themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: klump on January 26, 2006, 05:56:59 PM

Title: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: klump on January 26, 2006, 05:56:59 PM
(http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/09/fc/ba_1.JPG)

here it is:

http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/09/fc/ba_1.JPG

and the seller is in fact Tom Hazelmyer himself (I suspect)
so this is the real deal chaps.

Test Pressing from upcoming Melvins Juxtapoz Art Show performance exclusive single. Okay here's the scoop. On March 24th and 25th the Melvins will be in Minneapolis playing at the JUXTAPOZ Magazine 2006 Group Show art Openings (find out more at www.ox-op.com). At those shows there's going to be an exclusive Melvins single available. It contains 2 actual unreleased ROCK songs. In order to raise $$ for the silk screened sleeves we're going to be making for this release, we decided to auction off several of the test pressings way before it actually hits the streets. To make sure everyone knows these are the REAL DEAL, King Buzzo posed for, and signed a Polaroid for each of the test pressings. A Side: PIGSKIN B Side: STARVE ALREADY

Pigskin is the Melvins. Starve Already has King Buzzo on guitar with Haze XXL and Grant Hart on Bass & Drums. Both songs are sung by King Buzzo and are over 2 minutes on each side.

The Polaroid you see here is the one included with your single. The picture of the single is to show how all the series will be packaged but this is a picture of test pressing #1 and you may be bidding on a different number of the pressing with a different Polaroid. Read that again and realize you will win the test pressing and picture with the number of this auction.

Anyone winning this auction agrees with the following terms: They will not digitize nor distribute the copyrighted material on these test pressings in any way shape or form!! This test pressing is for their own personal usage PERIOD. Happy bidding and good luck!
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: Duke of Prunes on January 26, 2006, 11:19:38 PM
Damn.

So, ah, who wants to buy me one of these at the show? 8)
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: anaconda on January 26, 2006, 11:25:14 PM
they did this before!!!!!! on the 2nd mark d tour they had test pressings for sale!
7" of Untitled / Marching Daisies, I'm not going crazy here. It was clearly written.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: klump on January 27, 2006, 02:18:32 AM
Quote from: anaconda on January 26, 2006, 11:25:14 PM
they did this before!!!!!! on the 2nd mark d tour they had test pressings for sale!
7" of Untitled / Marching Daisies, I'm not going crazy here. It was clearly written.

who has this??????
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: norecess on January 27, 2006, 04:40:59 AM
Quote from: klump on January 26, 2006, 05:56:59 PM
Starve Already has King Buzzo on guitar with Haze XXL and Grant Hart on Bass & Drums.

Holy shit.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: the crybaby on January 27, 2006, 05:20:13 AM
7" of Untitled / Marching Daisies

what
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: Green Honey on January 27, 2006, 05:52:55 AM
Quote from: anaconda on January 26, 2006, 11:25:14 PM
they did this before!!!!!! on the 2nd mark d tour they had test pressings for sale!
7" of Untitled / Marching Daisies, I'm not going crazy here. It was clearly written.
http://www.themelvins.net/discography/singles/barbaraal/index.html - do you mean this?
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: anaconda on January 27, 2006, 07:34:50 AM
I saw it at the merch table at one of the shows with Mark D mid-90s.
I even picked it up and looked at it, but at the time I stupidly didn't buy it!!
I think it may have been from the pre-Stag sessions, or was a working title
for one of the songs that made it onto Stag. I've never seen it or read
about it anywhere since.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on January 27, 2006, 06:31:21 PM
I willing to bet two pieces of lint that Green Honey is correct.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: klump on January 28, 2006, 02:34:24 PM
Quote from: KURDTLUVUR! on January 27, 2006, 06:31:21 PM
I willing to bet two pieces of lint that Green Honey is correct.

