themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: GrimReaper on March 03, 2010, 01:48:40 PM

Title: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: GrimReaper on March 03, 2010, 01:48:40 PM
Meg from Totimoshi has heard the new Melvins album.


GrimReaper
A Corpse Without Soul


Joined: 04 Jan 2010
Posts: 1

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

megshi wrote:
not on that one... they're coming back through in the fall. not sure if we'll be with them or not for that. I heard the new album last night at Dale's ; )


What's it sound like? It's supposed to be nothing like ASA or NWB.

Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: TheLegitMan93 on March 03, 2010, 02:07:05 PM
Whoa!  :o
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: molotov on March 03, 2010, 02:24:50 PM
Yay.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Like Stee on March 03, 2010, 02:50:26 PM
What was her response to the "what does it sound like" question?
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: GrimReaper on March 03, 2010, 03:57:50 PM

No response just yet.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: buddy holiday on March 04, 2010, 02:17:47 AM
cool.... i am pretty sure we will all be happy with it. the melvins didn't release anything bad in their whole career. ASA and NWB were maybe a bit more straight forward, but i still liked it....
i hope the new one will be freakier again (or whatever you wanna call it)... i mean there is a huge potential in those four guys to create a rock album, that sounds heavy, creative, intelligent, funny etc.... not many of todays bands have the skills to produce something like that... i am curious!
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Smash the State on March 04, 2010, 03:41:18 AM
the realese will be in this fall???  :(
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: norecess on March 04, 2010, 03:43:11 AM
Quote from: Smash the State on March 04, 2010, 03:41:18 AM
the realese will be in this fall???  :(

no, i think she's referring to another u.s. tour.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Angus Khan on March 04, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
This got me thinking.  Melvins write and record very quickly whereas Tool take 5 years or more.  So how great would a Melvins album be if they had 5 years and a big budget to make it and how shit would a Tool album be if they had a few months to make theirs.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Schnabster on March 04, 2010, 06:07:49 AM
Melvins could release an album every 6 months for my part.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: molotov on March 04, 2010, 06:22:51 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 04, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
This got me thinking.  Melvins write and record very quickly whereas Tool take 5 years or more.  So how great would a Melvins album be if they had 5 years and a big budget to make it and how shit would a Tool album be if they had a few months to make theirs.
Tool are lazy.
I still don't understand what they were doing for 5 years to release "10 000 days". There was no fucking breakthrough, there was no something really new in comparison with "Lateralus".

So, fuck them.








*still waiting for the Tool's new one*










Hi, Glen.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: GrimReaper on March 04, 2010, 07:14:25 AM


Angus K. the answer is already available. Houdini, Stoner Witch and Stag.
Here's how I look at it today: I'm lucky as a Melvins fan.
Melvins are a workingman's band and as a fan I benefit in these ways:

1) I get a new material every year.
2) I get a tour every year.
3) The band always stays relevant and interesting.

The discussion you and Molotov had about Tool is a great example about how bands fade from memory.
We use this BBS to discuss the Melvins and we always have new things about them to discuss. It's great.

But Schnab! You're getting greedy. You want the Melvins to put out two records a year? How about allotting your band some personal time?



Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Angus Khan on March 04, 2010, 07:42:10 AM
I do think Buzz should maybe allow more input from the other members though.  Stag worked very well with this formula and it would also give Buzz a break once in a while.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: MrLuck87 on March 04, 2010, 08:24:59 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 04, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
This got me thinking.  Melvins write and record very quickly whereas Tool take 5 years or more.  So how great would a Melvins album be if they had 5 years and a big budget to make it and how shit would a Tool album be if they had a few months to make theirs.

There is footage of them playing parts of the song 10,000 Days on youtube back in 2002.  There is no way in hell they actually spent 5 years writing the thing.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: rictus on March 04, 2010, 08:37:33 AM
Quote from: molotov on March 04, 2010, 06:22:51 AM
I still don't understand what they were doing for 5 years to release "10 000 days". There was no fucking breakthrough, there was no something really new in comparison with "Lateralus".

