themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Dave on September 17, 2003, 04:01:22 PM

Title: About Dale
Post by: Dave on September 17, 2003, 04:01:22 PM
Any of you Geeks know if he uses a double bass pedal?
Title: About Dale
Post by: Rembrandt Pussyhorse on September 17, 2003, 06:16:24 PM
yes
iron cobra if im correct.
Title: About Dale
Post by: CausesUnknown on September 17, 2003, 07:04:35 PM
yes, and you are correct, it is an iron cobra.
Title: About Dale
Post by: mantra on September 17, 2003, 08:10:39 PM
Dale is the greatest drummer ever.
Title: Eh?
Post by: Dave on September 17, 2003, 10:09:52 PM
Quote from: mantraDale is the greatest drummer ever.


I thought I was the greatest drummer ever...
Title: About Dale
Post by: klump on September 18, 2003, 04:30:46 AM
theres an iron cobra ad with dale some place :)
Title: Re: Eh?
Post by: mantra on September 18, 2003, 09:31:10 AM
Quote from: Dave
Quote from: mantraDale is the greatest drummer ever.


I thought I was the greatest drummer ever...

Im sorry, but I havnt heard yet.  Mabey I can come down some time and jam with ya. :wink:
Title: Hubba Hubba
Post by: Dave on September 18, 2003, 03:11:51 PM
Quote from: mantraIm sorry, but I havnt heard yet.  Mabey I can come down some time and jam with ya. :wink:



I think you might be disappointed if you did that...   :cry:
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: GrimReaper on October 25, 2009, 06:30:07 AM
http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/artist/tama_interview.php?interview_id=52



(http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/artist/images/pic/Dale_Crover.jpg)


(http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/artist/images/set_image/Dale_Crover.gif)


http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/world/distributors/frame_ireland.html
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: PrickHonky on October 25, 2009, 09:35:03 AM
Quote from: mantra on September 17, 2003, 08:10:39 PM
Dale is the greatest drummer ever.

Dale is the new John Bonham
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Buick GN on October 25, 2009, 09:47:17 AM
Quote from: PrickHonky on October 25, 2009, 09:35:03 AM
Quote from: mantra on September 17, 2003, 08:10:39 PM
Dale is the greatest drummer ever.

Dale is the new John Bonham
Dale is Dale - top shelf, he stands alone, untouchable, numero uno, the g.o.a.t.
Title: Re: Eh?
Post by: glen on October 25, 2009, 07:05:58 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 17, 2003, 10:09:52 PM
Quote from: mantraDale is the greatest drummer ever.


I thought I was the greatest drummer ever...

you were wrong. crover trumps.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Uncle Fester on October 26, 2009, 04:02:20 AM
Dale Crover is my foster parent. true.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: killcatley on October 26, 2009, 12:37:04 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on October 26, 2009, 04:02:20 AM
Dale Crover is my fester parent. true.

Fixed
Title: Re: Eh?
Post by: rictus on October 26, 2009, 01:43:15 PM
Quote from: glen on October 25, 2009, 07:05:58 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 17, 2003, 10:09:52 PM
Quote from: mantraDale is the greatest drummer ever.


I thought I was the greatest drummer ever...

you were wrong. crover trumps.

I bet that was Dave Lombardo.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Uncle Fester on October 26, 2009, 02:12:01 PM
dale crover and donald trump are related.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Uncle Danny on October 26, 2009, 03:03:43 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on October 26, 2009, 02:12:01 PM
dale crover and donald trump are related.

You are a pathological liar and a douchebag, and I'm going to stop reading your posts.
Title: Re: Eh?
Post by: Like Stee on October 26, 2009, 07:00:10 PM
Quote from: rictus on October 26, 2009, 01:43:15 PM
Quote from: glen on October 25, 2009, 07:05:58 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 17, 2003, 10:09:52 PM
Quote from: mantraDale is the greatest drummer ever.


I thought I was the greatest drummer ever...

you were wrong. crover trumps.

I bet that was Dave Lombardo.

Or Grohl.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Like Stee on October 26, 2009, 07:02:27 PM
Quote from: PrickHonky on October 25, 2009, 09:35:03 AM
Quote from: mantra on September 17, 2003, 08:10:39 PM
Dale is the greatest drummer ever.

