Melvins/Helmet split tour 7"

Started by jules, September 26, 2013, 04:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GrimReaper


Slept through another release. I need to hire someone.

Buckwheat

Are the variants ( plus the clown variants) only going to be sold on the Australia tour???

JUDY

Quote from: Buckwheat on November 16, 2013, 08:57:25 PM
Are the variants ( plus the clown variants) only going to be sold on the Australia tour???

I don't think so. Australia is like Canada .... as in they tax a crap ton on the merch bands bring in.

I expect a lot of 'leftovers' to go up online after the tour.

The star'd and numbered Haze edition will go on sale at the NYE party.

Buckwheat


JUDY


Dumpster D

This is monnumental! agonizing that Im so far behind my melvins collection right now.

Amplified Cake

Got my Melvins's in the mail today.
up first is the Helmet side: Almost instantly transported back to the 90's. Its like a drug, but the high only lasted like 2 seconds, so I chased the dragon by slowing the pitch control down about 2 or 4%. It didn't so much "work". Solid track, sweet recording/production/duplication values but overall underwhelming first listen. Later returning for a 2nd and 3rd spin at regular speed (45) and now the tweeds are kicking in real good and this song is sounding great since I put on my super dope cover hat head-warmer thingy. Full-on windmills and headbanging from the waist up. This track is on fire! Yep. It holds up at 33rpm too. even 33 minus 10% and back to [45] 45 is the speed revolutions. VIVA REVOLUTIONS!
Melvins side: Cool synth shits? maybe some Sir David Scott Stone in the mix??? Electro80's Yes style freak-jam with hand-clap ha! Melvins.

Glazed over the Clowns just once until,
Victoria: B-side on the Kinks 7" got INSTANT replays, not twice but THRICE! Got me power struttin' up and down my spot. Now its getting played at 33. Now 33 minus 20% pitch control. Now again.... The Melvins is Jams. Play it again, slower, make it last.  my melvins spot is wet again. thanks for playing.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: Amplified Cake on November 18, 2013, 07:41:23 PM
Got my Melvins's in the mail today.
up first is the Helmet side: Almost instantly transported back to the 90's. Its like a drug, but the high only lasted like 2 seconds, so I chased the dragon by slowing the pitch control down about 2 or 4%. It didn't so much "work". Solid track, sweet recording/production/duplication values but overall underwhelming first listen. Later returning for a 2nd and 3rd spin at regular speed (45) and now the tweeds are kicking in real good and this song is sounding great since I put on my super dope cover hat head-warmer thingy. Full-on windmills and headbanging from the waist up. This track is on fire! Yep. It holds up at 33rpm too. even 33 minus 10% and back to [45] 45 is the speed revolutions. VIVA REVOLUTIONS!
Melvins side: Cool synth shits? maybe some Sir David Scott Stone in the mix??? Electro80's Yes style freak-jam with hand-clap ha! Melvins.

Glazed over the Clowns just once until,
Victoria: B-side on the Kinks 7" got INSTANT replays, not twice but THRICE! Got me power struttin' up and down my spot. Now its getting played at 33. Now 33 minus 20% pitch control. Now again.... The Melvins is Jams. Play it again, slower, make it last.  my melvins spot is wet again. thanks for playing.

I'm way to stoned to for this to make sense   :D
I got the shits real bad.



Idlehanz

Quote from: Amplified Cake on November 18, 2013, 07:41:23 PM

Melvins side: Cool synth shits? maybe some Sir David Scott Stone in the mix??? Electro80's Yes style freak-jam with hand-clap ha!

No DSS, that's Buzz on a Stylophone.

Amplified Cake

Quote from: Idlehanz on November 18, 2013, 07:49:46 PM
Quote from: Amplified Cake on November 18, 2013, 07:41:23 PM

Melvins side: Cool synth shits? maybe some Sir David Scott Stone in the mix??? Electro80's Yes style freak-jam with hand-clap ha!

No DSS, that's Buzz on a Stylophone.

Yeah, I was just sayin' is all. I didn't really think it was him. I was totally way high back when I said that so...  :later:

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.



PorcoRosso

Quote from: Amplified Cake on November 18, 2013, 07:41:23 PM
Got my Melvins's in the mail today.
up first is the Helmet side: Almost instantly transported back to the 90's. Its like a drug, but the high only lasted like 2 seconds, so I chased the dragon by slowing the pitch control down about 2 or 4%. It didn't so much "work". Solid track, sweet recording/production/duplication values but overall underwhelming first listen. Later returning for a 2nd and 3rd spin at regular speed (45) and now the tweeds are kicking in real good and this song is sounding great since I put on my super dope cover hat head-warmer thingy. Full-on windmills and headbanging from the waist up. This track is on fire! Yep. It holds up at 33rpm too. even 33 minus 10% and back to [45] 45 is the speed revolutions. VIVA REVOLUTIONS!
Melvins side: Cool synth shits? maybe some Sir David Scott Stone in the mix??? Electro80's Yes style freak-jam with hand-clap ha! Melvins.

Glazed over the Clowns just once until,
Victoria: B-side on the Kinks 7" got INSTANT replays, not twice but THRICE! Got me power struttin' up and down my spot. Now its getting played at 33. Now 33 minus 20% pitch control. Now again.... The Melvins is Jams. Play it again, slower, make it last.  my melvins spot is wet again. thanks for playing.

Ha !
I used to play eggnog at both speeds , as well as my old napalm death 45's.
I had some old metallica 12's  for jump in the fire and Harvester of sorrow,
they sounded like Eyehategod when played at 33 ( though I have no idea if eyehategod existed back then , prolly not) . I listened to them mostly like that . Ah the things you do about twenty years ago.....

Bigval

Helmet are releasing their first live album of old shows and Toshi did some mixing on the album:

QuoteSomeone did manage to run a 2" 24-track tape machine during our set at the Melbourne Big Day Out; thanks are due to those folks. We've had these tapes collecting dust in the band locker (New Jersey pre-2001, North Hollywood since) for all these years so we enlisted our talented pal Toshi Kasai to mix some of the set and Golden Mastering to polish things up."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/helmet-to-release-first-official-live-album-live-and-rare/

(the) Razor

Blabbermouth is still going?

Used to read that site to get my Pantera updates  :lol:
Don't click this

the bloat

That article is a good read (if you're a Helmet fan). Which I am!