It takes a long time to count all that money.$$$
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: jlamour on March 04, 2010, 08:46:08 AM
Melvins don't need five years and $$$ to make a great album.  Their worst albums are still much better than Tool's best.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Smash the State on March 04, 2010, 10:40:04 AM
Prick >Lateralus????

it's crazy...
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: jonE5 on March 04, 2010, 11:00:32 AM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 04, 2010, 08:24:59 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 04, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
This got me thinking.  Melvins write and record very quickly whereas Tool take 5 years or more.  So how great would a Melvins album be if they had 5 years and a big budget to make it and how shit would a Tool album be if they had a few months to make theirs.

There is footage of them playing parts of the song 10,000 Days on youtube back in 2002.  There is no way in hell they actually spent 5 years writing the thing.
Most any album that is labored over for years is always a piece of shit! I'm also pretty sure Maynard was busy with A Perfect Circle, and making wine for a while.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: black stallion on March 04, 2010, 11:05:16 AM
Quote from: norecess on March 04, 2010, 03:43:11 AM
Quote from: Smash the State on March 04, 2010, 03:41:18 AM
the realese will be in this fall???  :(

no
yeah,be sure if the US tour is starting in June,that means the album will be out at that period
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Like Stee on March 04, 2010, 12:09:28 PM
If the Melvins spent 5 years in a major studio the results would be worse, and if Tool spent less time in the studio the results would probably be far superior to what they actually release, but they're not catering to the same fan base as Melvins, they have to appease the fratboy crowd that loves their overproduced music so much.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Schnabster on March 04, 2010, 12:30:38 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on March 04, 2010, 07:14:25 AM


But Schnab! You're getting greedy. You want the Melvins to put out two records a year? How about allotting your band some personal time?



*Schnab runs to the corner to stand there in shame*
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: GrimReaper on March 04, 2010, 01:44:35 PM
I can see the threads popping up ever so often:

What was your Favorite Melvins record of 2010?

or

Is it Too Early to Talk about the Second Melvins Release of 2010?

Title: sfdsfsdgfdgdfgsafasdasdsadafdsfsdaSXVFVBFGJKJH, J
Post by: TheLegitMan93 on March 04, 2010, 03:54:03 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on March 04, 2010, 01:44:35 PM

I can see the threads popping up ever so often:

What was your Favorite Melvins record of 2010?

or

Is it Too Early to Talk about the Second Melins Release of 2010?



NOOOOO!!! (to answer that second question)
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: MrJunkie on March 04, 2010, 04:51:01 PM
Tool doesn't spend 5 years in the studio. They're all off doing different things...then they reconvene (w/ out Maynard at first) and record the album. It might be a year max that they work in the studio. Not to defend Tool or anything...
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Captain CoryCory on March 04, 2010, 05:23:40 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 04, 2010, 08:24:59 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 04, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
This got me thinking.  Melvins write and record very quickly whereas Tool take 5 years or more.  So how great would a Melvins album be if they had 5 years and a big budget to make it and how shit would a Tool album be if they had a few months to make theirs.

There is footage of them playing parts of the song 10,000 Days on youtube back in 2002.  There is no way in hell they actually spent 5 years writing the thing.

This post reeks of Chinese Democracy.

Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on March 04, 2010, 06:33:04 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on March 04, 2010, 05:23:40 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 04, 2010, 08:24:59 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 04, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
This got me thinking.  Melvins write and record very quickly whereas Tool take 5 years or more.  So how great would a Melvins album be if they had 5 years and a big budget to make it and how shit would a Tool album be if they had a few months to make theirs.

There is footage of them playing parts of the song 10,000 Days on youtube back in 2002.  There is no way in hell they actually spent 5 years writing the thing.

This post reeks of Chinese Democracy.

I think the difference is Tool can tour for a couple years for each album cause they're a more well known act. then they take a year off cause they can't stand looking at each other after two years of touring,then there are side projects, and what not,someone goes to rehab or has a baby,starts a vineyard etc...But the Melvins are a fucking machine that never stops because they don't make mainstream music,they make Melvins music and fight the good fight to get it to you year after year no matter what the milquetoast flavor of the month music is. the only band that actually takes five years to record an album is Metallica & yes,G'n'Rs.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: molotov on March 05, 2010, 12:04:42 AM
Quote from: Smash the State on March 04, 2010, 10:40:04 AM
Prick >Lateralus????

it's crazy...
Prick is the Melvins' worst?

