Date City, ST Venue
Wed 07/16/08 Santa Barbara, CA Velvet Jones
Fri 07/18/08 San Francisco, CA Slim's
Sat 07/19/08 Reno, NV The Underground
Mon 07/21/08 Modesto, CA The Fat Cat Music House And Lounge
Sat 07/26/08 Seattle, WA Showbox At The Market
Tue 07/29/08 Teton Village, WY Mangy Moose
Sun 08/03/08 Madison, WI High Noon Saloon
Mon 08/04/08 Chicago, IL Double Door
Wed 08/06/08 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop
Where, O' where did ye find these?
And who could miss a show at the Mangy Moose?
Paul you're my hero!! I'm all over the High Noon Saloon date, that venue is great!
Quote from: PAUL on May 28, 2008, 08:48:09 PM
Paul you're my hero!! I'm all over the High Noon Saloon date, that venue is great!
yeah, I'm thinking thats going to be the one for me too.
Modesto.
WTF?
(I see nothing on Slim's or The Fat Cat sites...yet.)
Thank you Dranas.
Still no Australian date. :(
Quote from: TGH on May 29, 2008, 12:24:06 AM
Quote from: Dranas on May 28, 2008, 07:33:32 PM
Wed 08/06/08 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop
Yay.
I'll most likely be there.
and I'll go out on a limb and say detroit on the 5th. geographically and chronologically speaking.
I'm so excited about the European dates. I can hardly wait anymore!!
By the way where did you find these, Dranas? I can't find anything...
Well I can tell you the Madison date is official. I checked the venue's website and the show was there. $15. The only opener listed was Big Business, but that's all you need really.
i can see myself heading to cleveland, barring a buffalo date. i've learned not expect anything in toronto, but who knows. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote from: bathroom creep on May 29, 2008, 10:26:43 AM
I'm so excited about the European dates. I can hardly wait anymore!!
By the way where did you find these, Dranas? I can't find anything...
The Cleveland one is official, too. It's also $15.
where's the minneapolis date??
I found the dates on www.Pollstar.com
Word
You can add this to the list:
Sat, 08/09/08 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club
Waiting on the edge of my chair for the rest of the dates. There has to be more.
Quote from: Dranas on May 28, 2008, 07:33:32 PM
Mon 08/04/08 Chicago, IL Double Door
This date is definitely official. I saw the poster for it last night at the Double Door.
Quote from: glen on May 29, 2008, 06:50:31 AM
Quote from: TGH on May 29, 2008, 12:24:06 AM
Quote from: Dranas on May 28, 2008, 07:33:32 PM
Wed 08/06/08 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop
Yay.
I'll most likely be there.
and I'll go out on a limb and say detroit on the 5th. geographically and chronologically speaking.
Glenter the Dragon,
if there is no Detroit show could I possibly hitch a ride with you to beautiful Cleavland Heights?
But Armo you hate Ohio! :o
Come on, Buffalo [-o< Would love it if they returned to the Showplace Theater or maybe Club Infinity.Will have to go to the Grog Shop if they don't make it to WNY. Last time I was at the Grog was the POTRE tour, and then Mike Watt about a month later. Zappa Plays Zappa is on 8-7 (free) in Buffalo. That show ends at 10:00. I would shit a brick if the Melvins were to play in town the same night. :shock:
Quote from: PAUL on May 30, 2008, 05:24:53 PM
But Armo you hate Ohio! :o
i cant stand Ohio.
but i missed them last tour.
I shall make an appearence at the Double door show as well!
Quote from: armofinfant on May 30, 2008, 11:16:09 PM
Quote from: PAUL on May 30, 2008, 05:24:53 PM
But Armo you hate Ohio! :o
i cant stand Ohio.
but i missed them last tour.
Do you plan on bringing :toke: to Ohio?
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 31, 2008, 12:32:32 AM
Quote from: armofinfant on May 30, 2008, 11:16:09 PM
Quote from: PAUL on May 30, 2008, 05:24:53 PM
But Armo you hate Ohio! :o
i cant stand Ohio.
but i missed them last tour.
Do you plan on bringing :toke: to Ohio?
why do you care aren't you in l0ng beach or some shit?
if i brought anything smokable to Ohio it would only be a step up for them.
ive always said Ohio: the armpit of the earth.
Quote from: armofinfant on May 31, 2008, 08:07:35 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 31, 2008, 12:32:32 AM
Quote from: armofinfant on May 30, 2008, 11:16:09 PM
Quote from: PAUL on May 30, 2008, 05:24:53 PM
But Armo you hate Ohio! :o
i cant stand Ohio.
but i missed them last tour.
Do you plan on bringing :toke: to Ohio?
why do you care aren't you in l0ng beach or some shit?
if i brought anything smokable to Ohio it would only be a step up for them.
ive always said Ohio: the armpit of the earth.
You have no idea. :( We have Cedar Point, which is fun, but you can't go there, because it's either snowing or raining. Everything else is horrible.
there is a detroit date on the 5th.
just don't know the venue yet.
magic stick most likely.
Last.fm says there is already an Italian date in September.
http://www.last.fm/event/641346
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 01, 2008, 05:26:32 PM
Last.fm says there is already an Italian date in September.
http://www.last.fm/event/641346
On my birthday! :D
Cool to know they'll be in Europe around that time.
when do tickets go on sale for the showbox show?? And what the hell is the showbox at the market? is that the showbox sodo?
WORD
Come to Louisville, KY.,Melvins please? Make it a Friday as well. It's been a six years since you played here.
Quote from: grays harbor mafia on June 01, 2008, 06:11:24 PM
when do tickets go on sale for the showbox show?? And what the hell is the showbox at the market? is that the showbox sodo?
WORD
That's the one they always play at on Pike Street!!
Chunklet.com confirmed Aug. 17 and 18 The Drunken Unicorn and The 40 Watt Club. WOO!!! Two shows for me in two days. Same guys, too.
Quote from: Smellis on June 01, 2008, 07:15:43 PM
Quote from: grays harbor mafia on June 01, 2008, 06:11:24 PM
when do tickets go on sale for the showbox show?? And what the hell is the showbox at the market? is that the showbox sodo?
WORD
That's the one they always play at on Pike Street!!
There is 2 different showbox's i just checked out their website. and answered my own question.. lol
Quote from: Jaron on June 01, 2008, 08:33:55 PM
Chunklet.com confirmed Aug. 17 and 18 The Drunken Unicorn and The 40 Watt Club. WOO!!! Two shows for me in two days. Same guys, too.
FUCK YEA! :D
catscradle.com confirms Melvins August 16 in Chapel Hill, NC....Indeed!!!!
The Detroit date is 08/05 at Small's Bar. This is the same place they played last time. Tickets available at smallsbardetroit.com.
Quote from: deadwalker on June 02, 2008, 03:12:47 PM
The Detroit date is 08/05 at Small's Bar. This is the same place they played last time. Tickets available at smallsbardetroit.com.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D
The July 21st show in Modesto, CA. is now on the Fat Cat's calendar. :D
http://www.fatcatmodesto.com/
Quote from: deadwalker on June 02, 2008, 03:12:47 PM
The Detroit date is 08/05 at Small's Bar. This is the same place they played last time. Tickets available at smallsbardetroit.com.
its called smalls for a reason. my garage is bigger than the band room.
which is good.
oh and thanx for the tip. ticket purchased. :D :D :D
Ipecac posted some dates.
http://www.ipecac.com/
http://www.ipecac.com/calendar.php
QuoteOk, yo! It is on, once again. With the release next month of the Melvins new record "Nude With Boots" comes word of the beginning of another Melvins/Big Business world tour! We have posted the first of the dates we have received. We have been told that more US dates will be added as well as European and Brazilian dates, stay tuned. Show up nude with only your boots on to get special VIP treatment!
They said Brazilian dates, maybe they'll even come to Australia this year.. everything is possible
Cross your fingers for Beto.
Looks like I will have to find out at my new job if I'm allowed to take a day off with pay to drive down to Buffalo. Good thing its only like 1.5 hour. Hopefully not taking forever at the border.
Quote from: glen on June 01, 2008, 05:12:36 PM
there is a detroit date on the 5th.
just don't know the venue yet.
magic stick most likely.
looks like we're fighting' on the 5th then.
fuck Ohio. I don't need you.
Yes, Buffalo :o. The Town Ballroom is a great venue, this fucking rules. FYI, everyone who's heading to the Buffalo show - Zappa Plays Zappa is playing for free, Thursday At The Square the same day. That starts at around 6:00 and ends at 10:00. It's only a few blocks away. This is going to be monumental. :shock: As soon as ZPZ's done, I'll literally run over to the Ballroom.
hot chicken! off to bufffalo i'll go!
Quote from: Dudbean on June 03, 2008, 05:37:57 PM
Good Goddamn, that's one hell of a night! I can't wait to see both those bands again.
By the way, Chief, what's with all the complete fucking knobs at the Zappa forum? That is easily the worst forum I have ever read. I go there trying to find some information and end up reading NOTHING but arguments between anal retentive, 45-year-old virgins. There are dorks and then there are those guys. You're literally the only normal person on the entire board, as far as I can tell. Fuck, do I hate Zappa fans.
[/quote]
I don't know :?. There are a bunch of real retards there. Trendmonger is real piece of work. I tend to agree with his points, but he just rambles on and on.... The best one lately is Tyrone Biggums, seriously. He cracks me up. The problem is there are two sides lately. The normal fans, and then the ones who piss and moan about Gail & how the ZFT operates. I normally don't like forum censorship, but that place could use some heavy moderation.
About the Buffalo show, I wonder if they'll put Dweezil & crew on the guest list. That would be bad-ass to see him there. I know I'll be on the lookout to see if Buzz, Dale, Coady, Jared or Moss are wandering through the ZPZ crowd.
anyone else from Seattle going to the show? we should meet up for a few beers before the show, have a Melvins BBS pre-funk.
