themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: jules on September 26, 2013, 04:27:14 PM

Title: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: jules on September 26, 2013, 04:27:14 PM
Doctor Mule + Helmet on the other side. Ready in around five weeks from AmRep.

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/a07a8e7f-89b4-410c-972f-1dc6cff08e16_zpsbc8a3739.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/a07a8e7f-89b4-410c-972f-1dc6cff08e16_zpsbc8a3739.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on September 26, 2013, 04:40:13 PM
OH HECK YES!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: jules on September 26, 2013, 04:45:08 PM
That says chip gong in Korean, which means artificial ball. By the way.  :nerd:
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: black stallion on September 26, 2013, 04:52:14 PM
Quote from: jules on September 26, 2013, 04:45:08 PM
That says chip gong in Korean, which means artificial ball. By the way.  :nerd:

i know you can't go wrong in matter of Korean things  :D
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Captain CoryCory on September 26, 2013, 05:21:34 PM
Dr. Mule on vinyl!? Hey, AmRep! HERE'S MORE MONEY!
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: buddy holiday on September 27, 2013, 02:05:43 AM
Quote from: jules on September 26, 2013, 04:45:08 PM
That says chip gong in Korean, which means artificial ball. By the way.  :nerd:
i thought that i have to ask you if that means anything.

looking forward to it... as usually. hopefully ready together with the next 2 clown singles and or SD splits.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: DeeSonyaChin on September 27, 2013, 09:19:32 AM
OH ITS ON LIKE A POT OF NECKBONES
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: PorcoRosso on September 28, 2013, 12:10:10 PM
Haven't heard helmet in mad yonks ,
should be good !
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: FartLips on September 29, 2013, 03:22:51 AM
Quote from: PorcoRosso on September 28, 2013, 12:10:10 PM
Haven't heard helmet in mad yonks ,
should be good !
there's a reason why you haven't heard them in mad yonks.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Jarjaxle on October 05, 2013, 08:04:40 PM
I would love to see Helmet live again
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: LuckMach3 on October 05, 2013, 09:16:11 PM
I saw Helmet live last year and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed the show.  They're still great live even though I can't get into the "Page Hamilton + Studio Guys" Helmet albums.  John Stainer was always my favorite aspect of Helmet.

I may get this 7" anyway though because Dr Mule rules!
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Jarjaxle on October 05, 2013, 10:24:52 PM
Personally, I really liked Henry on the Bass. He was always such a great guy.... Back in the 90's I played Bass in a band and our Drummer was Helmets drum tech for their "Meantime" tour. Once we made it to New York, Henry let us stay at his apartment no questions asked. A really cool guy who had an amazing collection of steel guitars. It really made sense to me when, years later, I saw that he guest stared on Ramblin man and Okie on the Melvins Crybaby LP.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: jules on October 06, 2013, 06:14:36 AM
Black vinyl looks so fucking strange on an AmRep release!

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/45ee9d44-c538-4121-965a-682644917b5e_zps71c11d24.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/45ee9d44-c538-4121-965a-682644917b5e_zps71c11d24.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: (the) Razor on October 06, 2013, 09:36:19 PM
Cover art reminds me of the American Australian war from a few years back.

QuoteThe war is first mentioned on Lazlow's radio show Chatterbox FM in Grand Theft Auto III when a veteran of the war, Col. James P., calls in to talk about how no one cares about the Australian-American War. Lazlow then goes on to mention that he's never heard of it. The vet talks about how the Australians equipped boomerangs and kangaroos with explosives.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: anaconda on October 06, 2013, 11:50:05 PM
the knife is backwards
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: jules on October 07, 2013, 04:08:33 PM
The A Side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Q-0B_i9PC0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q-0B_i9PC0#)
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: FartLips on October 08, 2013, 09:57:02 PM
I like the slow pan effect on the album cover as it goes.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: carol on October 08, 2013, 10:50:42 PM
Quote from: FartLips on October 08, 2013, 09:57:02 PM
I like the slow pan effect on the album cover as it goes.

gay side..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Alex- on November 07, 2013, 03:06:01 PM
amrep facebook post; ''This is to announce that we'll announce the online order date tomorrow. We just wanted an excuse to post pretty vinyl porn.''

(https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/s403x403/1393927_10151980480787040_1069058733_n.jpg)
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 07, 2013, 03:07:29 PM
Quote from: Alex- on November 07, 2013, 03:06:01 PM
amrep facebook post; ''This is to announce that we'll announce the online order date tomorrow. We just wanted an excuse to post pretty vinyl porn.''

(https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/s403x403/1393927_10151980480787040_1069058733_n.jpg)

YES YES YES YES EYS YESYES YESYESYYSYESYEYESYESYSESEYSEYES
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Stonergrunge on November 07, 2013, 03:13:06 PM
I suppose they will also give the date for the clown singles.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 07, 2013, 03:23:57 PM
i just want the sugar daddy's too end!
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: PorcoRosso on November 07, 2013, 09:58:30 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 07, 2013, 03:13:06 PM
I suppose they will also give the date for the clown singles.

