themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: jules on April 19, 2012, 04:22:42 PM

Title: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: jules on April 19, 2012, 04:22:42 PM
.....has been mentioned on the Melvins' Facebook page. Keep an eye out there and on the AmRep site, too. Five artists involved, presumably five designs.

This from Junko Mizuno:

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/306673_10150680587975939_2679422409.jpg)
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: DC on April 19, 2012, 04:35:18 PM
huhuhuh nips.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: (PAUL) on April 19, 2012, 05:26:08 PM
Sweet, any more details like how much, what songs, quantity, etc?
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: buddy holiday on April 20, 2012, 01:05:32 AM
thanks for the heads-up!
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on April 20, 2012, 11:03:03 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on April 19, 2012, 05:26:08 PM
Sweet, any more details like how much, what songs, quantity, etc?

This is from the melvin facebook page
    "Our song is off FREAK PUKE! Hammerheads track is an unreleased track from their "Duh, The Big City" LP = undeniably primo Hammerhead."
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: jonE5 on April 20, 2012, 11:59:50 AM
I love Junkos art. Her version of TBSM vinyl is one of my favorites, It's much nicer in person..

I hope I have the cash to grab one of these when they become available
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: jules on May 07, 2012, 12:55:38 PM
This from Chris Mars:

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/578135_10150744291905939_2679422409.jpg)


and Camille Rose Garcia:

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/582068_10150707332085939_2679422409.jpg)
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Mount Ambulance on May 07, 2012, 06:14:18 PM
Hey Jules, you know if these are multiple versions/same release? Or are these for other releases. The Garcia is cool.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: (PAUL) on May 07, 2012, 06:54:31 PM
I think the front page of themelvins.net has more details. From what I remember it's the same song on all editions just different artwork.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: jules on May 07, 2012, 11:56:56 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on May 07, 2012, 06:14:18 PM
Hey Jules, you know if these are multiple versions/same release? Or are these for other releases. The Garcia is cool.
Same record, five different artworks.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: oldernie on May 08, 2012, 01:04:52 AM
i will definately want 5 copies of this record then.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on May 09, 2012, 10:35:19 PM
Quote from: jules on April 19, 2012, 04:22:42 PM
.....has been mentioned on the Melvins' Facebook page. Keep an eye out there and on the AmRep site, too. Five artists involved, presumably five designs.

This from Junko Mizuno:

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/306673_10150680587975939_2679422409.jpg)

Sweet !

Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 10, 2012, 05:24:32 PM
Next single!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: (PAUL) on May 10, 2012, 05:50:25 PM
Somewhat predictible but still very cool.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Mount Ambulance on May 10, 2012, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 10, 2012, 05:24:32 PM
Next single!

Nice. Dig the super buried imagery faded into the background.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: jules on May 15, 2012, 04:47:33 PM
#five of five (from Haze XXL):

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/559616_10150818440920939_2679422409.jpg)
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 25, 2012, 11:53:44 AM
On sale Sunday at 6pm CT.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: jonE5 on May 25, 2012, 12:25:19 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 25, 2012, 11:53:44 AM
On sale Sunday at 6pm CT.

Thanks for the heads up.. I really want the Junko and the Fairy
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: DC on May 25, 2012, 04:10:37 PM
I would like to see a Harvey Milk/Melvins split.

HM doing.... With Teeth
Melvins doing.... Go Back to France
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Godflesh on May 25, 2012, 04:53:44 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 25, 2012, 11:53:44 AM
On sale Sunday at 6pm CT.

What!!??

In the dead of night again  :x
And I bet they are all gone when the morning comes. Finland sucks ass.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on May 25, 2012, 05:00:54 PM
Quote from: Godflesh on May 25, 2012, 04:53:44 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 25, 2012, 11:53:44 AM
On sale Sunday at 6pm CT.

What!!??

In the dead of night again  :x
And I bet they are all gone when the morning comes. Finland sucks ass.

set your alarm, you gots to do what you gots to do
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Godflesh on May 25, 2012, 11:49:10 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on May 25, 2012, 05:00:54 PM
Quote from: Godflesh on May 25, 2012, 04:53:44 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 25, 2012, 11:53:44 AM
On sale Sunday at 6pm CT.

What!!??

In the dead of night again  :x
And I bet they are all gone when the morning comes. Finland sucks ass.

set your alarm, you gots to do what you gots to do

No can do  :(

I got a VERY angry, and I mean _angry_ wife if she is disturbed at 2 am.
The 3-year-old and 4-month-old girls are such a pain to get to sleep that if you wake them, you wake Cthulhu. And I'm so exhausted at the moment that I can't go all the way until two.