Dale is the new John Bonham
WRONG!

Any fool knows Dale is far better in every way.  He plays harder, longer, faster, slower, and doesn't die.  He's also more original.  He also sings and plays guitar.  And he could kick Bonham's ass.  All facts.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Uncle Danny on October 26, 2009, 07:25:23 PM
Quote from: Like Stee on October 26, 2009, 07:02:27 PM
Quote from: PrickHonky on October 25, 2009, 09:35:03 AM
Quote from: mantra on September 17, 2003, 08:10:39 PM
Dale is the greatest drummer ever.

Dale is the new John Bonham
WRONG!

Any fool knows Dale is far better in every way.  He plays harder, longer, faster, slower, and doesn't die.  He's also more original.  He also sings and plays guitar.  And he could kick Bonham's ass.  All facts.

I hear he also kilt hisself a grizzly bar with his bare ole hands at th' age uh four.  True story.  It's in the bible.









Just teasing, Stee :)
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: dead mike on October 26, 2009, 08:16:56 PM
Quote from: U4x Danny on October 26, 2009, 07:25:23 PM
Quote from: Like Stee on October 26, 2009, 07:02:27 PM
Quote from: PrickHonky on October 25, 2009, 09:35:03 AM
Quote from: mantra on September 17, 2003, 08:10:39 PM
Dale is the greatest drummer ever.

Dale is the new John Bonham
WRONG!

Any fool knows Dale is far better in every way.  He plays harder, longer, faster, slower, and doesn't die.  He's also more original.  He also sings and plays guitar.  And he could kick Bonham's ass.  All facts.

I hear he also kilt hisself a grizzly bar with his bare ole hands at th' age uh four.  True story.  It's in the bible.


Dale once drank a full glass of liquid LSD with his eggs. Then he slept for eight months straight. When he woke he rubbed his eyes and said, "All in all, I prefer gin."
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: anaconda on October 27, 2009, 01:11:13 AM
It takes approx. 330, 000 Dale Crovers stretched out end to end to reach around the Earth once
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Like Stee on October 27, 2009, 01:47:13 AM
Quote from: U4x Danny on October 26, 2009, 07:25:23 PM
I hear he also kilt hisself a grizzly bar with his bare ole hands at th' age uh four.  True story.  It's in the bible.

All true.

Dale Crover also wipes his ass every morning substituting Chuck Norris in place of toilet paper.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Buick GN on October 27, 2009, 03:11:06 AM
Quote from: Like Stee on October 27, 2009, 01:47:13 AM
Quote from: U4x Danny on October 26, 2009, 07:25:23 PM
I hear he also kilt hisself a grizzly bar with his bare ole hands at th' age uh four.  True story.  It's in the bible.

All true.

Dale Crover also wipes his ass every morning substituting Chuck Norris in place of toilet paper.
http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

:wink:
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: norecess on October 27, 2009, 03:52:58 AM
dale crover doesn't wear a watch, he counts instead.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Schnabster on October 27, 2009, 05:14:40 AM
Is Dale Crover the new Messiah?
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: (the) Razor on October 27, 2009, 06:56:13 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on October 27, 2009, 05:14:40 AM
Is Dale Crover the new Messiah?

Since 1991 when the song Cow was recorded.

Still waiting for the second coming. There have been some close ones though.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: glen on October 27, 2009, 07:30:14 AM
Quote from: U4x Danny on October 26, 2009, 03:03:43 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on October 26, 2009, 02:12:01 PM
dale crover and donald trump are related.

You are a pathological liar and a douchebag, and I'm going to stop reading your posts.

fixed  :)

and by the way... if you take the letters in the name DALE CROVER rearrange them, add a few, and use your imagination you can spell VELCRO VADER RAVE CORE ROVER LOVER.

:?  what the hell am I talking about?
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Uncle Fester on October 27, 2009, 12:11:12 PM
anagrams for dale crover.


king buzzo
nig kuzzob
gink zuzob
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Schnabster on October 27, 2009, 01:59:05 PM
Dale is the strongest drummer evva, in fact, he might very well be the strongest man in the world. Dale can lift very heavy objects.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Buick GN on October 27, 2009, 03:59:22 PM
Quote from: Schnabster on October 27, 2009, 01:59:05 PM
Dale is the strongest drummer evva, in fact, he might very well be the strongest man in the world. Dale can lift very heavy objects.
"God got the idea for thunder from hearing Dale Crover play the drums." - meanclown, 4.21.05
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: dead mike on October 27, 2009, 09:12:17 PM
Dale Crover scissor-kicked Angela Lansbury.