yeah, marching daisys seems like a good working title for june bug.
a spanking good instrumental I might add.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: anaconda on January 28, 2006, 02:37:44 PM
Hmmm, maybe. Good point but what I saw didnt have a comicbook with it.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: Joe Deutrom on January 28, 2006, 09:22:27 PM
Who is Haze XXL?
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: anaconda on January 28, 2006, 09:51:38 PM
That's Tom Hazelmyer's groovy street approved graffiti tagger name
he's the founder of Amphetamine Reptile. Home on occasion to the Melvins
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on January 28, 2006, 11:59:13 PM
$150 and rising  :shock:
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: klump on January 29, 2006, 06:26:12 AM
Quote from: KURDTLUVUR! on January 28, 2006, 11:59:13 PM
$150 and rising
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: Chomas on January 29, 2006, 11:56:38 AM
I'm surprised its going for that much, I saw a test pressing for Bullhead on ebay not too long ago (not autographed though), and I thought it went for way cheaper...  That seems like a hell of a lot to pay for this new single, but its certainly a unique item.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: klump on January 29, 2006, 07:01:25 PM
Quote from: change&suffocation on January 29, 2006, 11:56:38 AM
I'm surprised its going for that much, I saw a test pressing for Bullhead on ebay not too long ago (not autographed though), and I thought it went for way cheaper...
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on January 29, 2006, 08:07:27 PM
Quote from: klump on January 29, 2006, 07:01:25 PM
Quote from: change&suffocation on January 29, 2006, 11:56:38 AM
I'm surprised its going for that much, I saw a test pressing for Bullhead on ebay not too long ago (not autographed though), and I thought it went for way cheaper...  That seems like a hell of a lot to pay for this new single, but its certainly a unique item.

yeah, and that polaroid is funny.
a real colleictors item...
Id buy it if I wasnt trying to make a record myself.
Just print it out and pretend it's a polaroid and you paid big bucks for it!  :P
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on January 31, 2006, 01:10:16 PM
$170.00 with roughly two days to go!  :shock:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MELVINS-test-pressing-for-unreleased-single-1_W0QQitemZ4825993047QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on February 01, 2006, 02:09:38 PM
ONE DAY TO GO!!!
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on February 02, 2006, 03:59:58 PM
Bidding ends tonight at 9 o clock pm pacific time!  :shock:
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: Lunica on February 02, 2006, 04:16:21 PM
i'll print it and make a fake one to give to klump :) and pretend i paid big $$$ for it!!
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: mumu on February 02, 2006, 11:08:22 PM
$284.00!!!  :shock: Final bid!  For 2 singles I'd bet Beto could fly over and see the melvins.  :o
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: Chomas on February 04, 2006, 12:04:07 PM
they have #2 up now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MELVINS-test-pressing-for-unreleased-single-2_W0QQitemZ4830816433QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on February 27, 2006, 10:31:39 PM
THE LAST ONE IS NOW UP FOR SALE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/MELVINS-test-pressing-for-UNRELEASED-single-5-LAST-ONE_W0QQitemZ4841820341QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: klump on February 28, 2006, 04:12:23 AM
yeah...and the same morons bid the thing up skyhigh the first day..... :( :x
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on February 28, 2006, 04:20:16 AM
Quote from: klump on February 28, 2006, 04:12:23 AM
yeah...and the same morons bid the thing up skyhigh the first day..... :( :x
Wow, I just checked- the first day it's over $100 already!  :shock:
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: klump on February 28, 2006, 04:23:49 AM
Quote from: KURDTLUVUR! on February 28, 2006, 04:20:16 AM
Quote from: klump on February 28, 2006, 04:12:23 AM
yeah...and the same morons bid the thing up skyhigh the first day..... :( :x
Wow, I just checked- the first day it's over $100 already!
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on February 28, 2006, 12:13:07 PM
I'm hoping the high bids on the test pressings are going to knock down the price of the actual singles a bit.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: anaconda on February 28, 2006, 01:28:01 PM
AU CONTRAIRE! I believe seeing such crazy demand for them may increase said price.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: mopafeena on February 28, 2006, 08:59:28 PM
Quote from: anaconda on February 28, 2006, 01:28:01 PM
AU CONTRAIRE! I believe seeing such crazy demand for them may increase said price.