Bye bye records...
Title: hammerhead splits
Post by: bruce on May 27, 2012, 10:11:07 AM
maybe mentioned here before.
apparently go on sale at 6pm central time, whenever that is...
http://www.shoxop.com/collections/melvins-hammerhead-7-picture-discs (http://www.shoxop.com/collections/melvins-hammerhead-7-picture-discs)
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: J_B on May 27, 2012, 05:44:40 PM
Just posted:
Split 7" picture disc made in conjunction with the "Post-Moral Neanderthal Retardist Pornography" art shows in LA & NYC.  5, count 'em 5, different variant artwork by the likes of Camille Rose Garcia, Shepard Fairey, Junko Mizuno, Chris Mars & Haze-XXL.


A-side: Melvins- "A Growing Disgust"

B-side: Hammerhead- "Lite Industrial"


2500 total of this release with 500 pressed of each design

Sweeeet
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on May 27, 2012, 06:02:46 PM
THERE UP!!!

I GOT A SET :D
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: rimb on May 27, 2012, 06:03:29 PM
Well, that was stressful but I was lucky enough to get a full set.

Only 100 of each design for online sale!
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: J_B on May 27, 2012, 06:07:27 PM
Got my set too - anyone wanna start a pool for how long they'll be available online? haha
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Idlehanz on May 27, 2012, 06:11:19 PM
If you keep getting the page that says all or some are sold out already, after you go through checkout, just refresh and keep trying.  Took me about five minutes of trying and I got the set.  I'm sure the page is just being overloaded.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on May 27, 2012, 06:14:50 PM
still showing the junko, all other sold out
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Idlehanz on May 27, 2012, 06:19:39 PM
Yep.....I knew they'd go quick, but I didn't think they'd be gone in 15 minutes. 


Aaaaannnndd......now they're all gone.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: J_B on May 27, 2012, 06:22:49 PM
Yea man, way quicker than I thought too... crazy
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Zorn on May 27, 2012, 06:26:08 PM
I'm pissed off. I was waiting for two hours; when they went on sale I've added some to my cart, and when I tried to checkout (many times) the only answer I got was that everything is sold out. And yet I'm sure I was in time...
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Idlehanz on May 27, 2012, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: Zorn on May 27, 2012, 06:26:08 PM
I'm pissed off. I was waiting for two hours; when they went on sale I've added some to my cart, and when I tried to checkout (many times) the only answer I got was that everything is sold out. And yet I'm sure I was in time...
I did some cussing myself when the same thing happened, but I kept trying and eventually it went through.  I'm not sure what caused it not to work at all for some people.  I was hitting refresh every 5 seconds 2 minutes before they we're for sale and once the were on sale, it took five minutes of refreshing and refilling my basket to get them.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some for sale on the tour.  At least the first few dates anyway.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Idlehanz on May 27, 2012, 06:32:44 PM
From Amrep:


Before anyone blows there stack and gets nasty, keep in mind that most have been put aside for the art shows. What doesn't sell at the shows will come back online. Also the artists will be selling their own copies and when that happens we will post here. We'll see if we can't start a wait list for those occasions. Email ordering@amphetaminereptile.com and put PIC DISC WAIT LIST in subject. Only those emailing in the nest 12 hours will get on the list in the order emails were received.

Better shoot those emails out ASAP.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Zorn on May 27, 2012, 06:51:21 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on May 27, 2012, 06:32:44 PM
From Amrep:


Before anyone blows there stack and gets nasty, keep in mind that most have been put aside for the art shows. What doesn't sell at the shows will come back online. Also the artists will be selling their own copies and when that happens we will post here. We'll see if we can't start a wait list for those occasions. Email ordering@amphetaminereptile.com and put PIC DISC WAIT LIST in subject. Only those emailing in the nest 12 hours will get on the list in the order emails were received.

Better shoot those emails out ASAP.

Maybe a new chance to get one... Thanks!
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: pinkyslim on May 27, 2012, 07:10:18 PM
That was awesome.
All 5 bought buy 4:04 pm PST 8)

AM REP rules. :twisted:
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: FartLips on May 27, 2012, 07:16:48 PM
now who's got the balls to play one?
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: pinkyslim on May 27, 2012, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: FartLips on May 27, 2012, 07:16:48 PM
now who's got the balls to play one?

records are made to be sealed, sold on e-bay then renigged  :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Greasy Statement on May 27, 2012, 08:28:45 PM
well that saved me $20....
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: FartLips on May 27, 2012, 09:15:26 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 27, 2012, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: FartLips on May 27, 2012, 07:16:48 PM
now who's got the balls to play one?