Quote from: rhett E rock on June 03, 2008, 08:10:06 PM
anyone else from Seattle going to the show? we should meet up for a few beers before the show, have a Melvins BBS pre-funk.
I'm betting that besides me........ Grim, Dud, GHM, Smellis, Bad Ronald, Aaron, Duster, and Spunk?
I may or may not get to meet up.....depends on what time I get into town.
YUP and I am likewise going to be getting there just in time as I don't get off work until 6:00 unless I can get someone to work my last couple hours.
love ya man, great new avatar pic. you took that one didn't you :o
Yes I did!! Hell's Kitchen Tacoma. The show where they sold the paper weights. The place was so small we BS'd with Buzz, Dale and Jared out in the alley after the show as they packed up their shit in the rental truck. Now that's a sweet venue, they had no place to hide ha ha! :lol:
HEY BETO! Read this:
Ok, yo!
It is on, once again. With the release next month of the Melvins new record "Nude With Boots" comes word of the beginning of another Melvins/Big Business world tour! We have posted the first of the dates we have received. We have been told that more US dates will be added as well as European and Brazilian dates, stay tuned. Show up nude with only your boots on to get special VIP treatment!
From Ipecac's website.
Thank's great news for Beto.
I wonder what cities Melvins will hit? Rio? Salvador Bahia? S. Paulo?
That is really cool. Hopefully somewhere close enough for him to get there. Then again, I bet Beto would walk on bloody stumps to get to a Melvins show in Brazil.
Quote from: Smellis on June 03, 2008, 10:26:40 PM
Yes I did!! Hell's Kitchen Tacoma. The show where they sold the paper weights. The place was so small we BS'd with Buzz, Dale and Jared out in the alley after the show as they packed up their shit in the rental truck. Now that's a sweet venue, they had no place to hide ha ha! :lol:
paper weights? i didn't see any of them. just some guy selling overpriced autographed Melvins stuff. which show were you at? i was at athe latter one?
Melvins
Date Location Venue
Jun. 16, 2008 San Francisco, CA Great American Music Hall
w/ Jello Biafra's 50th Birthday Party
Jun. 17, 2008 San Francisco, CA Great American Music Hall
w/ Jello Biafra's 50th Birthday Party
Jul. 16, 2008 Santa Barbara, CA Velvet Jones
w/ Big Business
Jul. 17, 2008 Sacramento, CA The Boardwalk
w/ Big Business
Jul. 18, 2008 San Francisco, CA Slim's
w/ Big Business
Jul. 19, 2008 Reno, NV Club Underground
w/ Big Business
Jul. 21, 2008 Modesto, CA Fat Cat
w/ Big Business
Jul. 26, 2008 Seattle, WA Showbox at the Market
Jul. 29, 2008 Teton Village, WY Mangy Moose
w/ Big Business
Jul. 31, 2008 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre
w/ Big Business
Aug. 3, 2008 Madison, WI High Noon Saloon
w/ Big Business
Aug. 4, 2008 Chicago, IL Double Door
w/ Big Business
Aug. 5, 2008 Detroit, MI Small's
w/ Big Business
Aug. 6, 2008 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop
w/ Big Business
Aug. 7, 2008 Buffalo, NY Town Ballroom
w/ Big Business
Aug. 9, 2008 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club
w/ Big Business
Aug. 10, 2008 Northampton, MA Pearl Street
w/ Big Business
Aug. 12, 2008 New Haven, CT Toad's Place
w/ Big Business
Aug. 13, 2008 Brooklyn, NY Music Hall of Williamsburg
w/ Big Business
Aug. 14, 2008 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom
w/ Big Business
Aug. 15, 2008 Baltimore, MD Ottobar
w/ Big Business
Aug. 16, 2008 Carrboro, NC Cat's Cradle
w/ Big Business
Aug. 17, 2008 Atlanta, GA The Drunken Unicorn
w/ Big Business
Aug. 18, 2008 Athens, GA 40 Watt Club
w/ Big Business
Aug. 20, 2008 New Orleans, LA One Eyed Jacks
w/ Big Business
dammit, they better come back to nashville!
Those can't be all the dates.
Just can't be.
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 04, 2008, 08:42:19 AM
Those can't be all the dates.
Just can't be.
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 03, 2008, 03:47:16 PMWe have been told that more US dates will be added as well as European and Brazilian dates, stay tuned.
I can't wait to finally see the European dates.
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 04, 2008, 09:33:43 AM
I can't wait to finally see the European dates.
Same here! I'm planning to attend all Dutch shows they're playing. According to Last.fm there's one Italian date already in September, right? That's soon already! And of course I got the ATP thingy coming up, but I'll shut up about that.
Exciting!
Quote from: norecess on June 04, 2008, 09:51:10 AM
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 04, 2008, 09:33:43 AM
I can't wait to finally see the European dates.
Same here! I'm planning to attend all Dutch shows they're playing. According to Last.fm there's one Italian date already in September, right? That's soon already! And of course I got the ATP thingy coming up, but I'll shut up about that.
Exciting!
:shock:
Yeah stallion, you heard correctly. :)
September 9, 2008 - Estragon, Bologna. At least that's what last fm says.
http://www.last.fm/event/641346
there's more to come. texas, ark, ariz, fucking tennessee!
Quote from: FART LIPS on June 03, 2008, 11:00:32 PM
dammit, they better come back to nashville!
You considering ATL if they dont make it to Nashville?
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 04, 2008, 10:02:08 AM
Yeah stallion, you heard correctly. :)
September 9, 2008 - Estragon, Bologna. At least that's what last fm says.
http://www.last.fm/event/641346
:D they played in that venue yet,during the kevin era,2001.
during the last Melvins' tour, in Italy there have been a lot of polemics cuz 4 show were already fixed (one of this was Melvins+Shellac in Livorno) and then cancelled few days before of the show ](*,).I already had bought the ticket,so I called and they refunded me.
then i sent a message to big business and coady excused saying there had been organizational problems.
Quote from: irezumi on June 04, 2008, 10:14:12 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on June 03, 2008, 11:00:32 PM
dammit, they better come back to nashville!
You considering ATL if they dont make it to Nashville?
i might. i had some serious controversy here and melvins are not a priority anymore. :(
Quote from: FART LIPS on June 04, 2008, 11:34:21 AM
i had some serious controversy here and melvins are not a priority anymore. :(
what the hell you say?!?!?!
wow farty, I thought I had a disaster of a life. sounds like you rival even the great glennifer for disfunctionality. :)
we should talk.
but let me make one thing perfectly clear. there are very, very few things that I would prioritize over MELVINS. very few things.
Quote from: FART LIPS on June 04, 2008, 11:34:21 AM
i might. i had some serious controversy here and melvins are not a priority anymore. :(
I'm sorry to hear that, Fart.
Quote from: glen on June 04, 2008, 12:26:21 PM
but let me make one thing perfectly clear. there are very, very few things that I would prioritize over MELVINS. very few things.
But that's because most of the time those other things can wait, a show can't :D
By the way, no Porn and/or Altamont this time? Just Big Business and Melvins, that almost seems a bit short after the whole circus we got used to. Or maybe Big Business can put on a longer set. I'd love to see them headlining their own tour one day.
I still need to see Altamont, they've never played in Europe. Maybe at ATP. Toshi didn't know yet if he was going to ATP. At the moment he's busy with the recordings of the new Big Business album. And all this time I was thinking he was now an 'official' member of the band! Oh well, I'm pretty sure he'll be there eventually.
Quote from: Greasy Statement on June 03, 2008, 07:13:42 PM
hot chicken! off to bufffalo i'll go!
I haven't worked anything out yet but maybe a car pool thing down or something. Since we don't live that far apart. I'm planning on attending this show just hope work gives me the time off.
Quote from: norecess on June 04, 2008, 09:51:10 AM
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 04, 2008, 09:33:43 AM
I can't wait to finally see the European dates.
Same here! I'm planning to attend all Dutch shows they're playing. According to Last.fm there's one Italian date already in September, right? That's soon already! And of course I got the ATP thingy coming up, but I'll shut up about that.
Exciting!
Wow, sounds like a plan. I don't think I could manage that, but if they don't come to my town (which would be a bummer)
I'll have to travel to some other city anyway, and MAYBE I'll even make it to another close city then. That obviously depends on what cities they play, or whether they play here at all, so I need to see these dates now!
So no Big Biz opening the Seattle show? Hey wha happened?
I'll be at the first 4 shows if everything goes as planned.
Nothing is planned, except making it to the shows.
So i checked out the showbox venue and the show wasn't even listed!?!?!? and ticketbastard doesn't have the show listed either.... anybody get their tickets already?
Quote from: grays harbor mafia on June 05, 2008, 01:12:56 AM
So i checked out the showbox venue and the show wasn't even listed!?!?!? and ticketbastard doesn't have the show listed either.... anybody get their tickets already?
No. Nothing listed, nothing for sale yet.
Different venues have different policies I guess. You know they will be there. Just be patient.
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 03, 2008, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: rhett E rock on June 03, 2008, 08:10:06 PM
anyone else from Seattle going to the show? we should meet up for a few beers before the show, have a Melvins BBS pre-funk.
I'm betting that besides me........ Grim, Dud, GHM, Smellis, Bad Ronald, Aaron, Duster, and Spunk?
I may or may not get to meet up.....depends on what time I get into town.
i will be there... sign me up for a little pre-funk!!!!!
Whats Modesto california like??? i was thinking about going to that show, or another california show... Any suggestions as to what california show i should check out??
who here is fairly familar with downtown cleveland? TGH? anybody?
look me up. I want to pick your brain a little.