=;
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Smash the State on March 05, 2010, 01:24:21 AM
ok excuse me...

The Melvins worst album > Lateralus or Aenima???

Impossible...
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: molotov on March 05, 2010, 02:16:08 AM
Quote from: Smash the State on March 05, 2010, 01:24:21 AM
ok excuse me...

The Melvins worst album > Lateralus or Aenima???

Impossible...
Ok.

Now I agree with you. :)
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: black stallion on March 05, 2010, 03:37:17 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on March 03, 2010, 01:48:40 PM
I heard the new album last night at Dale's ; )




i was trying to figure what would be to have a drink at Dale's,listening to a new Melvins,hey Dale can i listen to that drum part again,could you turn the volume up to 11?...uhm sorry,know i should go home because it's a bit too late  8-[


Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: black stallion on March 05, 2010, 08:02:42 AM
Quote from: (((O))) on March 05, 2010, 07:53:40 AM
Quote from: black stallion on March 05, 2010, 03:37:17 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on March 03, 2010, 01:48:40 PM
I heard the new album last night at Dale's ; )




i was trying to figure what would be to have a drink at Dale's,listening to a new Melvins,hey Dale can i listen to that drum part again,could you turn the volume up to 11?...uhm sorry,know i should go home because it's a bit too late  8-[



Are you telling us that you'ed pass on the opportunity to sit over at Dale's and air drum to the new Melvy release?
are you crazy?i would stay there until he doesn't kick me out / call the police  :D
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: (the) Razor on March 05, 2010, 08:08:50 AM
*puts down flaming torch and pitchfork*
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: black stallion on March 05, 2010, 08:16:46 AM
Quote from: Razor on March 05, 2010, 08:08:50 AM
*puts down flaming torch and pitchfork*
lol

Quote from: (((O))) on March 05, 2010, 08:09:44 AM
Does that sound gay there?
is not a problem, we are all a bit gay about this band...on a related note,sometimes i wonder how Coady can play instead of just watching Dale playing
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: (the) Razor on March 05, 2010, 08:19:36 AM
It's fricken 1:30 in the morning here and I laughed out loud about that. Nice one  :lol:
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 10:26:28 AM
props to coady for actually being able to follow along with dale.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: glen on March 05, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 10:26:28 AM
props to coady for actually being able to follow along with dale.

and I don't think they approach it like that even remotely.
to me coady is equal talent (sans experience).  but equal style?  how can style be equal? lets just say dale crover is dale crover.  I think we all know what that means.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: the ether bunny on March 05, 2010, 05:01:39 PM
not much info here, but this is a quote from junior who does sound or lighting or something for tool.
QuoteI was lucky enough to hear some of the new Melvins album while they were finishing it. It
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 05:46:30 PM
Quote from: glen on March 05, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 10:26:28 AM
props to coady for actually being able to follow along with dale.

and I don't think they approach it like that even remotely.
to me coady is equal talent (sans experience).  but equal style?  how can style be equal? lets just say dale crover is dale crover.  I think we all know what that means.
I know that dale crover is dale crover.  I just think it would be kind of hard for a drummer to play the melvins older material and learn all of dales weird rhythm pieces and oddly placed fills. because he can accomplish that doesnt mean coady is at the same "level" as D GROVER. :P
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: glen on March 05, 2010, 06:30:09 PM
Quote from: the ether bunny on March 05, 2010, 05:01:39 PM
they are exploring some new territory musically

man, the curiosity grows.

doubters?   
*wonders if he's being too bold chirping up based on a quote from some dude he doesn't even know*

and unc fes... I'm not trying to argue with you (for once). I actually agreed with what you said (in idea)  and expounded upon it.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: moose on March 05, 2010, 07:10:34 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 05:46:30 PM
Quote from: glen on March 05, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 10:26:28 AM
props to coady for actually being able to follow along with dale.