He date-raped David Bowie.



TO DALE CROVER!!!!
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Uncle Fester on October 29, 2009, 03:02:02 AM
dale crover beats his kids
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Schnabster on October 29, 2009, 05:01:57 AM
Is Dale more lovable than Buzz? Is Buzz bad cop and Dale good cop? Is Buzz "stranger! danger!" while Dale is the our caring and protectin father? Is both respected, but only
Dale loved?
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: dijk cheese on October 29, 2009, 05:08:34 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on October 29, 2009, 05:01:57 AM
Is Dale more lovable than Buzz? Is Buzz bad cop and Dale good cop? Is Buzz "stranger! danger!" while Dale is the our caring and protectin father? Is both respected, but only
Dale loved?

yes.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: (the) Razor on October 29, 2009, 06:04:21 AM
So if Dale was the fontman to Melvins would they have sold more records?
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Schnabster on October 29, 2009, 06:46:40 AM
Near Bergen (Norway) we even have a place called up after Melvins drummer, this place is of course called Dale:

(http://www.dalemannskor.no/minebilder/byggverk/dale%20sentr%20fabr001just600.jpg)

Placed close to Bergen as you can see:

(http://edge1.acceptterms.com/maps/47/hordaland.jpg)

Dale is also famous for their clothing-brand Dale, and especially for their jerseys:

(http://www.norge123.no/UserImages/Grupper/p69942/Dale-genser___selected.jpg)

But they have other stuff too, skiwear etc:

www.dale.no


Here you have the footballteam of Dale:

(http://www.vaksdal.kommune.no/kunde/bilder/Innhold_FK%20Dale_Vaksdal%20oppr%206%20div%20just%20700.JPG)


"Dal" means "Valley" in norwegian, hence the name "Dale", because it`s locked in by huge mountains. Kind of a claustrophobic place, cause you have no horizont, just mountaintops around.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: glen on October 29, 2009, 06:48:27 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on October 29, 2009, 06:46:40 AM


"Dale" means "Valley" in norwegian

"glen" means "valley" in celtic.

would you believe we are actually related?
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: norecess on October 29, 2009, 06:54:35 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on October 29, 2009, 06:46:40 AM
"Dale" means "Valley" in norwegian

in dutch it's 'dal'.

americans actually speak dutch:

yankees - jan-kees
dollar - daalder
cookie - koekje
brandy - brandewijn
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: glen on October 29, 2009, 06:57:15 AM
Quote from: norecess on October 29, 2009, 06:54:35 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on October 29, 2009, 06:46:40 AM
"Dale" means "Valley" in norwegian

in dutch it's 'dal'.

americans actually speak dutch:

yankees - jan-kees
dollar - daalder
cookie - koekje
brandy - brandewijn

correction:  americans speak dutch when they are severely inibriated.

"hey....  *hic*...  I'm fuked up on brandewijn,  *hic*  I'll give you a daalder for dat koekje."
:shock:
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: norecess on October 29, 2009, 07:07:07 AM
Quote from: glen on October 29, 2009, 06:57:15 AM
"hey....  *hic*...  I'm fuked up on brandewijn,  *hic*  I'll give you a daalder for dat koekje."

:)

did you improvize on 'dat' or did you use a translator?

i miss the old money, fucking euro's.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: (the) Razor on October 29, 2009, 07:12:37 AM
Shit, it makes it a heap easier for us tourists.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: stonerwitch on October 29, 2009, 09:50:57 AM
Seeing him on tour during his divorce was one of the best drumming events I ever seens.

Raw, Violent, Unforgettable.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: PrickHonky on October 29, 2009, 12:23:50 PM
Quote from: stonerwitch on October 29, 2009, 09:50:57 AM
Seeing him on tour during his divorce was one of the best drumming events I ever seens.

Raw, Violent, Unforgettable.