Quote from: glen on June 05, 2008, 07:58:28 AM
who here is fairly familar with downtown cleveland? TGH? anybody?
look me up. I want to pick your brain a little.
I sort of know some major hot spots in cleveland. I've only really been to the Grog Shop and the Rock Hall, places like that.
Quote from: TGH on June 05, 2008, 10:36:30 AM
Quote from: glen on June 05, 2008, 07:58:28 AM
who here is fairly familar with downtown cleveland? TGH? anybody?
look me up. I want to pick your brain a little.
I sort of know some major hot spots in cleveland. I've only really been to the Grog Shop and the Rock Hall, places like that.
check your PM's! :)
QuoteWhats Modesto california like??? i was thinking about going to that show, or another california show... Any suggestions as to what california show i should check out??
If you want to go see a show in Cali, San Francisco is 1A, LA is 1B. Modesto is an armpit.
Quote from: glen on June 05, 2008, 07:58:28 AM
who here is fairly familar with downtown cleveland? TGH? anybody?
look me up. I want to pick your brain a little.
You should go to the Great Lakes Brewing Company. That's only 2.5 miles away. My buddy works there and could give you the hookup on some beers if you planned on staying the night and whooping it up a bit. They have some great tasting beer.
Quote from: grays harbor mafia on June 05, 2008, 02:20:12 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 03, 2008, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: rhett E rock on June 03, 2008, 08:10:06 PM
anyone else from Seattle going to the show? we should meet up for a few beers before the show, have a Melvins BBS pre-funk.
I'm betting that besides me........ Grim, Dud, GHM, Smellis, Bad Ronald, Aaron, Duster, and Spunk?
I may or may not get to meet up.....depends on what time I get into town.
i will be there... sign me up for a little pre-funk!!!!!
FUCK YEAH! wonder where we should meet? maybe the Whiskey? Grim, Smellis and all the rest, you down?
Whats Modesto california like??? i was thinking about going to that show, or another california show... Any suggestions as to what california show i should check out??
Ticketmaster says that the Melvins will be playing with Secret Chiefs3 for the Denver date. :shock:
*EDIT* - Nevermind, SC3 were playing the same night, but it was cancelled. :(
Quote from: Jozz on June 05, 2008, 02:57:09 PM
Quote from: glen on June 05, 2008, 07:58:28 AM
who here is fairly familar with downtown cleveland? TGH? anybody?
look me up. I want to pick your brain a little.
You should go to the Great Lakes Brewing Company. That's only 2.5 miles away. My buddy works there and could give you the hookup on some beers if you planned on staying the night and whooping it up a bit. They have some great tasting beer.
Indeed. Dortmunder Gold is amazing stuff.
Quote from: spunkmonkey on June 05, 2008, 02:23:31 PM
QuoteWhats Modesto california like??? i was thinking about going to that show, or another california show... Any suggestions as to what california show i should check out??
If you want to go see a show in Cali, San Francisco is 1A, LA is 1B. Modesto is an armpit.
Sweet.... I cant think of a better town to see a melvins show in than an Armpit!!!!!!!!!! Sign me up!!!!
Quote from: Jozz on June 05, 2008, 02:57:09 PM
Quote from: glen on June 05, 2008, 07:58:28 AM
who here is fairly familar with downtown cleveland? TGH? anybody?
look me up. I want to pick your brain a little.
You should go to the Great Lakes Brewing Company. That's only 2.5 miles away. My buddy works there and could give you the hookup on some beers if you planned on staying the night and whooping it up a bit. They have some great tasting beer.
There was an article in a Toronto newspaper about Great Lakes and how they are brewing some beers winning awards worldwide. Haven't tried any myself as they are fairly pricey here. Usually a sign of quality but not always.
Quote from: bigjim on June 06, 2008, 01:35:44 PM
Quote from: Jozz on June 05, 2008, 02:57:09 PM
Quote from: glen on June 05, 2008, 07:58:28 AM
who here is fairly familar with downtown cleveland? TGH? anybody?
look me up. I want to pick your brain a little.
You should go to the Great Lakes Brewing Company. That's only 2.5 miles away. My buddy works there and could give you the hookup on some beers if you planned on staying the night and whooping it up a bit. They have some great tasting beer.
There was an article in a Toronto newspaper about Great Lakes and how they are brewing some beers winning awards worldwide. Haven't tried any myself as they are fairly pricey here. Usually a sign of quality but not always.
I am a bit of a beer snob and I completely recommend that company(not that my opinion means much to anyone :lol:) The ones that I would recommend are Conways Irish Ale, Blackout Stout(three twelve ounce beers will get you feeling real nice..REAL strong), Eliot Ness(my favorite) and Dortmunder Gold. The only beer they make that I am not a fan of is the Burning River. Aside from that, you really can't go wrong with any of their beers.
Quote from: grays harbor mafia on June 06, 2008, 03:30:04 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on June 05, 2008, 02:23:31 PM
QuoteWhats Modesto california like??? i was thinking about going to that show, or another california show... Any suggestions as to what california show i should check out??
If you want to go see a show in Cali, San Francisco is 1A, LA is 1B. Modesto is an armpit.
Sweet.... I cant think of a better town to see a melvins show in than an Armpit!!!!!!!!!! Sign me up!!!!
(http://www.sexcyclopedia.com/michelle-rodriguez-lick-arm.jpg)
Just booked my plane ticket for the Denver show! :D
Quote from: grays harbor mafia on June 06, 2008, 03:30:04 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on June 05, 2008, 02:23:31 PM
QuoteWhats Modesto california like??? i was thinking about going to that show, or another california show... Any suggestions as to what california show i should check out??
If you want to go see a show in Cali, San Francisco is 1A, LA is 1B. Modesto is an armpit.
Sweet.... I cant think of a better town to see a melvins show in than an Armpit!!!!!!!!!! Sign me up!!!!
I live about 1hour 45mins. from Modesto, just wondering why they chose that location. I heard 1 in 5 houses are meth labs, but cannot confirm sources.
LOL!!!!!! nice.....sounds like that concert could be VERY interesting!
15- Amoeba in store Los Angeles
16-Santa Barbara, Velvet Jones
17-Sacramento, The Boardwalk
18-San Francisco, Slims
19-Reno NV, Club Underground
20-off
21-Modesto CA, Fat Cat
26-Seattle WA, The Showbox
29-Teton Village WY, Mangy Moose
31-Denver CO, Ogden Theatre
August
3-Madison WI, High Noon Saloon
4-Chicago IL, Double Door
5-Detroit MI, Smalls
6-Cleveland OH, Grog Shop
7-Buffalo NY, Town Ballroom
9-Boston MA, Paradise Rock Club
10-North Hampton MA, Pearl Street
12-New Haven CT, Toads Place
13-Brooklyn NY, Music Hall of Williamsburg
14-New York NY, Bowery Ballroom
15-Baltimore MD, Ottobar
16-Carrboro NC, Cat's Cradle
17-Atlanta GA, The Drunken Unicorn
18-Athens GA, 40 Watt Club
20-New Orleans LA, One Eyed Jacks
confirmed
What do you think the odds are of the Melvins playing in Oklahoma City? I don't feel like driving to Texas.
I'm totally there for the Amoeba music In-store
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 09, 2008, 03:38:31 AM
What do you think the odds are of the Melvins playing in Oklahoma City? I don't feel like driving to Texas.
What's wrong with Texas?? :x
*actually there are
alot of things wrong with Texas :|
Quote from: rictus on June 09, 2008, 10:30:22 AM
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 09, 2008, 03:38:31 AM
What do you think the odds are of the Melvins playing in Oklahoma City? I don't feel like driving to Texas.
What's wrong with Texas?? :x
*actually there are alot of things wrong with Texas :|
237 miles of space, that's what's wrong. I'd be paying 5x more on gas than on the ticket. Unless some handsome, charitable man offered to pick me up on the way.
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 09, 2008, 02:49:22 PM
Unless some handsome, charitable man offered to pick me up on the way.
is handsome a requirement?
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 09, 2008, 02:49:22 PM
Quote from: rictus on June 09, 2008, 10:30:22 AM
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 09, 2008, 03:38:31 AM
What do you think the odds are of the Melvins playing in Oklahoma City? I don't feel like driving to Texas.
What's wrong with Texas?? :x
*actually there are alot of things wrong with Texas :|
237 miles of space, that's what's wrong. I'd be paying 5x more on gas than on the ticket. Unless some handsome, charitable man offered to pick me up on the way.
Yeah, driving through Texas is a chore, and expensive. My g/f's brother just went down to South Padre Island and said gas cost him like $300, and that's just one way, he still has to drive back. :shock:
Quote from: Sweet Intuition on June 05, 2008, 08:46:53 PM
Ticketmaster says that the Melvins will be playing with Secret Chiefs3 for the Denver date. :shock:
*EDIT* - Nevermind, SC3 were playing the same night, but it was cancelled. :(
Well, apparently SC3 will be playing with the Melvins the same night! The WOM website, Ticketmaster, and the Ogden has them listed as playing with them. :D
for real??? shit thats good :shock:
Also found this posted on Ticketmaster:
Melvins
Fri, 08/29/08
07:00 PM
Glass House
Pomona, CA
on sale:
Sat, 06/14/08 12:00 PM
Quote from: Sweet Intuition on June 09, 2008, 08:51:15 PM
Quote from: Sweet Intuition on June 05, 2008, 08:46:53 PM
Ticketmaster says that the Melvins will be playing with Secret Chiefs3 for the Denver date. :shock:
*EDIT* - Nevermind, SC3 were playing the same night, but it was cancelled. :(
Well, apparently SC3 will be playing with the Melvins the same night! The WOM website, Ticketmaster, and the Ogden has them listed as playing with them. :D
Reminds me when the Maggot came out Melvins and Mr. Bungle played together in Texas (I think it was Dallas but don't hold me to that).