Ugh , I hope they hold off on the clowns for a bit . I can't afford anything right now : (
And my knee pads have gone and worn out ....
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: buddy holiday on November 08, 2013, 01:55:57 AM
haze commented that it will be the clowns too. so i expect 3 clowns and the helmet split. ...and maybe some leftover stuff from d-dorf. very nice!
SD splits hopefully come to an end sometime...
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: JUDY on November 09, 2013, 09:43:05 PM
a few of the regulars have a thanos insert  :lol: :lol:
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos))  :nerd:

(http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/robotsindetroit/1455097_10202605390721954_1729764431_n_zpsf2236175.jpg) (http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/robotsindetroit/media/1455097_10202605390721954_1729764431_n_zpsf2236175.jpg.html)

Stared special edition at the bottom .... Mmm, bloody tangerine  :P
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: FartLips on November 09, 2013, 10:19:57 PM
Quote from: carol on October 08, 2013, 10:50:42 PM
Quote from: FartLips on October 08, 2013, 09:57:02 PM
I like the slow pan effect on the album cover as it goes.

gay side..
hey, pinky/landshart/carol is baaaack!!!!
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: FartLips on November 10, 2013, 03:10:05 PM
Quote from: landshark on November 10, 2013, 02:56:42 PM
give a hick an inch and it still can't stop running the gaping hole in it's face.
who are you talking about? schnab?
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: (PAUL) on November 10, 2013, 06:12:22 PM
Up now, along with two of the Clown 7"s.

http://www.shoxop.com/collections/brand-spanking-new (http://www.shoxop.com/collections/brand-spanking-new)
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: jules on November 10, 2013, 06:24:52 PM
 :lol:  It's great being part of the e-stampede!
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: PorcoRosso on November 10, 2013, 07:00:12 PM
I think I am most stoked about this record of the ones released today .
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: GrimReaper on November 10, 2013, 11:39:40 PM

Slept through another release. I need to hire someone.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Buckwheat on November 16, 2013, 08:57:25 PM
Are the variants ( plus the clown variants) only going to be sold on the Australia tour???
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: JUDY on November 16, 2013, 09:05:55 PM
Quote from: Buckwheat on November 16, 2013, 08:57:25 PM
Are the variants ( plus the clown variants) only going to be sold on the Australia tour???

I don't think so. Australia is like Canada .... as in they tax a crap ton on the merch bands bring in.

I expect a lot of 'leftovers' to go up online after the tour.

The star'd and numbered Haze edition will go on sale at the NYE party.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Buckwheat on November 16, 2013, 09:15:55 PM
Thanks Judy!
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: JUDY on November 16, 2013, 09:38:26 PM
You betchya ;)

Good luck!
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Dumpster D on November 17, 2013, 02:53:33 AM
This is monnumental! agonizing that Im so far behind my melvins collection right now.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Amplified Cake on November 18, 2013, 07:41:23 PM
Got my Melvins's in the mail today.
up first is the Helmet side: Almost instantly transported back to the 90's. Its like a drug, but the high only lasted like 2 seconds, so I chased the dragon by slowing the pitch control down about 2 or 4%. It didn't so much "work". Solid track, sweet recording/production/duplication values but overall underwhelming first listen. Later returning for a 2nd and 3rd spin at regular speed (45) and now the tweeds are kicking in real good and this song is sounding great since I put on my super dope cover hat head-warmer thingy. Full-on windmills and headbanging from the waist up. This track is on fire! Yep. It holds up at 33rpm too. even 33 minus 10% and back to [45] 45 is the speed revolutions. VIVA REVOLUTIONS!
Melvins side: Cool synth shits? maybe some Sir David Scott Stone in the mix??? Electro80's Yes style freak-jam with hand-clap ha! Melvins.

Glazed over the Clowns just once until,
Victoria: B-side on the Kinks 7" got INSTANT replays, not twice but THRICE! Got me power struttin' up and down my spot. Now its getting played at 33. Now 33 minus 20% pitch control. Now again.... The Melvins is Jams. Play it again, slower, make it last.  my melvins spot is wet again. thanks for playing.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 18, 2013, 07:45:05 PM
Quote from: Amplified Cake on November 18, 2013, 07:41:23 PM
Got my Melvins's in the mail today.
up first is the Helmet side: Almost instantly transported back to the 90's. Its like a drug, but the high only lasted like 2 seconds, so I chased the dragon by slowing the pitch control down about 2 or 4%. It didn't so much "work". Solid track, sweet recording/production/duplication values but overall underwhelming first listen. Later returning for a 2nd and 3rd spin at regular speed (45) and now the tweeds are kicking in real good and this song is sounding great since I put on my super dope cover hat head-warmer thingy. Full-on windmills and headbanging from the waist up. This track is on fire! Yep. It holds up at 33rpm too. even 33 minus 10% and back to [45] 45 is the speed revolutions. VIVA REVOLUTIONS!
Melvins side: Cool synth shits? maybe some Sir David Scott Stone in the mix??? Electro80's Yes style freak-jam with hand-clap ha! Melvins.

