themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Show Reviews => Topic started by: MagusPerde on July 13, 2011, 03:48:53 AM

Title: Melvins Lite 07/12/2011 Detroit Bar, Costa Mesa, CA
Post by: MagusPerde on July 13, 2011, 03:48:53 AM
Completely different show than the previous one I saw here last October. Set list was the same as above except I thought "History" was going to be Bad Men, but no, it was Drunks! I love that song! Obviously the sound wasn't as loud as full load Melvins. Very laid back crowd. Pitfalls In Serving Warrants! Captain Pungent/Berthas! My favorites were Suicide In Progress & especially Electric Flower.

Show started at 11 pm and ended around 12:15 am.


video of Captain Pungent/Berthas:   Melvins - Captain Pungent/Berthas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-P7YKE3X5k#ws)


Title: Re: Melvins Lite 07/12/2011 Detroit Bar, Costa Mesa, CA
Post by: black stallion on July 13, 2011, 04:02:46 AM
please buzz,hire trevor
Title: Re: Melvins Lite 07/12/2011 Detroit Bar, Costa Mesa, CA
Post by: BaronVonLipshitz on July 13, 2011, 05:22:59 AM
Kick-ass video, thanks for posting!
Title: Re: Melvins Lite 07/12/2011 Detroit Bar, Costa Mesa, CA
Post by: Shatz on July 13, 2011, 06:43:49 AM
Wouldn't have suspected that Trevor plays upright and not electric bass in this formation.
Nice!
Title: Re: Melvins Lite 07/12/2011 Detroit Bar, Costa Mesa, CA
Post by: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on July 13, 2011, 09:49:12 AM
Rockabilly Melvins
Title: Re: Melvins Lite 07/12/2011 Detroit Bar, Costa Mesa, CA
Post by: jonE5 on July 13, 2011, 11:12:36 AM
Please god.. Tell me that Somebody Awesome Recorded these shows

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Title: Re: Melvins Lite 07/12/2011 Detroit Bar, Costa Mesa, CA
Post by: genericus on July 13, 2011, 10:49:39 PM
Does anybody know who the other drummer who jammed with Toshi was?
Title: Re: Melvins Lite 07/12/2011 Detroit Bar, Costa Mesa, CA
Post by: Живојиновић on July 13, 2011, 11:01:43 PM
Quote from: genericus on July 13, 2011, 10:49:39 PM
Does anybody know who the other drummer who jammed with Toshi was?

no idea
Title: Re: Melvins Lite 07/12/2011 Detroit Bar, Costa Mesa, CA
Post by: greenguy on July 17, 2011, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on July 13, 2011, 11:12:36 AM
Please god.. Tell me that Somebody Awesome Recorded these shows

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
And the Lord said, "I tell you the truth, I have heard, and I will grant."
http://www.youtube.com/user/harrycloud13 (http://www.youtube.com/user/harrycloud13)
Title: Re: Melvins Lite 07/12/2011 Detroit Bar, Costa Mesa, CA
Post by: jonE5 on July 18, 2011, 11:20:12 AM
Quote from: greenguy on July 17, 2011, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on July 13, 2011, 11:12:36 AM
Please god.. Tell me that Somebody Awesome Recorded these shows

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
And the Lord said, "I tell you the truth, I have heard, and I will grant."
http://www.youtube.com/user/harrycloud13 (http://www.youtube.com/user/harrycloud13)

Thank you sir! Much obliged... But I was more referring to Audio that can then be DL'd in.. Say a torrent or something..

BTW  You have an awesome you tube Page