Quote from: Sweet Intuition on June 09, 2008, 08:51:15 PM
Quote from: Sweet Intuition on June 05, 2008, 08:46:53 PM
Ticketmaster says that the Melvins will be playing with Secret Chiefs3 for the Denver date. :shock:
*EDIT* - Nevermind, SC3 were playing the same night, but it was cancelled. :(
Well, apparently SC3 will be playing with the Melvins the same night! The WOM website, Ticketmaster, and the Ogden has them listed as playing with them. :D
Well that's fucking awesome, I'd make a special trip to see these 2 bands under 1 roof. I just might do that.
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 09, 2008, 03:38:31 AM
What do you think the odds are of the Melvins playing in Oklahoma City? I don't feel like driving to Texas.
Texas? are there Texas dates?
Anybody from this fine establishment going to go to the reno show?? im shopping priceline .com right now, $290 for airfare and hotel from seattle.. and that show is on a saturday wich would make it alot easier to attend..
Quote from: JJ on June 09, 2008, 10:55:59 PM
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 09, 2008, 03:38:31 AM
What do you think the odds are of the Melvins playing in Oklahoma City? I don't feel like driving to Texas.
Texas? are there Texas dates?
Not yet. :(
QuoteJun. 3, 2008
Ok, yo!
It is on, once again. With the release next month of the Melvins new record "Nude With Boots" comes word of the beginning of another Melvins/Big Business world tour! We have posted the first of the dates we have received. We have been told that more US dates will be added as well as European and Brazilian dates, stay tuned. Show up nude with only your boots on to get special VIP treatment!
Am I the first to see this? Brazilian dates?!? Will beto finally see the melvins?????
Quote from: ManWithNoName on June 10, 2008, 10:42:55 AM
Am I the first to see this? Brazilian dates?!? Will beto finally see the melvins?????
Quote from: http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=9835.msg173000#msg173000
Ok, yo! It is on, once again. With the release next month of the Melvins new record "Nude With Boots" comes word of the beginning of another Melvins/Big Business world tour! We have posted the first of the dates we have received. We have been told that more US dates will be added as well as European and Brazilian dates, stay tuned. Show up nude with only your boots on to get special VIP treatment!
No, you're one of the last, man! :D
I wonder if Beto has read this at all.
MORE DATES for TX, NM, AZ and CAQuoteDates and Dates
Here's some more dates for y'all. How could we forget you, Texas? and arizona and new mexico?
Thu 8/21 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
Fri 8/22 - Austin, TX - Emo's
Sat 8/23 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
Sun 8/24 - off - off
Mon 8/25 - Albuquerque, NM - Launch Pad
Tue 8/26 - Tucson, AZ - Plush
Wed 8/27 - Phoenix, AZ - The Brickhouse Theater
Thu 8/28 - San Diego, CA - Canes
Fri 8/29 - Pomona, CA - Glass House
see you soon.
bigbiz
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=13717050&blogID=404825562
I can't wait any longer. Can't they just announce the damn European dates. I am excited.
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 11, 2008, 01:01:37 PM
MORE DATES for TX, NM, AZ and CA
QuoteDates and Dates
Here's some more dates for y'all. How could we forget you, Texas? and arizona and new mexico?
Thu 8/21 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
Fri 8/22 - Austin, TX - Emo's
Sat 8/23 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
Sun 8/24 - off - off
Mon 8/25 - Albuquerque, NM - Launch Pad
Tue 8/26 - Tucson, AZ - Plush
Wed 8/27 - Phoenix, AZ - The Brickhouse Theater
Thu 8/28 - San Diego, CA - Canes
Fri 8/29 - Pomona, CA - Glass House
see you soon.
bigbiz
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=13717050&blogID=404825562
I can't wait any longer. Can't they just announce the damn European dates. I am excited.
Austin here I come. :cheers:
Tickets are now on sale for the Eugene show for 7-24 Check here
http://ticketswest.rdln.com/Artist.aspx?evt=63519
MikeThrasherPresents.com
Melvins at John Henry's, 77 W. Broadway, Eugene
* 21 & Over *
www.melvins.com
Just found the Portland show is also for sale 7-25 Wonder Ballroom
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F0040C4EB7E6522?artistid=741486&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60
Showbox in Seattle tix go on sale Saturday, 6-14 at 10 am.
I can't wait any longer. Can't they just announce the damn European dates. I am excited.
Absolutely right my man !! Preferably in the UK.... In the midlands..... in my street would be just great...
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 11, 2008, 01:01:37 PM
MORE DATES for TX, NM, AZ and CA
QuoteDates and Dates
Here's some more dates for y'all. How could we forget you, Texas? and arizona and new mexico?
Thu 8/21 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
Fri 8/22 - Austin, TX - Emo's
Sat 8/23 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
Sun 8/24 - off - off
Mon 8/25 - Albuquerque, NM - Launch Pad
Tue 8/26 - Tucson, AZ - Plush
Wed 8/27 - Phoenix, AZ - The Brickhouse Theater
Thu 8/28 - San Diego, CA - Canes
Fri 8/29 - Pomona, CA - Glass House
see you soon.
bigbiz
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=13717050&blogID=404825562
I can't wait any longer. Can't they just announce the damn European dates. I am excited.
:(
That sucks Farty. Seems like they're skipping over Music City this time around.
Quote from: irezumi on June 11, 2008, 06:14:50 PM
That sucks Farty. Seems like they're skipping over Music City this time around.
the first time since 1990. man, i'm bummed.
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 11, 2008, 01:42:27 PM
Just found the Portland show is also for sale 7-25 Wonder Ballroom
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F0040C4EB7E6522?artistid=741486&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60
Showbox in Seattle tix go on sale Saturday, 6-14 at 10 am.
Sweet, thanks man..... You ever been to the venue that they are playing at in portland idle?? or anyobdy for that matter?
Quote from: grays harbor mafia on June 11, 2008, 06:54:32 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 11, 2008, 01:42:27 PM
Just found the Portland show is also for sale 7-25 Wonder Ballroom
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F0040C4EB7E6522?artistid=741486&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60
Showbox in Seattle tix go on sale Saturday, 6-14 at 10 am.
Sweet, thanks man..... You ever been to the venue that they are playing at in portland idle?? or anyobdy for that matter?
Yep, I was there last year for the APOD show. Nice place. Bar upstairs and downstairs. That was the show I had to sneak my camera into because some cock said I couldn't film.
cool, i was hoping to go to show a little farther away from home, but it looks like portland is about as far as im going to be able to go.... gonna have to get a ticket....
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 11, 2008, 01:01:37 PM
MORE DATES for TX, NM, AZ and CA
QuoteDates and Dates
Here's some more dates for y'all. How could we forget you, Texas? and arizona and new mexico?
Thu 8/21 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
Fri 8/22 - Austin, TX - Emo's
Sat 8/23 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
Sun 8/24 - off - off
Mon 8/25 - Albuquerque, NM - Launch Pad
Tue 8/26 - Tucson, AZ - Plush
Wed 8/27 - Phoenix, AZ - The Brickhouse Theater
Thu 8/28 - San Diego, CA - Canes
Fri 8/29 - Pomona, CA - Glass House
see you soon.
bigbiz
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=13717050&blogID=404825562
I can't wait any longer. Can't they just announce the damn European dates. I am excited.
This is the Best News ever!!!
I hate the house of blues so much. Goddammit! I'm not sure if my love for Melvins is stronger than my hate for HOB.
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 12, 2008, 01:43:53 AM
I hate the house of blues so much. Goddammit! I'm not sure if my love for Melvins is stronger than my hate for HOB.
I feel the same way about Emo's.
Quote from: rictus on June 12, 2008, 08:02:46 AM
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 12, 2008, 01:43:53 AM
I hate the house of blues so much. Goddammit! I'm not sure if my love for Melvins is stronger than my hate for HOB.
I feel the same way about Emo's.
Here's a band for you: http://www.myspace.com/thefuckemosonmyspace
Quote from: norecess on June 12, 2008, 09:21:49 AM
Quote from: rictus on June 12, 2008, 08:02:46 AM
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 12, 2008, 01:43:53 AM
I hate the house of blues so much. Goddammit! I'm not sure if my love for Melvins is stronger than my hate for HOB.
I feel the same way about Emo's.
Here's a band for you: http://www.myspace.com/thefuckemosonmyspace
:D I wonder if they've ever played at Emo's. :-k
Quote from: rictus on June 12, 2008, 09:31:11 AM
Quote from: norecess on June 12, 2008, 09:21:49 AM
Quote from: rictus on June 12, 2008, 08:02:46 AM
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 12, 2008, 01:43:53 AM
I hate the house of blues so much. Goddammit! I'm not sure if my love for Melvins is stronger than my hate for HOB.
I feel the same way about Emo's.
Here's a band for you: http://www.myspace.com/thefuckemosonmyspace
:D I wonder if they've ever played at Emo's. :-k
They did, but that was before they were called the Fuckemos.
They changed their name when Emo's started charging people $2 to get into local shows.
and DAMN YOU MELVINS PLAY IN OKLAHOMA :x
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 12, 2008, 09:50:35 AM
Quote from: rictus on June 12, 2008, 09:31:11 AM
Quote from: norecess on June 12, 2008, 09:21:49 AM
Here's a band for you: http://www.myspace.com/thefuckemosonmyspace
:D I wonder if they've ever played at Emo's. :-k
They did, but that was before they were called the Fuckemos.
They changed their name when Emo's started charging people $2 to get into local shows.
Are they any good? They're playing in Holland somewhere in a few weeks, or months, that's how I found out about them, and their name is kinda easy to remember.
