I know it is still a few days away, but I am so damn excited to be seeing the Melvins again; even if it is opening for Down. Fortunately the two people I am going with do not like Down so we will not be staying for that garbage.
down is garbage? prickhonky is a keeper!
Quote from: FART LIPS on August 29, 2009, 07:06:46 AM
down is garbage? prickhonky is a keeper!
Yeah, garbage!..prihonkeeper!
even though I got to skip out on down, and I got to hear potre, next time they open, im passin'
is there anyone on the boards that lives in the area who will be going to the show?? I would like to meet some Melvins fans from my area. I am tired of getting blank stares whenever I mention their name.
Quote from: PrickHonky on August 31, 2009, 02:36:03 PM
I am tired of getting blank stares whenever I mention their name.
It's been that way for ages..I like it that way. :)
Quote from: Buick on August 31, 2009, 03:53:27 PM
Quote from: PrickHonky on August 31, 2009, 02:36:03 PM
I am tired of getting blank stares whenever I mention their name.
It's been that way for ages..I like it that way. :)
It's better this way......the few, the proud, the creepy.
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on August 31, 2009, 04:54:07 PM
Quote from: Buick on August 31, 2009, 03:53:27 PM
Quote from: PrickHonky on August 31, 2009, 02:36:03 PM
I am tired of getting blank stares whenever I mention their name.
It's been that way for ages..I like it that way. :)
It's better this way......the few, the proud, the creepy.
YES!Good one, JZueS
Quote from: PrickHonky on August 28, 2009, 10:34:32 PM
[I know it is still a few days away, but I am so damn excited to be seeing the Melvins again;]
You are in for YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on August 31, 2009, 04:54:07 PM
Quote from: Buick on August 31, 2009, 03:53:27 PM
Quote from: PrickHonky on August 31, 2009, 02:36:03 PM
I am tired of getting blank stares whenever I mention their name.
It's been that way for ages..I like it that way. :)
It's better this way......the few, the proud, the creepy.
that should go on the shirt.
Quote from: FART LIPS on August 31, 2009, 09:31:02 PM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on August 31, 2009, 04:54:07 PM
Quote from: Buick on August 31, 2009, 03:53:27 PM
Quote from: PrickHonky on August 31, 2009, 02:36:03 PM
I am tired of getting blank stares whenever I mention their name.
It's been that way for ages..I like it that way. :)
It's better this way......the few, the proud, the creepy.
that should go on the shirt.
that would be an awesome shirt! I guess it is a good thing so few people know who they are. I would hate to see this forum get polluted by vermin
Quote from: PrickHonky on August 31, 2009, 10:17:59 PM
I would hate to see this forum get polluted by vermin
speaking of which.. anyone seen Juan lately? how about that bigfail guy?
Bigfail. Nice.
I got a laugh outta that.
What brand shirts are they selling?
Melvins destroyed tonight!! Played for about 45 minutes and were tight as always I don't remember the order of the set list but it was awesome. Stuck around for Down which was just ok, the highlight of their set was Dale coming out to play drums on the last song and do a drum solo. The members of Down(including Phil Anselmo) all stood back in amazement as Dale tore it up. Too bad Melvins are not headlining this time, but any Melvins show is great for me. Got a few pics before security busted me. My girlfriend absolutely loved it and is now an even bigger Melvins fan. Only had two shirts, Red Devil with 'See You In Hell' at the bottom and the two different eagle designs(all black or red and gold), and a silk screen concert poster. The set list, though the order is off went something like this:
POTRE
another song from POTRE whose name I forget
Dies Iraea
Hooch
Anaconda
Zodiac
The Bit(I've never heard The Bit played so fucking slow in my life.
Mr. DNA(Devo cover)
Civilized Drum Solo
The Talking Horse
A History Of Drunks
A History Of Bad Men(intro)
The Kicking Machine
Billy Fish
Dog Island
and to end the show, Jared brought out beers(Corona I think) for Dale, he, and Coady and all 4 of them sang a super slowed down version of 'Okie From Muskogee' with just Buzz playing the guitar part. Even though I have only seen Melvins live 3 times, each time I am always blown away at how loud and heavy they sound and still sound good.
Quote from: PrickHonky on September 03, 2009, 12:25:00 AM
The members of Down(including Phil Anselmo) all stood back in amazement as Dale tore it up.
phil anselmo once watched a dog chaising its own tail for seven minutes and was completely awed.