and I don't think they approach it like that even remotely.
to me coady is equal talent (sans experience).  but equal style?  how can style be equal? lets just say dale crover is dale crover.  I think we all know what that means.
I know that dale crover is dale crover.  I just think it would be kind of hard for a drummer to play the melvins older material and learn all of dales weird rhythm pieces and oddly placed fills. because he can accomplish that doesnt mean coady is at the same "level" as D GROVER. :P
Hey, Crover won't even touch some of that shit now-let alone Willis!
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: MrLuck87 on March 05, 2010, 08:22:51 PM
Ipecac says, "Oh my! Mondo Cane(Patton) record out first week of May, new Melvins record first week of June and more Isis soon too!!!!"

Considering that all albums come out on Tuesday that means the album will be out on either June 1st or June 8th.   :D  That's great news because I wanted to hear it before seeing them live again.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: (the) Razor on March 05, 2010, 08:23:42 PM
Nice, early birthday present for myself this year.  :P
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 08:25:08 PM
Quote from: moose on March 05, 2010, 07:10:34 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 05:46:30 PM
Quote from: glen on March 05, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 10:26:28 AM
props to coady for actually being able to follow along with dale.

and I don't think they approach it like that even remotely.
to me coady is equal talent (sans experience).  but equal style?  how can style be equal? lets just say dale crover is dale crover.  I think we all know what that means.
I know that dale crover is dale crover.  I just think it would be kind of hard for a drummer to play the melvins older material and learn all of dales weird rhythm pieces and oddly placed fills. because he can accomplish that doesnt mean coady is at the same "level" as D GROVER. :P
Hey, Crover won't even touch some of that shit now-let alone Willis!

untrue.
they play POTRE
roman dog bird
Anaconda
Tipping the Lion
Boris!!!
all live.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: gesundheit on March 06, 2010, 04:58:15 AM
Oh shit I wonder what new songs they are gonna play live! If I see them on June 1st at the Casbah I will be seeing the new material! Before ever hearing it on an album! Wow I'm even more excited now. I've just realized this. Damn I'm slow.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: the ether bunny on March 06, 2010, 05:37:06 AM
Quote from: gesundheit on March 06, 2010, 04:58:15 AM
Oh shit I wonder what new songs they are gonna play live! If I see them on June 1st at the Casbah I will be seeing the new material! Before ever hearing it on an album! Wow I'm even more excited now. I've just realized this. Damn I'm slow.

i remember seeing the BB lineup right before (A)SA was released. it was mind boggling. you'd best be prepared to write a full review.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: dijk cheese on March 06, 2010, 06:58:44 AM
Quote from: black stallion on March 05, 2010, 08:16:46 AM
i wonder how Coady can play instead of just watching Dale playing

:lol:
i love your love of crover
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: nightwolf on March 06, 2010, 08:24:33 AM
i get a feeling that this will be an exciting record
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: guesswhatilikethemelvins on March 06, 2010, 10:20:16 AM
Not to be a gigantic butt (I mean like 100% pure butthole),
but what if it's exciting the way PRICK was? (That is Buzz's favorite record, supposedly.)

What if it blows? What if it's annoying as fuck?

They're doing new things, so we hear.
Well, that's the one thing we don't know we'll like.
...The Melvins we love... is the Melvins we know.

I think it's great that everyone's so faithfully ready to accept this album before they even know what it's called,
but, I'm just sayin'...

I'd rather hope for the best but stay reserved till the release date comes.
And then (hoping for the best here) let the new record blow my mind.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Angus Khan on March 06, 2010, 10:46:13 AM
I wouldn't mind a second Prick.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: turnacus on March 06, 2010, 11:14:17 AM
Quote from: guesswhatilikethemelvins on March 06, 2010, 10:20:16 AM
Not to be a gigantic butt (I mean like 100% pure butthole),
but what if it's exciting the way PRICK was? (That is Buzz's favorite record, supposedly.)

What if it blows? What if it's annoying as fuck?

They're doing new things, so we hear.
Well, that's the one thing we don't know we'll like.
...The Melvins we love... is the Melvins we know.

I think it's great that everyone's so faithfully ready to accept this album before they even know what it's called,
but, I'm just sayin'...