records are made to be sealed, sold on e-bay then renigged  :lol:
only to loudmouths. :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: (((O))) on May 28, 2012, 05:03:57 AM
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 27, 2012, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: FartLips on May 27, 2012, 07:16:48 PM
now who's got the balls to play one?

records are made to be sealed, sold on e-bay then renigged  :lol:
The next Flipper album should have a picture of Pinky on the cover!!  :)
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: black stallion on May 28, 2012, 05:16:26 AM
Quote from: )))((( on May 28, 2012, 05:03:57 AM
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 27, 2012, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: FartLips on May 27, 2012, 07:16:48 PM
now who's got the balls to play one?

records are made to be sealed, sold on e-bay then renigged  :lol:
The next Flipper album should have a picture of Pinky on the cover!!  :)

wearing a bikini
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: jonE5 on May 28, 2012, 11:36:21 AM
Hopefully I can figure out how to go to the NYC show and get these records there.. Got drunk yesterday and forgot  #-o
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: moose on May 28, 2012, 04:33:37 PM
Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2012, 05:16:26 AM
Quote from: )))((( on May 28, 2012, 05:03:57 AM
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 27, 2012, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: FartLips on May 27, 2012, 07:16:48 PM
now who's got the balls to play one?

records are made to be sealed, sold on e-bay then renigged  :lol:
The next Flipper album should have a picture of Pinky on the cover!!  :)

wearing a bikini
:D
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: FartLips on May 28, 2012, 09:18:04 PM
Quote from: moose on May 28, 2012, 04:33:37 PM
Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2012, 05:16:26 AM
Quote from: )))((( on May 28, 2012, 05:03:57 AM
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 27, 2012, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: FartLips on May 27, 2012, 07:16:48 PM
now who's got the balls to play one?

records are made to be sealed, sold on e-bay then renigged  :lol:
The next Flipper album should have a picture of Pinky on the cover!!  :)

wearing a codpiece.
:D
poor moose.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Dan_Halen on May 30, 2012, 06:38:34 PM
I was lucky enough to get the Camille Rose Garcia and the Junko ones. I guess I went for sexy over scary!
It was a stressful experience indeed.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Idlehanz on May 30, 2012, 06:45:00 PM
For those needing some, this is from Haze himself on the Amrep board.

There WILL be some more coming online, I'm certain of that, so hang tight and ignore ebay.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: (PAUL) on June 01, 2012, 10:06:33 PM
Mine arrived today!
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Dan_Halen on June 01, 2012, 11:22:02 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on June 01, 2012, 10:06:33 PM
Mine arrived today!

Mine too, they really are more amazing in person. Almost too pretty to play....almost!
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: J_B on June 04, 2012, 05:25:39 PM
Mine came today... Anyone else notice that the reverse side picture of each is aligned with the front side picture (both tops up) on all the 7"s except for the Haze one? Or is mine a mistake or something?
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on June 05, 2012, 08:12:36 PM

Yes, very nice.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: smokey on June 26, 2012, 11:01:17 AM
fyi...
Chris Mars variant is available on his webstore.
http://www.chrismarspublishing.com/ecommerce/products.asp (http://www.chrismarspublishing.com/ecommerce/products.asp)
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Dan_Halen on July 04, 2012, 11:19:35 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/levarekgallery/sets/72157630393845318/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/levarekgallery/sets/72157630393845318/)

Buy them here  :D
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Alex- on July 04, 2012, 12:26:59 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on July 04, 2012, 11:19:35 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/levarekgallery/sets/72157630393845318/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/levarekgallery/sets/72157630393845318/)

Buy them here  :D

An e-mail has been sent, thanks! :)
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Alex- on July 06, 2012, 01:20:58 PM
Currently all five versions are for sale here; https://www.toytokyo.com/category/art/vinyl-record (https://www.toytokyo.com/category/art/vinyl-record)

''original'' price, 25 dollar each

Obviously I got a mail today with this information, while yesterday I decided to buy all five singles from Ebay..
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: (PAUL) on July 06, 2012, 03:12:58 PM
That's not bad, only $5 more than they were originally going for. Sorry you pulled the trigger early there Alex, but hey, you're getting them.
Title: Re: Melvins / Hammerhead spilt 7" picture disc
Post by: Alex- on July 06, 2012, 05:12:28 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 06, 2012, 03:12:58 PM
That's not bad, only $5 more than they were originally going for. Sorry you pulled the trigger early there Alex, but hey, you're getting them.

Yep it's a good deal, and the whole set is still on there!

Oh I thought they were 25 dollar on Amrep as well, maybe i'm confused with the price inlcuding the shipping costs..

I've got them for 28 each, also not a bad deal I guess