Fuckemos had a hilarious 10" on Man's Ruin. I bought it for the cover art alone. I think there was a song about a lesbian called Leslie Ann. I remember the songs being weird and humourous
The Fuckemos are great!! I recommend:
Airshow 2000
Black Helicopters
Fuckemos Can Kill You
They will be playing at Orange Sunshine's 'house', where I saw High on Fire last Saturday. I really liked it there. If OS is opening for them or something, I might go and check it out.
Let me know. I can shoot some mp3s your way if so desired
the fuckemos are awesome. live they are good too. but usually some drama. just give russel some of the good weed (and maybe some xanax) and it will be fine. hopefully he would kill anyone. they can be sloppy though...very sloppy. just heckle them the whole time.
celebration is the best cd and the 10", then can kill you.
they were called something else sachquach 2000 or something, but they sucked so bad emos told them they would never play there again, that is when they changed there name, and started playing there...go figure. that was when emos was still cool...and FREE. it started to suck after the buttholes sold their shares and they started charging a dollar.
some of these are already known, but there's a few added.
Jul 23 2008 8:00P
Domino Room Bend, Oregon
Jul 24 2008 8:00P
WOW Hall Eugene, Oregon
Jul 25 2008 8:00P
Wonder Ballroom Portland, Oregon
Jul 26 2008 8:00P
Showbox Seattle, Washington
Jul 27 2008 8:00P
The Other Side Missoula, Montana
Jul 28 2008 8:00P
Bones Brewing Billings, Montana
The Bend show has tix for sale at : http://ticketswest.rdln.com/Artist.aspx?evt=63557
Oops, sale for Bend starts 6-16.
Fri, 08/08/08
07:00 PM Water Street Music HallRochester, NY
Sat, 08/09/08
09:00 PM Paradise Rock ClubBoston, MA
Wed, 08/13/08
08:00 PM Music Hall of WilliamsburgBrooklyn, NY
Thu, 08/14/08
08:00 PM Bowery BallroomNEW YORK, NY
http://introvertedloudmouth.blogspot.com/2008/06/in-bizzare-twist-of-fate.html
QuoteLate breaking news:
Out of nowhere I find out that I have been asked to be a roadie on the upcoming MELVINS tour during the summer, a six week jaunt around America. I said, "Fuck yes...I'm there!!"
(after clearing it with..uh..my girlfreind. I mean, it is a lot to ask. She said that there was no way that I could not do it. What a gal!)
So look for me on these dates. I will be working of course, but I also will be having some stuff to sell at the Melvins merch table. It will include:
1. All three of the MANCHILD books that I have out.
2. The MANCHILD "My War" parody t-shirt in all three sizes on a baby blue shirt. Limited amount, too.
3. Some MANCHILD prints.
4. And also I will be bringing the bulk of what ended up in MANCHILD 3, including the Melvins tour diary that was printed within, and will be selling all of that original art. Maybe there will be some package deal for that. If you want to own a original peice of that cartoon art you have a chance to buy it.
I am sure that I will have a little downtime to draw more of those mean spirited posters I did last time as well.
The universe can sure be something at times. And all I had to do was quit my job. This is a great start, I must say.
Holy fuck, Melvins are playing Rochester? Unbelievable. I don't know if they've ever played there, I know they haven't in the last 15 yrs. Looks like I get to see two shows in a row. Both Buffalo & Rochester are only like a 45 minute drive from my house. Last time I caught two back to back shows in Buffalo/Rochester was Hank III in fall '05. This fucking rules.
Just found out that im moving when the show hits Dallas, but I probably wouldn't go see it anyway. I may be able to see a date in NM or AZ, depending on how much the detour might cost.
AZ ? :o
The best Fuckemos song is "Frank's Bicycle." The lyrics lament the incident where the narrator stole a man named Frank's bicycle from outside of a gay club, and sold it for drugs.
Either that or "Do You Wanna Dance."
On topic, I'm convinced the Melvins will never come back to Oklahoma again, unless they experience some surge of popularity, but then I'd be bummed for wanting to see them in a small club with a small crowd.
Unfortunately, I can't make it to that Fuckemos show I was talking about it. My "parents-in-law" (when does one start saying that?) are visiting that week, and I don't think I can interest them for that show.
I just found out that I could go see them in July as well. Hmm, maybe I will...
Quote from: norecess on June 14, 2008, 04:08:43 AM
My "parents-in-law" (when does one start saying that?)
When your married.
Alright, Snivlem has smiled upon me this day and Seattle tickets are mine!
I'm having a very difficult time giving in to buying my tickets for the Denver show on Ticketmaster. The grand total for one ticket was $33.50 - The service fee is more than half the price of the ticket alone. That's highway robbery!
I think I might just wait a couple of week til I'm in town, and buy my ticket at the box office.
Quote from: Sweet Intuition on June 14, 2008, 02:13:11 PM
I'm having a very difficult time giving in to buying my tickets for the Denver show on Ticketmaster. The grand total for one ticket was $33.50 - The service fee is more than half the price of the ticket alone. That's highway robbery!
I think I might just wait a couple of week til I'm in town, and buy my ticket at the box office.
I dont even want to know HOB tix prices. I paid 50 bucks for dino jr tix, and that was outrageous. I cant stand all the rules that HOB has. And really, is the metal detecting wand up my ass necessary?
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 14, 2008, 02:15:58 PM
And really, is the metal detecting wand up my ass necessary?
Maybe that guard just really liked you.
Quote from: irezumi on June 14, 2008, 02:22:30 PM
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 14, 2008, 02:15:58 PM
And really, is the metal detecting wand up my ass necessary?
Maybe that guard just really liked you.
It's a possibility.
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 14, 2008, 10:10:40 AM
Quote from: norecess on June 14, 2008, 04:08:43 AM
My "parents-in-law" (when does one start saying that?)
When your married.
And then you can have sex! :shock:
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 14, 2008, 03:34:39 AM
The best Fuckemos song is "Frank's Bicycle."
it's about Frank Kozik's bicycle
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 14, 2008, 03:34:39 AMEither that or "Do You Wanna Dance."
What about 'I Can't Smell Guiseppe' or maybe 'Sex Body' ?
JUST ORDERED MY TICKETS! SEE YOU FUCKERS IN SEATTLE
Quote from: anaconda on June 14, 2008, 04:13:04 PM
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 14, 2008, 03:34:39 AM
The best Fuckemos song is "Frank's Bicycle."
it's about Frank Kozik's bicycle
Quote from: Doody the Clown on June 14, 2008, 03:34:39 AMEither that or "Do You Wanna Dance."
What about 'I Can't Smell Guiseppe' or maybe 'Sex Body' ?
I have the first listed as I Can't Spell Joseppi and don't have the second.
I'm sure they're both great songs though. Can't get enough Fuckemos.
:lol:
FUCK!!!! the weekend the Melvins are playing here in NC, is the second biggest golf tourney at the countryclub.....
anyone know a cheap place i can stay in Athens or Atlanta???!?!?!?! much help is appreciated.
the fuckemos are a family band! take the in-laws. 80 sailors is good on that album too. but celebration has the best songs.
Quote from: linoleum blownapart on June 15, 2008, 09:08:04 AM
the fuckemos are a family band!
:D
No, it's not gonna happen, sorry guys.
I was going to get tickets for Buffalo & Rochester this weekend, but there's some confusion. Tickets.com shows the Buffalo gig is on Fri 8-8, and Ticketmaster shows they're playing Rochester on Fri. 8-8. :? Town Ballroom's site doesn't have it listed yet. Ipecac calendar still shows Buffalo on 8-7, and nothing on 8-8. My guess is tickets.com has the wrong date. Water Street Music Hall's website doesn't even have it listed yet either.
The WS club will be lucky if they break even, I'm guessing they'll draw no more than 100 people at the show. Rochester is big on bro-rock and "tough guy" nu-metal/punk shit. There are never any good rock shows in that town, the good bands don't usually bother and play Buffalo instead. I mainly only head to Roch to see jazz shows.
Last.fm already has a Brazilian date listed on September 6:
http://www.last.fm/event/656449
Quote from: FART LIPS on June 14, 2008, 09:35:46 PM
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 14, 2008, 03:53:22 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 14, 2008, 03:21:31 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 14, 2008, 10:10:40 AM
Quote from: norecess on June 14, 2008, 04:08:43 AM
My "parents-in-law" (when does one start saying that?)
When your married.
And then you can have sex! :shock:
oops.
what? you forgot to have sex?
[-X
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 15, 2008, 04:56:43 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on June 14, 2008, 09:35:46 PM
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 14, 2008, 03:53:22 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 14, 2008, 03:21:31 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 14, 2008, 10:10:40 AM
Quote from: norecess on June 14, 2008, 04:08:43 AM
My "parents-in-law" (when does one start saying that?)
When your married.
And then you can have sex! :shock:
oops.
what? you forgot to have sex?
[-X
[-(
:D/
:wink:
=;
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 15, 2008, 04:47:07 PM
Last.fm already has a Brazilian date listed on September 6:
http://www.last.fm/event/656449
:shock: :shock: :shock:
It's true, they said Brazilian dates!
QuoteOk, yo! It is on, once again. With the release next month of the Melvins new record "Nude With Boots" comes word of the beginning of another Melvins/Big Business world tour! We have posted the first of the dates we have received. We have been told that more US dates will be added as well as European and Brazilian dates, stay tuned. Show up nude with only your boots on to get special VIP treatment!
http://www.ipecac.com/
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 15, 2008, 04:47:07 PM
Last.fm already has a Brazilian date listed on September 6:
http://www.last.fm/event/656449
Orloff Five Festival
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 15, 2008, 11:39:57 AM
I was going to get tickets for Buffalo & Rochester this weekend, but there's some confusion. Tickets.com shows the Buffalo gig is on Fri 8-8, and Ticketmaster shows they're playing Rochester on Fri. 8-8. :? Town Ballroom's site doesn't have it listed yet. Ipecac calendar still shows Buffalo on 8-7, and nothing on 8-8. My guess is tickets.com has the wrong date. Water Street Music Hall's website doesn't even have it listed yet either.
The WS club will be lucky if they break even, I'm guessing they'll draw no more than 100 people at the show. Rochester is big on bro-rock and "tough guy" nu-metal/punk shit. There are never any good rock shows in that town, the good bands don't usually bother and play Buffalo instead. I mainly only head to Roch to see jazz shows.
yeah, i'm confused too. i'd contemplate going to both, but want some concrete info first...
Quote from: Beto Brasil on June 15, 2008, 07:01:12 PM
Quote from: bathroom creep on June 15, 2008, 04:47:07 PM
Last.fm already has a Brazilian date listed on September 6:
http://www.last.fm/event/656449
:shock: :shock: :shock:
=D> =D> =D>
Hooray for Beto.
my wife is not feeling the whole "go to cleveland and be gone overnight to see MELVINS" idea at all. :x
she'll be about 2 weeks away from baby time. I'm getting the "what if something happened?" comments.
guess I'll have to go ahead and buy the tik, reserve the room, and wait for the exact proper moment to drop the bomb.
Quote from: glen on June 16, 2008, 10:46:52 AM
my wife is not feeling the whole "go to cleveland and be gone overnight to see MELVINS" idea at all. :x
she'll be about 2 weeks away from baby time. I'm getting the "what if something happened?" comments.
guess I'll have to go ahead and buy the tik, reserve the room, and wait for the exact proper moment to drop the bomb.
Two words: Business trip. Maybe some unexpected business(*big) will come up that will force you to go out of town for a few days? :wink:
Quote from: rictus on June 16, 2008, 10:52:41 AM
Quote from: glen on June 16, 2008, 10:46:52 AM
my wife is not feeling the whole "go to cleveland and be gone overnight to see MELVINS" idea at all. :x
she'll be about 2 weeks away from baby time. I'm getting the "what if something happened?" comments.
guess I'll have to go ahead and buy the tik, reserve the room, and wait for the exact proper moment to drop the bomb.
Two words: Business trip. Maybe some unexpected business(*big) will come up that will force you to go out of town for a few days? :wink:
8)
I already did some seed planting: "honey, I'm going to go ahead and buy the ticket for the cleveland show, its only about 7 bucks (BULLSHIT!) and reserve a room. and I'll cancel the room and eat the ticket if I have to. we'll just see how you're feeling come early august."
do you think there is a chance in hades I will wind up not going to that show once the tik is bought? barring any real health situations.. OH HELL NO!
so... I gotta go. I'm going to the grog shop.com to buy my ticket and start snooping for a hotel.
*edit: ticket purchased. :twisted:
Quote from: glen on June 16, 2008, 10:57:53 AM
Quote from: rictus on June 16, 2008, 10:52:41 AM
Quote from: glen on June 16, 2008, 10:46:52 AM
my wife is not feeling the whole "go to cleveland and be gone overnight to see MELVINS" idea at all. :x
she'll be about 2 weeks away from baby time. I'm getting the "what if something happened?" comments.
guess I'll have to go ahead and buy the tik, reserve the room, and wait for the exact proper moment to drop the bomb.
Two words: Business trip. Maybe some unexpected business(*big) will come up that will force you to go out of town for a few days? :wink:
8)
I already did some seed planting: "honey, I'm going to go ahead and buy the ticket for the cleveland show, its only about 7 bucks (BULLSHIT!) and reserve a room. and I'll cancel the room and eat the ticket if I have to. we'll just see how you're feeling come early august."
do you think there is a chance in hades I will wind up not going to that show once the tik is bought? barring any real health situations.. OH HELL NO!
so... I gotta go. I'm going to the grog shop.com to buy my ticket and start snooping for a hotel.
I forget sometimes how fortunate I am to have a g/f who also loves the MELVINS. The only way I wouldn't be able to go is if for some reason she couldn't. 8)
Looks like they won't be coming to boise despite rumors to the contrary. I'm going to jackson hole to see them and I'm not taking my ol' lady, that way we're both happy. (hope she doesn't read this)
Quote from: glen on June 16, 2008, 10:57:53 AM
Quote from: rictus on June 16, 2008, 10:52:41 AM
Quote from: glen on June 16, 2008, 10:46:52 AM
my wife is not feeling the whole "go to cleveland and be gone overnight to see MELVINS" idea at all. :x
she'll be about 2 weeks away from baby time. I'm getting the "what if something happened?" comments.
guess I'll have to go ahead and buy the tik, reserve the room, and wait for the exact proper moment to drop the bomb.
Two words: Business trip. Maybe some unexpected business(*big) will come up that will force you to go out of town for a few days? :wink:
8)
I already did some seed planting: "honey, I'm going to go ahead and buy the ticket for the cleveland show, its only about 7 bucks (BULLSHIT!) and reserve a room. and I'll cancel the room and eat the ticket if I have to. I'm going to this show whether you like it or not, because I'm the man in this relationship. We'll just see how you're feeling come early august."
do you think there is a chance in hades I will wind up not going to that show once the tik is bought? barring any real health situations.. OH HELL NO!
so... I gotta go. I'm going to the grog shop.com to buy my ticket and start snooping for a hotel.
*edit: ticket purchased. :twisted:
You should make it a family vacation.
They are comming to Rochester for the first time since what, 1997? This will be pretty great to say the least. I may have to see them two night in a row if possible as long as tickets arent 15 dollars. Is anyone else going to see them here?
Quote from: Greasy Statement on June 15, 2008, 11:10:27 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 15, 2008, 11:39:57 AM
I was going to get tickets for Buffalo & Rochester this weekend, but there's some confusion. Tickets.com shows the Buffalo gig is on Fri 8-8, and Ticketmaster shows they're playing Rochester on Fri. 8-8. :? Town Ballroom's site doesn't have it listed yet. Ipecac calendar still shows Buffalo on 8-7, and nothing on 8-8. My guess is tickets.com has the wrong date. Water Street Music Hall's website doesn't even have it listed yet either.
yeah, i'm confused too. i'd contemplate going to both, but want some concrete info first...
Don't know if this is any helpful, but at least Ipecac now shows the 8-8 Rochester date on their site.
I emailed the folks at Ipecac. Buffalo is on 8-7(tickets.com), Rochester is 8-8(ticketmaster). Tickets.com fixed the fuckup on the date. Both are on sale now. I'm hitting both of them. Gotta see Zappa Plays Zappa down the street in the Square on 8-7, might miss Big Biz's set since doors are at 7:00 and ZPZ ends at 10:00.
For all you southern Ontario peeps, it's too bad they still don't have that fast ferry that ran a few years ago, so you could get to Rochester without crossing the bridges. :?
there's a mlps date set but it's the only one without a venue listed wtf???
Quote from: cheeseburger on June 16, 2008, 08:39:28 PM
there's a mlps date set but it's the only one without a venue listed wtf???
most likely grumpy's
Quote from: brian on June 16, 2008, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: cheeseburger on June 16, 2008, 08:39:28 PM
there's a mlps date set but it's the only one without a venue listed wtf???
most likely grumpy's
really?? that would kinda suck, seeing how only a handful of people can fit in grumpy's.
they usually do 1st ave, the quest (does the quest still exist?) or something and grumpy's as well, not just grumpy's.
or have they only been doing grumpy's lately? i haven't lived there for a while. but i'll be pissed if they only do grumpy's i know that much.
Quote from: cheeseburger on June 16, 2008, 09:31:54 PM
Quote from: brian on June 16, 2008, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: cheeseburger on June 16, 2008, 08:39:28 PM
there's a mlps date set but it's the only one without a venue listed wtf???
most likely grumpy's
really?? that would kinda suck, seeing how only a handful of people can fit in grumpy's.
they usually do 1st ave, the quest (does the quest still exist?) or something and grumpy's as well, not just grumpy's.
or have they only been doing grumpy's lately? i haven't lived there for a while. but i'll be pissed if they only do grumpy's i know that much.
last year(only mpls show) it was at grumpy's outside in their parking lot under a big tent, plenty of space/people there, the year before that it was at the fine line music cafe, not a fan of that place, or outdoor shows for that matter, they also played grumpy's inside and an art gallery earlier in 2006, they didn't play here at all in 2005, and in 2004 it was grumpy's inside twice and fine line again later in the year.
i don't think there are shows at the quest anymore, first ave. would be my preferred venue to see the melvins, alas I don't see it happening again in the near future...
why would you be pissed if they only do grumpy's? are you moving back/visiting the area this summer?
It's Grumpy's.
I enjoyed the outdoor show last year. The 2006 show was packed, but a good show. I hate the Fine Line, but I liked that show. I don't think they have played first ave since the Trilogy tour in 1999.
Quote from: Rev. Mike on June 16, 2008, 10:41:14 PM
It's Grumpy's.
I enjoyed the outdoor show last year. The 2006 show was packed, but a good show. I hate the Fine Line, but I liked that show. I don't think they have played first ave since the Trilogy tour in 1999.
2002
Quote from: glen on June 16, 2008, 10:57:53 AM
Quote from: rictus on June 16, 2008, 10:52:41 AM
Quote from: glen on June 16, 2008, 10:46:52 AM
my wife is not feeling the whole "go to cleveland and be gone overnight to see MELVINS" idea at all. :x
she'll be about 2 weeks away from baby time. I'm getting the "what if something happened?" comments.
guess I'll have to go ahead and buy the tik, reserve the room, and wait for the exact proper moment to drop the bomb.