Quote from: norecess on September 03, 2009, 03:39:30 AM
Quote from: PrickHonky on September 03, 2009, 12:25:00 AM
The members of Down(including Phil Anselmo) all stood back in amazement as Dale tore it up.
phil anselmo once watched a dog chaising its own tail for seven minutes and was completely awed.
no surprise there. I don't think the man could hold a conversation if he could not use the word fuck at least twice every other sentence. As for the Down "fans", all the stereotypes I have read about them on here are true; bunch of obnoxious, drunk, redneck types. I liked Buzzo's comment to the people in the front "those of you in the front that look bored, don't worry, Down's coming, I promise, they're coming. After us, there is an hour of comedy and then Down takes the stage"
This show was so great! The opening band was alright. We, too, walked out on Down. I have seen the Melvins once before when they were headlining for A Senile Animal, and both shows were amazing. Even though they should have played all night and told Down to piss off, I was still in awe of how tight knit they were. They were not messing around, just one song to the next. This was one of the best shows I have seen in my life. The Bit tore my face off. :twisted:
P.S. Does anyone know why they did not play any Florida shows on their Nude With Boots tour?
Quote from: TheCoolestRachel on September 11, 2009, 02:32:56 PM
This show was so great! The opening band was alright. We, too, walked out on Down. I have seen the Melvins once before when they were headlining for A Senile Animal, and both shows were amazing. Even though they should have played all night and told Down to piss off, I was still in awe of how tight knit they were. They were not messing around, just one song to the next. This was one of the best shows I have seen in my life. The Bit tore my face off. :twisted:
P.S. Does anyone know why they did not play any Florida shows on their Nude With Boots tour?
Probably problems getting shows booked. I think Buzz mentioned it in an interview, I'm not positive though.
hearing both Anaconda and Zodiac live was enough to make the show amazing. the rest just made it better. I've got to find a copy of the show somehow, I hope someone on here recorded it.
Quote from: TheCoolestRachel on September 11, 2009, 02:32:56 PM
This show was so great! The opening band was alright. We, too, walked out on Down. I have seen the Melvins once before when they were headlining for A Senile Animal, and both shows were amazing. Even though they should have played all night and told Down to piss off, I was still in awe of how tight knit they were. They were not messing around, just one song to the next. This was one of the best shows I have seen in my life. The Bit tore my face off. :twisted:
P.S. Does anyone know why they did not play any Florida shows on their Nude With Boots tour?
fresh mea.... i mean..... welcome to our little abode!
Quote from: FART LIPS on September 12, 2009, 08:44:21 PM
Quote from: TheCoolestRachel on September 11, 2009, 02:32:56 PM
This show was so great! The opening band was alright. We, too, walked out on Down. I have seen the Melvins once before when they were headlining for A Senile Animal, and both shows were amazing. Even though they should have played all night and told Down to piss off, I was still in awe of how tight knit they were. They were not messing around, just one song to the next. This was one of the best shows I have seen in my life. The Bit tore my face off. :twisted:
P.S. Does anyone know why they did not play any Florida shows on their Nude With Boots tour?
fresh mea.... i mean..... welcome to our little abode!
ol' fart lips. always the first to bring out the creepiness in all of us.
Quote from: the ether bunny on September 12, 2009, 08:56:24 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on September 12, 2009, 08:44:21 PM
Quote from: TheCoolestRachel on September 11, 2009, 02:32:56 PM
This show was so great! The opening band was alright. We, too, walked out on Down. I have seen the Melvins once before when they were headlining for A Senile Animal, and both shows were amazing. Even though they should have played all night and told Down to piss off, I was still in awe of how tight knit they were. They were not messing around, just one song to the next. This was one of the best shows I have seen in my life. The Bit tore my face off. :twisted:
P.S. Does anyone know why they did not play any Florida shows on their Nude With Boots tour?
fresh mea.... i mean..... welcome to our little abode!
ol' fart lips. always the first to bring out the creepiness in all of us.
what? what?!?
Quote from: FART LIPS on September 12, 2009, 09:19:45 PM
Quote from: the ether bunny on September 12, 2009, 08:56:24 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on September 12, 2009, 08:44:21 PM
Quote from: TheCoolestRachel on September 11, 2009, 02:32:56 PM
This show was so great! The opening band was alright. We, too, walked out on Down. I have seen the Melvins once before when they were headlining for A Senile Animal, and both shows were amazing. Even though they should have played all night and told Down to piss off, I was still in awe of how tight knit they were. They were not messing around, just one song to the next. This was one of the best shows I have seen in my life. The Bit tore my face off. :twisted:
P.S. Does anyone know why they did not play any Florida shows on their Nude With Boots tour?
fresh mea.... i mean..... welcome to our little abode!
ol' fart lips. always the first to bring out the creepiness in all of us.
what? what?!?
:? 8) :lol: