I'd love to go to a concert with only like three other people. The awkwardness of it all is hilarious and you're gauranteed good pics.
that's exactly my thought.i'm so jealous that fart saw them in front of 16,can only imagine what a great experience it must have been
it was epic! buzz dressed in plaid pants, orange shirt with the top buttons undone to reveal a large necklace and medallion, and that jacked up fro he had back in the day.
cool!and was Joe on bass?i think Dale in the pic from Ozma wore a necklace too 8)
I saw PORN with Billy on bass at sxsw 05 in a room about 15x15 with 5 other people. they played wine, women,... & kept eating tacos throughout the set.
awesome Rusty,i think on myspace there's a video from that night
I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.
edit: I found it. A few more then five.
it's a short and shitty videoclip.i'm not sure if that is what you were referring to
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=6068996&searchid=1b523dff-8d52-4062-948a-5351b5c8fa22
Yeah that's it.
It says 2004, but it's 2005.
I think :-k
Quote from: rictus on April 16, 2009, 10:59:52 AM
It'd probably be awkward to try to start a mosh pit.
I've seen that happening so many times, it always looks pathetic.
I saw Black Cobra + Saviours in the smallest room I've ever seen a band in. No stage, just a very small shabby old room. I guess we were a total of 15 people in there. It was fantastic.
After seeing C.O.C many times back in the day ... they seemingly disapeared for a couple years ... then their "new & improved" version came back to town after that couple years when their then new album "Blind" dropped ... by this time hardcore was completely dead ... I think there was like 7 people there!!! For C.O.C!!! Best crossover band ever!! It was sad ... you could tell they were bummed out ... but they played amazing ... they cut it short ... and we were bummed ... plyed an encore out of them w/ a joint of sticky greens ... lots of fun!
Saw Melvins on the SA tour in Toledo ... didn't count but I'd say only about 20 people ... but they kicked ass ... even took a request for an encore ... a request! an encore!! They hit Sacrifice & Loose (Stooges) with the BB boys on drums and Dale on bass ... awesome!!
I've also seen Fishbone play to some pretty small crowds over the last 10 years or so ... but they always put on the best show you ever saw ... true pros!
Quote from: bathroom creep on April 16, 2009, 04:01:02 PM
I saw Black Cobra + Saviours in the smallest room I've ever seen a band in. No stage, just a very small shabby old room. I guess we were a total of 15 people in there. It was fantastic.
that sounds like it would be really awesome.
Quote from: cara on April 16, 2009, 07:38:45 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on April 16, 2009, 04:01:02 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 16, 2009, 04:01:02 PM
Quote from: OLD FART LIPS on April 16, 2009, 04:01:02 PM
Farty: How about the Descendents and All?
There's a huge difference between emulation and rip-offs.
both are great. i got to open for all once too. super nice dudes. i even got to sing the line "you fucking homo!" in "loser"(not that there's anything wrong with being homo)
:shock:
You got to sing with All, and you ate with the melvins at a cracker barrel!!!
but i did see bill stevenson naked. Sick
that sounds like it would be really awesome.
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 18, 2009, 04:03:10 PM
Quote from: cara on April 16, 2009, 07:38:45 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on April 16, 2009, 04:01:02 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 16, 2009, 04:01:02 PM
Quote from: OLD FART LIPS on April 16, 2009, 04:01:02 PM
Farty: How about the Descendents and All?
There's a huge difference between emulation and rip-offs.
both are great. i got to open for all once too. super nice dudes. i even got to sing the line "you fucking homo!" in "loser"(not that there's anything wrong with being homo)
:shock:
You got to sing with All, and you ate with the melvins at a cracker barrel!!!
but i did see bill stevenson naked. Sick
that sounds like it would be really awesome.
and opened for neurosis, hung out after the show, and then drove to memphis with them in tow to their next gig, got in on the guest list, and got this lousy t-shirt!
(http://kaganof.com/kagablog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/neurosis_yinyang_shirt.jpg)
I saw Skeleton Key in Buffalo, late '02 right when Obtainium came out. There was me and three other people checking them out. It was fucking weird, local band started at 11PM, good crowd. The Black Keys played next, everyone was there to see them. It was like 2AM when SK went on, and everyone bailed before they even set up. They still played a great set.
Saw Greg Ginn play to an empty house of about 5 people too last month. I really dug his set and the band was great. It was just kind of sad that no one cared enough to check out a legend like Ginn.
Ginn shoulda lifted weights and put down the bong, maybe he woulda been cast into movies and shit
Quote from: Melvy on April 14, 2009, 08:43:43 PM
Saw this on another message board...
QuotePost #50 , 11:12 AM
i remember when they played in albany in support of a senile animal.
5 people showed up.
it was sad.
I don't remember them playing Albany for that tour.
I did see them play Albany in 2001 w/Folk Implosion @ Northern Lights
There was 50-75 people there, tops.
I saw them the next night at Toad's in CT and it was packed! A few hundred people.
As I remember they didn't play Albany in '06, it was Troy(Revolution Hall) which is like a suburb of Albany. Joe Lally opened and Buzz/Dale were his backup band. I remember because that was a week or so after Buffalo.
I actually thought this thread was about a melvins show in albanIA until now.
Quote from: norecess on May 12, 2009, 07:06:48 AM
I actually thought this thread was about a melvins show in albanIA until now.
you're slipping, mr. moderator. :P