Two words: Business trip. Maybe some unexpected business(*big) will come up that will force you to go out of town for a few days? :wink:
8)
I already did some seed planting: "honey, I'm going to go ahead and buy the ticket for the cleveland show, its only about 7 bucks (BULLSHIT!) and reserve a room. and I'll cancel the room and eat the ticket if I have to. we'll just see how you're feeling come early august."
do you think there is a chance in hades I will wind up not going to that show once the tik is bought? barring any real health situations.. OH HELL NO!
so... I gotta go. I'm going to the grog shop.com to buy my ticket and start snooping for a hotel.
*edit: ticket purchased. :twisted:
I'll be buying my ticket on payday. Trying to convince my brother to go, as he has yet to see the Melvins. Should be great.
Quote from: brian on June 16, 2008, 10:35:55 PM
Quote from: cheeseburger on June 16, 2008, 09:31:54 PM
Quote from: brian on June 16, 2008, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: cheeseburger on June 16, 2008, 08:39:28 PM
there's a mlps date set but it's the only one without a venue listed wtf???
most likely grumpy's
really?? that would kinda suck, seeing how only a handful of people can fit in grumpy's.
they usually do 1st ave, the quest (does the quest still exist?) or something and grumpy's as well, not just grumpy's.
or have they only been doing grumpy's lately? i haven't lived there for a while. but i'll be pissed if they only do grumpy's i know that much.
why would you be pissed if they only do grumpy's? are you moving back/visiting the area this summer?
i'm moving back.... i didn't realize they had a big tent outside of grumpy's so i guess that'll be fine. in the past when i lived there they would play inside grumpy's and it would sell out super fast, thats why i would be pissed, but if it's outside (or just a bigger space for that matter) i'm fine.
Quote from: cheeseburger on June 17, 2008, 09:53:19 AM
Quote from: brian on June 16, 2008, 10:35:55 PM
Quote from: cheeseburger on June 16, 2008, 09:31:54 PM
Quote from: brian on June 16, 2008, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: cheeseburger on June 16, 2008, 08:39:28 PM
there's a mlps date set but it's the only one without a venue listed wtf???
most likely grumpy's
really?? that would kinda suck, seeing how only a handful of people can fit in grumpy's.
they usually do 1st ave, the quest (does the quest still exist?) or something and grumpy's as well, not just grumpy's.
or have they only been doing grumpy's lately? i haven't lived there for a while. but i'll be pissed if they only do grumpy's i know that much.
why would you be pissed if they only do grumpy's? are you moving back/visiting the area this summer?
i'm moving back.... i didn't realize they had a big tent outside of grumpy's so i guess that'll be fine. in the past when i lived there they would play inside grumpy's and it would sell out super fast, thats why i would be pissed, but if it's outside (or just a bigger space for that matter) i'm fine.
Yep, the ones inside grumpy's were a little weak, there was like 10 feet +/- between the stage and the bar
For anyone in Rochester going to the Buffalo show, If you have extra room in your car and wouldn't mind bringing someone along I would be glad to join you and help pay for gas. Just send a PM.
Just ordered my tickets for the Madison show 8)
Got a tic for Atlanta, now I'm working on a ticket for Athens the next night. My computer is sending me warnings about unsecure connections and all kinds of scary 'DONT ENTER YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO ON THIS SITE' when I ckick on the 'buy tickets' page on 40 watt club site.
I guess I'll have to call & do it over the phone.
Psyched for this.
More info for the Grumpys show, posted by Haze from his Amrep forum:
"Melvins with Big Business at Grumpy's Downtown ( http://grumpys-bar.com/ )
August 2nd, Sat 10pm
For those that haven't been to a Melvins show at Grumpy's, lemme tell you it's a blast. Basically Grumpy's isn't a music club, and only holds 200 people. So these shows have always felt more like a house party, or seeing the band 15 years ago. Intimate would be the key word.
No 7" single this time, as the short notice did that idea in. There's a possibility of a limited CD containing tracks from previous Melvins Grumpy's shows. I'll have more word on that in coming weeks.
Tickets will likely be for sale online as well as over the phone. that will be sorted out in short order and info will be posted here."
Hop on those tix quick; when I lived in MPLS the Grumpys shows always sold out real fucking quick. I never got to see them there. :x
I will be at the Buffalo show. Just got the ok for approved time off at work.
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 23, 2008, 01:37:28 PM
More info for the Grumpys show, posted by Haze from his Amrep forum:
"Melvins with Big Business at Grumpy's Downtown ( http://grumpys-bar.com/ )
August 2nd, Sat 10pm
For those that haven't been to a Melvins show at Grumpy's, lemme tell you it's a blast. Basically Grumpy's isn't a music club, and only holds 200 people. So these shows have always felt more like a house party, or seeing the band 15 years ago. Intimate would be the key word.
No 7" single this time, as the short notice did that idea in. There's a possibility of a limited CD containing tracks from previous Melvins Grumpy's shows. I'll have more word on that in coming weeks.
Tickets will likely be for sale online as well as over the phone. that will be sorted out in short order and info will be posted here."
well that's just fucking great... ](*,) :bs: ](*,) :bs:.
Hello! im new in this board and I am from Puerto Rico. Im going to my first ever Melvins show @ double door chicago. all the way from Puerto Rico to this show...well Im going to the Lollapalooza as well but the melvins show is the obly thing that got me pomped up!!!!!!!!!!
Got my ticket for the Buffalo show last night at the Dethklok show @ Town Ballroom. I was going to wait awhile but they were advertising the Melvins and other shows coming up on the big screen between sets. The Melvins ad was pretty cool, they kept showing the recent band press shot, the GPT cover & what looked like a Kozik poster, and a phrase that said something like "new album, new tour, more abrasive than ever!". Even though I was low on cash, I figured what the fuck, you save 5-6 bucks by getting the ticket at the venue.
I'll probably miss the Big Biz set that night and maybe the beginning of the Melvins because I'll be at Zappa Plays Zappa until 10. Can't miss that. Will see the whole show at Rochester the next night, and it's not a big deal because the Melvins usually play the same setlist every night.
Quote from: EL SONERO MAYOR on June 23, 2008, 07:01:14 PM
Hello! im new in this board and I am from Puerto Rico. Im going to my first ever Melvins show @ double door chicago. all the way from Puerto Rico to this show...well Im going to the Lollapalooza as well but the melvins show is the obly thing that got me pomped up!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the board, EL S. Mayor.
Quote from: Buick GN on June 23, 2008, 08:45:05 PM
Quote from: EL SONERO MAYOR on June 23, 2008, 07:01:14 PM
Hello! im new in this board and I am from Puerto Rico. Im going to my first ever Melvins show @ double door chicago. all the way from Puerto Rico to this show...well Im going to the Lollapalooza as well but the melvins show is the obly thing that got me pomped up!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the board, EL S. Mayor.
Word. Traveling that far for a melvins show deserves some karma. +1
Got my Athens ticket as well today. Hells yes.
Sunday - Melvins in Atlanta, Monday - Melvins in Athens, and on both Monday & Tuesday I get to rip at this skatepark before I go back home.
(http://www.grindline.com/grind_img/photos/athens%20oh/full/1.jpg)
(http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/display/b111f6f0-4559-4e37-a19f-61ba19e42294.jpg)
This will be epic.
Farty, are you gonna be going to ATL?
that skatepark looks sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: EL SONERO MAYOR on June 23, 2008, 09:29:59 PM
that skatepark looks sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
indeed.
they're supposedly building something similar in my neck of the woods.
too bad I'm too old and decrepit to skate it.
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 23, 2008, 01:37:28 PM
No 7" single this time, as the short notice did that idea in. There's a possibility of a limited CD containing tracks from previous Melvins Grumpy's shows. I'll have more word on that in coming weeks.
If anyone has a line on a recording of the 2007 Grumpy's outdoor show (I know it was taped), please get a hold of me.
Quote from: glen on June 24, 2008, 06:32:50 AM
Quote from: EL SONERO MAYOR on June 23, 2008, 09:29:59 PM
that skatepark looks sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
indeed.
they're supposedly building something similar in my neck of the woods.
too bad I'm too old and decrepit to skate it.
Psh. I'm a year older than you Glen; Us fogies aren't dead yet!!
so i got an idea....who ever is going to the seattle show should all meet up and smoke sumthin and have a round of drinks. i wanna meet some of you weirdo melvins freaks like myself. let me know
Quote from: irezumi on June 23, 2008, 09:05:46 PM
Farty, are you gonna be going to ATL?
mayyyyybe athens. but i wouldn't expect it with all the bullshit i got going. first missed tour in a long time. :(
tickets for grumpy's are on sale!! get 'em while you can! i got mine (thank fucking god).
http://grumpys.indietickets.com/ (http://grumpys.indietickets.com/)
Quote from: nothintothenotice on June 30, 2008, 06:04:04 PM
so i got an idea....who ever is going to the seattle show should all meet up and smoke sumthin and have a round of drinks. i wanna meet some of you weirdo melvins freaks like myself. let me know
That happens every Showbox show, first beers a Pike's Place. No smoke for tranportation workers you must understand.
this is a great year for Melvins fans in California. I think I'm going to actually be able to make 3 of these shows.
i got the eugene show
tickets are still available for grumpy's!
surprisingly.
Quote from: nothintothenotice on June 30, 2008, 06:04:04 PM
so i got an idea....who ever is going to the seattle show should all meet up and smoke sumthin and have a round of drinks. i wanna meet some of you weirdo melvins freaks like myself. let me know
I will be there..... name a time and a place to meet before the show...
Quote from: flyinghouses on June 17, 2008, 02:29:00 PM
For anyone in Rochester going to the Buffalo show, If you have extra room in your car and wouldn't mind bringing someone along I would be glad to join you and help pay for gas. Just send a PM.
Got this from last.fm:
Melvins Sept 20, 2008 - Spielboden, Dornbirn Austria (Transmitter Festival)
http://www.last.fm/event/685086
Melvins Sept 21, 2008 - Arena, Vienna Austria
http://www.last.fm/event/685085
...exciting!