I agree.  :(
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: klump on March 01, 2006, 04:24:31 AM
Quote from: mopafeena on February 28, 2006, 08:59:28 PM
Quote from: anaconda on February 28, 2006, 01:28:01 PM
AU CONTRAIRE! I believe seeing such crazy demand for them may increase said price.

I agree.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: mopafeena on March 01, 2006, 05:48:51 AM
Quote from: klump on March 01, 2006, 04:24:31 AM
Quote from: mopafeena on February 28, 2006, 08:59:28 PM
Quote from: anaconda on February 28, 2006, 01:28:01 PM
AU CONTRAIRE! I believe seeing such crazy demand for them may increase said price.

I agree.
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: Chomas on March 01, 2006, 07:48:09 AM
from HAZE XXL himself:

I asked him about the Grumpys show ->

"Show is set, tickets bought for band etc. March 24th at Soovac Gallery -March 25th at Grumpy's/Ox-Op
Singles are sitting here and waiting for sleeves.
We don't have presale tickets in hand but they're being made."

then he posted about the new split single ->

"OKay - here's the scoop for now on Melvins "PIGSKIN" 7".....
2 different sleeves (one for each night of the event).
There will be a 1000 pressed. 500 clear vinyl / 500 black.
Just to be a bastard - probably get only the black ones signed by the band and sell those on the website.
The exact numbers of what will be sold show nights, what will be available via AmRep site, and what the band is getting has yet to be determined.
That's what I have for now info wise."
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on March 01, 2006, 09:36:25 AM
Very cool Change&Suffoc.- I salute you-- Thanks for the information
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: ben9785 on March 02, 2006, 04:49:55 PM
Quote from: change&suffocation on March 01, 2006, 07:48:09 AM
from HAZE XXL himself:

I asked him about the Grumpys show ->

"Show is set, tickets bought for band etc. March 24th at Soovac Gallery -March 25th at Grumpy's/Ox-Op
Singles are sitting here and waiting for sleeves.
We don't have presale tickets in hand but they're being made."

then he posted about the new split single ->

"OKay - here's the scoop for now on Melvins "PIGSKIN" 7".....
2 different sleeves (one for each night of the event).
There will be a 1000 pressed. 500 clear vinyl / 500 black.
Just to be a bastard - probably get only the black ones signed by the band and sell those on the website.
The exact numbers of what will be sold show nights, what will be available via AmRep site, and what the band is getting has yet to be determined.
That's what I have for now info wise."


Can someone just clarify, what website would these be sold on please? I was just a bit confused..

those test pressings look nice too...but so fuckin expensive :(
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: KURDTLUVUR! on March 02, 2006, 04:55:13 PM
I'm going to tell Anaconda to bid %500.  that should get him a seven inch!  :P
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: Chomas on March 02, 2006, 04:56:10 PM
"Can someone just clarify, what website would these be sold on please? I was just a bit confused.."

no


you can find it if you try...
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: ben9785 on March 02, 2006, 05:01:36 PM
Quote from: change&suffocation on March 02, 2006, 04:56:10 PM
"Can someone just clarify, what website would these be sold on please? I was just a bit confused.."

no


you can find it if you try...

no i mean like i wasnt sure which record label it was putting it through..because it mentions haze xxl but i figured that might have been the promoter of the concert or something..and then it mentions amrep...but thats only in regards to how much is going to be sold at the shows..


oh no wait..i read it wrong...i suppose it is amrep then...sorry
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: Chomas on March 02, 2006, 06:40:38 PM
no sorry I was just being a dick, yeah its the Amrep site that will have them...
Title: Re: The Melvins features HAZE XXL single test pressing
Post by: ben9785 on March 02, 2006, 06:41:59 PM
Quote from: change&suffocation on March 02, 2006, 06:40:38 PM
no sorry I was just being a dick, yeah its the Amrep site that will have them...

thanks for clearing it up..its ok..nice to have a bit of fun eh