I'd rather hope for the best but stay reserved till the release date comes.
And then (hoping for the best here) let the new record blow my mind.



The Melvins we know?  That make albums like Lysol, Stag, the Maggot, the Bootlicker, Pigs of the Roman Empire and Nude with boots?
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: nightwolf on March 06, 2010, 11:21:33 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 06, 2010, 10:46:13 AM
I wouldn't mind a second Prick.
at all!

street banter with double drums pounding in the background  8)
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Angus Khan on March 06, 2010, 11:24:29 AM
And another Larry, Rickets and chief Ten Beers.  I dunno why people knock Prick it's got some good tunes and compared to Colossus it's easy listening.  I've read alot of reviews of Prick and it's funny how upset the reviewer gets.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: glen on March 06, 2010, 11:49:22 AM
people (or at least me) are positively excited about this "new direction" suggestion of the new album. its MELVINS traditional.  if that makes any sense.
you know it will kick you in the head. a "new direction" of getting kicked in the head sounds intriguing.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: DC on March 06, 2010, 12:37:21 PM
I don't think melvins would release 2 annoying records in a row.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Uncle Fester on March 06, 2010, 01:19:24 PM
did you think nwb was annoying?
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: MrLuck87 on March 06, 2010, 01:39:36 PM
Quote from: guesswhatilikethemelvins on March 06, 2010, 10:20:16 AM
Not to be a gigantic butt (I mean like 100% pure butthole),
but what if it's exciting the way PRICK was? (That is Buzz's favorite record, supposedly.)

What if it blows? What if it's annoying as fuck?

They're doing new things, so we hear.
Well, that's the one thing we don't know we'll like.
...The Melvins we love... is the Melvins we know.

I think it's great that everyone's so faithfully ready to accept this album before they even know what it's called,
but, I'm just sayin'...

I'd rather hope for the best but stay reserved till the release date comes.
And then (hoping for the best here) let the new record blow my mind.


I love everything they've put out and the odds of them putting out an album with no enjoyment at all 27 years into their career seems highly unlikely.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: (the) Razor on March 06, 2010, 04:06:49 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 06, 2010, 01:19:24 PM
did you think nwb was annoying?

Chicken Switch aka Prick 2
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: glen on March 06, 2010, 04:10:24 PM
 "double drums hitting their stride"
I expect this statement to carry water.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: (the) Razor on March 06, 2010, 04:11:07 PM
Yeah, Toshi mentioned it a challenge to record.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: cara on March 06, 2010, 06:09:00 PM
I would love to see them tone it down a bit, something in the family of the Bootlicker or any of the simpler Big Biz songs. Did I mention how stoked I am for this release?
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: nickoctane on March 06, 2010, 06:38:27 PM
Quote from: guesswhatilikethemelvins on March 06, 2010, 10:20:16 AM
Not to be a gigantic butt (I mean like 100% pure butthole),
but what if it's exciting the way PRICK was? (That is Buzz's favorite record, supposedly.)

What if it blows? What if it's annoying as fuck?

They're doing new things, so we hear.
Well, that's the one thing we don't know we'll like.
...The Melvins we love... is the Melvins we know.

I think it's great that everyone's so faithfully ready to accept this album before they even know what it's called,
but, I'm just sayin'...

I'd rather hope for the best but stay reserved till the release date comes.
And then (hoping for the best here) let the new record blow my mind.

1 album in 27 years you don't like and that gives you the thought that this album has a chance to dissapoint you, keeping your expectations low? Yeah I beleive the rest of us have a lot of faith in what the Melvins are going to put out next. They always seem to put out a great album. Your concerns and tempered expectations amuse me.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: moose on March 06, 2010, 07:31:14 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 08:25:08 PM
Quote from: moose on March 05, 2010, 07:10:34 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 05:46:30 PM
Quote from: glen on March 05, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 10:26:28 AM
props to coady for actually being able to follow along with dale.

and I don't think they approach it like that even remotely.
to me coady is equal talent (sans experience).  but equal style?  how can style be equal? lets just say dale crover is dale crover.  I think we all know what that means.
I know that dale crover is dale crover.  I just think it would be kind of hard for a drummer to play the melvins older material and learn all of dales weird rhythm pieces and oddly placed fills. because he can accomplish that doesnt mean coady is at the same "level" as D GROVER. :P
Hey, Crover won't even touch some of that shit now-let alone Willis!

untrue.
they play POTRE
roman dog bird
Anaconda
Tipping the Lion
Boris!!!
all live.
I said some...
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: guesswhatilikethemelvins on March 06, 2010, 09:33:29 PM
Hah. You guys are a riot.
Glad I could "amuse" you.

Don't think I'm not quietly stoked. I am, I am.
I just thought it would make this thread a lot more interesting if someone, ANYone, put their inner fanboy aside for a second and stopped guessing how "awesome" the new album will be.

I saw too many people get their hearts broken with Shrinebuilder.
(And honestly, I'm not a huge metalhead, but what I heard of Shrinebuilder wasn't really upsetting.)

But yes: NwB, Stag, Lysol, HAT, etc. That's the Melvins we know.
That this one band could create so many different styles of rock music that captures our attentions... wow. Y'know?

I don't feel like the Melvins have lost their touch, and I don't believe they ever will.
I simply think we should all wait and see what it sounds like.
It's typical BBS fare. 1 guy wants a 2nd Bootlicker, another guy is happy so long as it's not Prick Part 2, and anoter guy thinks Prick was FANTASTIC.

Just going by what we know (can we even say we actually know anything at this point?):
It's going to sound (at least) a LITTLE... different.
Which, of course, in the Melvins universe, means it'll sound like every other album they've ever put forth.
The more things change, the more they yadda yadda.

I guess what I'm saying is... I know for a fact a lot of people don't like Prick. A lot of people don't like CoD (I do!).
Some don't even like PotRE (I can't BEGIN to understand why), so...

be prepared?

JB
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Uncle Fester on March 07, 2010, 12:01:53 AM
Quote from: moose on March 06, 2010, 07:31:14 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 08:25:08 PM
Quote from: moose on March 05, 2010, 07:10:34 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 05:46:30 PM
Quote from: glen on March 05, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 05, 2010, 10:26:28 AM
props to coady for actually being able to follow along with dale.

and I don't think they approach it like that even remotely.
to me coady is equal talent (sans experience).  but equal style?  how can style be equal? lets just say dale crover is dale crover.  I think we all know what that means.
I know that dale crover is dale crover.  I just think it would be kind of hard for a drummer to play the melvins older material and learn all of dales weird rhythm pieces and oddly placed fills. because he can accomplish that doesnt mean coady is at the same "level" as D GROVER. :P
Hey, Crover won't even touch some of that shit now-let alone Willis!

untrue.
they play POTRE
roman dog bird
Anaconda
Tipping the Lion
Boris!!!
all live.
I said some...

sorry. i got carried away.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: DC on March 07, 2010, 11:22:31 AM
I don't really consider chicken switch to be a true melvins album.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Like Stee on March 08, 2010, 01:46:27 PM
Quote from: (((O))) on March 07, 2010, 03:31:18 PM
Quote from: Dc on March 07, 2010, 11:22:31 AM
I don't really consider chicken switch to be a true melvins album.
Same here but then i always think that about The Crybaby too!
I see what you mean, but those songs at least are true collaborations.  I've never considered any remixes to be collaborations, there's no give and take.  They're just remixes.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Rev. Mike on March 08, 2010, 02:13:12 PM
I hope it sounds like a cross between Amon Duul II and the Fugs.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: GrimReaper on March 09, 2010, 01:23:04 AM
Quote from: Like Stee on March 03, 2010, 02:50:26 PM
What was her response to the "what does it sound like" question?

megshi
Masta Killa


Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Posts: 107

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

definitely rocking, and weirder than most of the releases thus far.
imagine that!
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: (the) Razor on March 09, 2010, 01:28:16 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on March 09, 2010, 01:23:04 AM
and weirder than most of the releases thus far.