I like the fact that on the 2000 tour when they played 2 sets that Buzz referred to Dale as "the freshly divorced Mr. Dale Crover", makes me laugh every time I hear it and the audience cheers
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Juan on October 29, 2009, 03:27:56 PM
I have one of Dales gardening gloves which he threw into the crowd at the end of the last gig I caught. I also ripped the setlist out of some goon's hand......I got most of it and left him with about two songs worth seeing as I'm a nice guy.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: PrickHonky on October 29, 2009, 04:12:20 PM
I have a semi-broken Dale drumstick from one of the shows I saw in 2006. I asked his roadie to get it for me, and he told me that he had to ask Dale first if I could have it. When the roadie came back to give it to me, some other dude tried to snag it from me, but Dale's roadie told this guy "no, he asked for it, it is his."
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: glen on October 29, 2009, 05:59:28 PM
if smellis were hear he'd tell you about his personalized dale crover drum head.
a trophy indeed.

me? I got some sticks.  all chewed to shit.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: ManWithNoName on October 29, 2009, 06:07:41 PM
Me? I got nothing, just the memory of getting my ass kicked up against the railing. It was fucking amazing.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Idlehanz on October 29, 2009, 06:59:22 PM
Got myself some autographed gloves and a few polite waves.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: nothintothenotice on October 29, 2009, 07:25:46 PM
i got 3 or 4 sticks and a drum head signed by dale and cody, but i paid for that at a show.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Schnabster on October 30, 2009, 02:43:36 AM
You fanboyz!!
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: glen on October 30, 2009, 05:09:09 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on October 30, 2009, 02:43:36 AM
You fanboyz!!

jealousy does not become you.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: dijk cheese on October 30, 2009, 06:01:41 AM
gotta dale broken stick.
gotta coady broken stick at a different show on the same tour.
both happened to land at me when thrown out. meant to be.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Schnabster on October 30, 2009, 06:50:33 AM
Quote from: glen on October 30, 2009, 05:09:09 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on October 30, 2009, 02:43:36 AM
You fanboyz!!

jealousy does not become you.

I`m just pulling you guys legs!

Schnab has never been a collector (even when I was a little kid), and I would gladly give Dales underpants over to a more eager fan IF they were ever thrown out to the audience. I`m more than happy to just watch and listen to the masters, not so much a fan of gathering sweaty stuff, although if it`s from our drumgod Dale. And where should I put the drumsticks when leaving the concert? In the pants and up along my back?  :lol: And walk out like a zombie? The only thing that is in my hand during a concert is beer.

*Somehow I feel/fear I`m not coming out the way I would like with this, bear over with me if so*
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Ron Maiden on October 30, 2009, 09:57:50 PM
Schnabster. I can top it. I'm shocked this is the first time i mentioned this on here but a few cities aways is a city called Melvindale. Melvindale, MI.

We like to say "Melvindale : Home of the pregnant cheerleader."
(http://www.alumniclass.com/school_images/products/a/4664/tshirt_style2.jpg)
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Smellis on November 05, 2009, 01:54:44 PM
Quote from: glen on October 29, 2009, 05:59:28 PM
if smellis were hear he'd tell you about his personalized dale crover drum head.
a trophy indeed.

me? I got some sticks.  all chewed to shit.

Dale Crover is God's gift to all humanity.  The streets will run red with the blood of the non believers.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: Juan on November 06, 2009, 04:39:15 AM
Quote from: Smellis on November 05, 2009, 01:54:44 PM
Dale Crover is God's gift to all humanity. 


And Grandmaster Juan is punishment to humanity for the X-Factor.
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: glen on November 06, 2009, 07:45:57 AM
Quote from: Grandmaster Juan on November 06, 2009, 04:39:15 AM



And Grandmaster Juan is punishment to humanity for the X-Factor.

humanity.. this message board... whatever.
:D
Title: Re: About Dale
Post by: black stallion on August 15, 2010, 08:26:30 AM
Quote from: Smellis on November 05, 2009, 01:54:44 PM
Quote from: glen on October 29, 2009, 05:59:28 PM
if smellis were hear he'd tell you about his personalized dale crover drum head.
a trophy indeed.

me? I got some sticks.  all chewed to shit.

Dale Crover is God's gift to all humanity. 
interesting point