Glazed over the Clowns just once until,
Victoria: B-side on the Kinks 7" got INSTANT replays, not twice but THRICE! Got me power struttin' up and down my spot. Now its getting played at 33. Now 33 minus 20% pitch control. Now again.... The Melvins is Jams. Play it again, slower, make it last.  my melvins spot is wet again. thanks for playing.

I'm way to stoned to for this to make sense   :D
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Idlehanz on November 18, 2013, 07:49:46 PM
Quote from: Amplified Cake on November 18, 2013, 07:41:23 PM

Melvins side: Cool synth shits? maybe some Sir David Scott Stone in the mix??? Electro80's Yes style freak-jam with hand-clap ha!

No DSS, that's Buzz on a Stylophone.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Amplified Cake on November 18, 2013, 07:58:57 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on November 18, 2013, 07:49:46 PM
Quote from: Amplified Cake on November 18, 2013, 07:41:23 PM

Melvins side: Cool synth shits? maybe some Sir David Scott Stone in the mix??? Electro80's Yes style freak-jam with hand-clap ha!

No DSS, that's Buzz on a Stylophone.

Yeah, I was just sayin' is all. I didn't really think it was him. I was totally way high back when I said that so...  :later:
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 18, 2013, 08:06:54 PM
Mr. Hand (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2xauk4l_Hg#)
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: PorcoRosso on November 18, 2013, 10:36:59 PM
Quote from: Amplified Cake on November 18, 2013, 07:41:23 PM
Got my Melvins's in the mail today.
up first is the Helmet side: Almost instantly transported back to the 90's. Its like a drug, but the high only lasted like 2 seconds, so I chased the dragon by slowing the pitch control down about 2 or 4%. It didn't so much "work". Solid track, sweet recording/production/duplication values but overall underwhelming first listen. Later returning for a 2nd and 3rd spin at regular speed (45) and now the tweeds are kicking in real good and this song is sounding great since I put on my super dope cover hat head-warmer thingy. Full-on windmills and headbanging from the waist up. This track is on fire! Yep. It holds up at 33rpm too. even 33 minus 10% and back to [45] 45 is the speed revolutions. VIVA REVOLUTIONS!
Melvins side: Cool synth shits? maybe some Sir David Scott Stone in the mix??? Electro80's Yes style freak-jam with hand-clap ha! Melvins.

Glazed over the Clowns just once until,
Victoria: B-side on the Kinks 7" got INSTANT replays, not twice but THRICE! Got me power struttin' up and down my spot. Now its getting played at 33. Now 33 minus 20% pitch control. Now again.... The Melvins is Jams. Play it again, slower, make it last.  my melvins spot is wet again. thanks for playing.

Ha !
I used to play eggnog at both speeds , as well as my old napalm death 45's.
I had some old metallica 12's  for jump in the fire and Harvester of sorrow,
they sounded like Eyehategod when played at 33 ( though I have no idea if eyehategod existed back then , prolly not) . I listened to them mostly like that . Ah the things you do about twenty years ago.....
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Bigval on September 09, 2021, 06:11:25 AM
Helmet are releasing their first live album of old shows and Toshi did some mixing on the album:

QuoteSomeone did manage to run a 2" 24-track tape machine during our set at the Melbourne Big Day Out; thanks are due to those folks. We've had these tapes collecting dust in the band locker (New Jersey pre-2001, North Hollywood since) for all these years so we enlisted our talented pal Toshi Kasai to mix some of the set and Golden Mastering to polish things up."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/helmet-to-release-first-official-live-album-live-and-rare/
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: (the) Razor on September 11, 2021, 05:18:43 AM
Blabbermouth is still going?

Used to read that site to get my Pantera updates  :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: the bloat on September 11, 2021, 05:08:07 PM
That article is a good read (if you're a Helmet fan). Which I am!
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: rimb on September 11, 2021, 07:27:42 PM
First helmet release I've been excited about for quite some time!
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: amazonAMAZON on September 11, 2021, 10:13:31 PM
For two decades I thought Helmet was German for no apparent reason.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Mints on September 11, 2021, 11:59:10 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 11, 2021, 10:13:31 PM
For two decades I thought Helmet was German for no apparent reason.

I think that's Helmut, best known for their 1994 album Bitte.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Mints on September 13, 2021, 02:17:39 PM
Quote from: Mints on September 11, 2021, 11:59:10 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 11, 2021, 10:13:31 PM
For two decades I thought Helmet was German for no apparent reason.

I think that's Helmut, best known for their 1994 album Bitte.

Oh, come ONNNNNN. That was gold!

Tough crowd.
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 13, 2021, 02:56:27 PM
 :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"
Post by: Mints on September 14, 2021, 05:18:22 PM
Solicited, sure, but I'll take it!👋