I wonder if that means previous Melvins incarnations as well?
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: molotov on March 09, 2010, 01:31:02 AM
Quote from: Razor on March 06, 2010, 04:06:49 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on March 06, 2010, 01:19:24 PM
did you think nwb was annoying?

Chicken Switch aka Prick 2
No fucking way.

Prick is much c00l3r!!!!!!!11one
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: (the) Razor on March 09, 2010, 03:53:52 AM
Was answering for DC there.

Not really sure myslef cause I haven't even heard anything from CS yet. Don't really care for pretentious noise artists.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: RichieGoodtimes on March 09, 2010, 04:20:29 AM
You guys haven't heard it yet? Only me, Meg and Cantona? Weird.

I thought you guys were fans.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Schnabster on March 09, 2010, 04:22:31 AM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on March 09, 2010, 04:20:29 AM
You guys haven't heard it yet? Only me, Meg and Cantona? Weird.

I thought you guys were fans.

Schnab is telepathic so he has. Good stuff.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: cantona on March 09, 2010, 04:25:08 AM
Goodtimes, i told you not to let that out dammmmmit
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: The Fool on March 09, 2010, 06:19:44 AM
Quote from: cantona on March 09, 2010, 04:25:08 AM
Goodtimes, i told you not to let that out dammmmmit

hmmm... are Goodtimes' 'good times' over?  :lol:
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: glen on March 09, 2010, 06:29:46 AM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on March 09, 2010, 04:20:29 AM
You guys haven't heard it yet? Only me, Meg and Cantona? Weird.

I thought you guys were fans.

does it suck as bad as you said their last album sucked?
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: MeddlingCrybaby on March 09, 2010, 11:48:07 AM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on March 09, 2010, 04:20:29 AM
You guys haven't heard it yet? Only me, Meg and Cantona? Weird.

I thought you guys were fans.
The only reason Goodtimes was allowed to hear it is because he's Moss' bitch. 
I bet his wife gets jealous of Moss!
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Uncle Fester on March 09, 2010, 01:10:36 PM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on March 09, 2010, 04:20:29 AM
You guys haven't heard it yet? Only me, Meg and Cantona? Weird.

I thought you guys were fans.

(http://www.evolinium.com/images/Robs%20pics/Your%20problem%20is%20obvious.jpg)
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: RichieGoodtimes on March 10, 2010, 02:00:42 AM
Awesome self portrait Fester!
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Braykfast on March 10, 2010, 08:09:58 AM
Wicked burn?
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on March 10, 2010, 09:23:14 AM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on March 09, 2010, 04:20:29 AM
You guys haven't heard it yet? Only me, Meg and Cantona? Weird.

I thought you guys were fans.

There's got to be a reason nobody ever buys that Melvins poster on ebay that has
your face on it....hmmm,let's see.....oh yeah, your face is on it.  :lol:

Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Uncle Fester on March 10, 2010, 09:59:38 AM
Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on March 10, 2010, 02:00:42 AM
Awesome self portrait Fester!

how do you type if your head is up your ass?
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: (PAUL) on March 10, 2010, 11:27:54 AM
Very carefully?
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Uncle Fester on March 10, 2010, 12:04:38 PM
Quote from: pAUL on March 10, 2010, 11:27:54 AM
Very carefully?

nah, I was thinking braille keyboard.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: jlamour on March 10, 2010, 01:44:42 PM
So no word yet on an official release date?  Someone said Reckless Records in Chicago has put it up on their 'upcoming releases' sign.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: anaconda on March 10, 2010, 01:52:42 PM
Where you been? It's coming out June 1, 2010

http://blog.limewire.com/posts/37469-melvins-mount-tour-unleash-new-album/ (http://blog.limewire.com/posts/37469-melvins-mount-tour-unleash-new-album/)

(http://thesickos.free.fr/bride.jpg)
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: jlamour on March 10, 2010, 01:57:20 PM
My problem:

(http://thesickos.free.fr/obvious.jpg)
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: PrickHonky on March 10, 2010, 01:59:55 PM
I really hope they come down to Florida at some point. I don't have a car so it will be difficult for me to travel 7 hours to see them in Georgia
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: liamlw on March 10, 2010, 02:50:33 PM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 04, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
This got me thinking.  Melvins write and record very quickly whereas Tool take 5 years or more.  So how great would a Melvins album be if they had 5 years and a big budget to make it and how shit would a Tool album be if they had a few months to make theirs.

Why even compare the bands?  And tool do not work on the album for all 5 years lol.  Silly post is silly.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Angus Khan on March 10, 2010, 03:30:31 PM
Quote from: liamlw on March 10, 2010, 02:50:33 PM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 04, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
This got me thinking.  Melvins write and record very quickly whereas Tool take 5 years or more.  So how great would a Melvins album be if they had 5 years and a big budget to make it and how shit would a Tool album be if they had a few months to make theirs.

Why even compare the bands?  And tool do not work on the album for all 5 years lol.  Silly post is silly.
Thats true.  It just pains me to see Buzz associating with Tool and I'm concerned about the kind of company he keeps.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: dwr budr on March 10, 2010, 03:35:04 PM

Thats true.  It just pains me to see Buzz associating with Tool and I'm concerned about the kind of company he keeps.
[/quote]


He has kept it since the early/mid 1990's...what's the difference?  Not to be an ass..just a question.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Angus Khan on March 10, 2010, 03:42:45 PM
Quote from: dwr budr on March 10, 2010, 03:35:04 PM

Thats true.  It just pains me to see Buzz associating with Tool and I'm concerned about the kind of company he keeps.


He has kept it since the early/mid 1990's...what's the difference?  Not to be an ass..just a question.
[/quote]
I honestly can't tell you.  It's just one of those things that bothers me and I'm not 100% sure why.  I suppose I shouldn't care really.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: dwr budr on March 10, 2010, 08:00:29 PM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 10, 2010, 03:42:45 PM
Quote from: dwr budr on March 10, 2010, 03:35:04 PM

Thats true.  It just pains me to see Buzz associating with Tool and I'm concerned about the kind of company he keeps.


He has kept it since the early/mid 1990's...what's the difference?  Not to be an ass..just a question.
I honestly can't tell you.  It's just one of those things that bothers me and I'm not 100% sure why.  I suppose I shouldn't care really.
[/quote]

hey, no worries.  i'm no fan of Tool myself (aside from undertow)...
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Angus Khan on March 11, 2010, 11:31:23 AM
I think it's tool fans and the self importance the band members seem to have that distracts from the music that can be good at times when it's not overblown and pompous.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: MrLuck87 on March 11, 2010, 11:51:47 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 11, 2010, 11:31:23 AM
I think it's tool fans

I like Tool.  What a polite comment.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: Angus Khan on March 11, 2010, 12:21:52 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 11, 2010, 11:51:47 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 11, 2010, 11:31:23 AM
I think it's tool fans

I like Tool.  What a polite comment.
I like you.
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: MrLuck87 on March 11, 2010, 12:45:39 PM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 11, 2010, 12:21:52 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 11, 2010, 11:51:47 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 11, 2010, 11:31:23 AM
I think it's tool fans

I like Tool.  What a polite comment.
I like you.
:cheers:
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 11, 2010, 03:06:57 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 11, 2010, 12:45:39 PM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 11, 2010, 12:21:52 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 11, 2010, 11:51:47 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on March 11, 2010, 11:31:23 AM
I think it's tool fans

I like Tool.  What a polite comment.
I like you.
:cheers:
(http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll115/vnshanghai/Leonid%20Brezhnev/14-SovietleaderLeonidBrezhnevandEas.jpg)
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: rictus on March 11, 2010, 03:17:21 PM
 :lol:  :lol:
Title: Re: New Melvins album Finished!
Post by: molotov on March 11, 2010, 11:19:55 PM
Brezhnev?

:o

Never thought I can see him here.
Title: Re: New Melvins album
Post by: meezer on July 14, 2015, 08:20:13 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on July 14, 2015, 08:02:16 AM
With Buzz saying recently that 3 new records are "in the can" all recorded and completed, when do you guys think we may see them? Surely one must be out this year right?? Oct/Nov maybe??

For a band that are so prolific, im getting impatient actually waiting!
October, like Hold It In and Tres Cabrones.