(http://themelvins.net/wiki/images/c/ca/Melvinsgrumpysticket08.jpg)
Holy Crap, that's a Triceratops!
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 13, 2008, 08:46:56 PM
Holy Crap, that's a Triceratops!
He'll be waiting for you in the pit.
:lol:
jesus, even the tickets are cool for the grumpy's show.
if you don't mind me asking brian, how much did those go for without ticketmaster sticking their hand in the pot?
Quote from: glen on July 14, 2008, 07:21:46 AM
jesus, even the tickets are cool for the grumpy's show.
if you don't mind me asking brian, how much did those go for without ticketmaster sticking their hand in the pot?
Not sure bro i didn't pay for mine
Quote from: brian on July 14, 2008, 08:30:14 AM
Not sure bro i didn't pay for mine
that sounds like my kinda price.
Quote from: brian on July 13, 2008, 08:03:26 PM
(http://themelvins.net/wiki/images/c/ca/Melvinsgrumpysticket08.jpg)
i hope they have these at will call, cause that's where mine will be.
Quote from: glen on July 14, 2008, 07:21:46 AM
jesus, even the tickets are cool for the grumpy's show.
if you don't mind me asking brian, how much did those go for without ticketmaster sticking their hand in the pot?
mine where $19 online with all the extra charges, so 2 for $38, not bad.
Straight from Grumpy's they are $16. I got tickets #001 and #002.
Melvins Sept 16, 2008 - Maria am Ostbahnhof, Berlin Germany
http://www.last.fm/event/701197
That's even more exciting. I know I say this all the time, but I hope they're gonna announce ALL European dates soon.
I'm not sure if it's been posted somewhere on the site, but the LA show got moved to the Troubadour.
yeah, someone mentioned it but it's worth mentioning again.
Quote from: swampviking on July 21, 2008, 10:56:23 PM
I'm not sure if it's been posted somewhere on the site, but the LA show got moved to the Troubadour.
So the melvins definitely arent playing at the park?
yeah, tickets are on ticketmaster for these Troubadour shows.
I don't remember where it was, but someone was complaining that the venue the Melvins were playing at in their town was too small. This is John Henry's, in Eugene. I personally cannot fucking wait to see them in this little place.
(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/idlehanz/venue-001-large.jpg)
(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/idlehanz/venue-006-large.jpg)
:shock: Wow! That's going to be an incredible show!!!
that indeed looks like a fun place to see melvins! reminds me of the september Qui show at the sonic ballroom in cologne which i can not wait for...
(http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/comar1/pict0638magnify.jpg)
Quote from: MAR on July 22, 2008, 10:19:37 PM
that indeed looks like a fun place to see melvins! reminds me of the september Qui show at the sonic ballroom in cologne which i can not wait for...
(http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/comar1/pict0638magnify.jpg)
Wouldn't it be wild to buy cologne in Cologne? Or to go dutch at a restaurant in Amsterdam? That's CRAZY!
Quote from: KURDTLUVUR! on July 23, 2008, 01:22:47 AM
Quote from: MAR on July 22, 2008, 10:19:37 PM
that indeed looks like a fun place to see melvins! reminds me of the september Qui show at the sonic ballroom in cologne which i can not wait for...
(http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/comar1/pict0638magnify.jpg)
Wouldn't it be wild to buy cologne in Cologne? Or to go dutch at a restaurant in Amsterdam? That's CRAZY!
:lol:
Quote from: Idlehanz on July 22, 2008, 09:50:12 PM
(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/idlehanz/venue-001-large.jpg)
wow hanzy. that rivals the microscopicity of smalls in detroit. very very cool.
how lucky are we to be infatuated with a band that plays venues like this? pretty damn lucky.
you could be a tool-army member and have to pay $50 to see your band at some massive colliseum IF you can get tickets.
its moments like these that solidify my MELVINS love.
Quote from: KURDTLUVUR! on July 23, 2008, 01:22:47 AM
Wouldn't it be wild to buy cologne in Cologne? Or to go dutch at a restaurant in Amsterdam? That's CRAZY!
Why don't you pay me a visit once and I'll show you an authentic Dutch oven.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well played.
I wouldn't recommend it. He once baked snickers bars in it, and it smelled anything but snickers.
Quote from: Lunica on July 23, 2008, 08:35:16 AM
I wouldn't recommend it. He once baked snickers bars in it, and it smelled anything but snickers.
Never judge a book by its cover, my snicker might smell rotten, they taste delicious!
Melvins Sept 23, 2008 - Pal
Quote from: flyinghouses on July 08, 2008, 01:12:34 PM
Quote from: flyinghouses on June 17, 2008, 02:29:00 PM
For anyone in Rochester going to the Buffalo show, If you have extra room in your car and wouldn't mind bringing someone along I would be glad to join you and help pay for gas. Just send a PM.
BTW tickets at the doors for these shows are $15, yes?
Quote from: glen on July 23, 2008, 07:22:57 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on July 22, 2008, 09:50:12 PM
(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/idlehanz/venue-001-large.jpg)
wow hanzy. that rivals the microscopicity of smalls in detroit. very very cool.
how lucky are we to be infatuated with a band that plays venues like this? pretty damn lucky.
you could be a tool-army member and have to pay $50 to see your band at some massive colliseum IF you can get tickets.
its moments like these that solidify my MELVINS love.
Yea, this is gonna be a fun one. I just hope they don't rattle that disco ball loose from the ceiling.
that looks like half of a building. if I wasn't a melvins fan I'd hate to be in the other half that night.
Quote from: NickP on July 06, 2008, 01:57:43 PM
this is a great year for Melvins fans in California. I think I'm going to actually be able to make 3 of these shows.
Yes, agreed, my brother and I drove from east bay (newark) to Sacramento one night, next day to San Francisco, to Modesto on the 21st. I'm lovin' it, I'm all Melvined out now. My bro's friend lives near Modesto so we went wakeboarding the next day, now I'm all sore in the body and my ears are still ringing. Wouldn't give it up for the world.
I just found a few more dates added on lastfm:
Melvins Sept 18, 2008 - Backstage, Munich Germany
http://www.last.fm/event/706102
Melvins Sept 19, 2008 - Manufaktur, Schorndorf Germany
http://www.last.fm/event/706104
Melvins Sept 28, 2008 - Le Confort Moderne, Poitiers France
http://www.last.fm/event/706109
Quote from: Idlehanz on July 23, 2008, 11:52:26 AM
Quote from: glen on July 23, 2008, 07:22:57 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on July 22, 2008, 09:50:12 PM
(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/idlehanz/venue-001-large.jpg)
wow hanzy. that rivals the microscopicity of smalls in detroit. very very cool.
how lucky are we to be infatuated with a band that plays venues like this? pretty damn lucky.
you could be a tool-army member and have to pay $50 to see your band at some massive colliseum IF you can get tickets.
its moments like these that solidify my MELVINS love.
Yea, this is gonna be a fun one. I just hope they don't rattle that disco ball loose from the ceiling.
It looks like they converted the Red Room from Twin Peaks into a rock club.
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/nickitynick/red-room.jpg)
I smell a skunk.
I notice alot of the show posters for this tour have some completely off-the-wall second opening act listed. examples: attack dogma - the bible beltsander
these are nonexistant bands as far as I can tell. is this a front for morningstar rising?
me thinks yes.
the artists were told to use a religeous name for the second opening act... artists choice
]
I got the email the day I was packing up the Reno posters so I didnt have time to put Jesus Christ on the bill
Quote from: glen on July 29, 2008, 01:44:37 PM
I smell a skunk.
I notice alot of the show posters for this tour have some completely off-the-wall second opening act listed. examples: attack dogma - the bible beltsander
these are nonexistant bands as far as I can tell. is this a front for morningstar rising?
me thinks yes.
Wow, sharp eye and mind.
Euro dates are being announced - http://www.southern.net/southern/tour/MELVN
Manchester it is for me. And maybe Sheffield as well.....
:cry: I don't see any Hamburg date there.. I thought maybe on September 15, the day before the come to Berlin... but no....
DAMN IT. Then I'll have to try to see them in Berlin instead. Oh boy... don't know if it's gonna work...
Anyway, thanks for posting maffy.
Quote from: maffymaff on July 30, 2008, 11:37:21 AM
Euro dates are being announced - http://www.southern.net/southern/tour/MELVN
Manchester it is for me. And maybe Sheffield as well.....
Nice. I'm guessing the Tue Oct 7 2008 date will be London.
Quote from: maffymaff on July 30, 2008, 11:37:21 AM
Euro dates are being announced - http://www.southern.net/southern/tour/MELVN
Wow, that's a bit less dates than I expected. On their last tour they played three Dutch shows. Well, I'm going to see them in Eindhoven then :)
I hope they throw in a Glasgow show cos i'm about to move there! Otherwise i'm going to miss em unfortunately.
Quote from: bathroom creep on July 30, 2008, 11:44:59 AM
:cry: I don't see any Hamburg date there.. I thought maybe on September 15, the day before the come to Berlin... but no....
DAMN IT. Then I'll have to try to see them in Berlin instead. Oh boy... don't know if it's gonna work...
Anyway, thanks for posting maffy.
oh no! cologne is missing too. i didn`t expect that. they played around here every time for the last 10 years...
that will be a very long and expensive trainride. it`s also the date on which i wanted to fulfill my longtime dream seeing the stooges who play about half an hour from my place ! :?
well, maybe i`ll see you there bathroom
Quote from: MAR on July 30, 2008, 04:26:46 PM
Quote from: bathroom creep on July 30, 2008, 11:44:59 AM
:cry: I don't see any Hamburg date there.. I thought maybe on September 15, the day before the come to Berlin... but no....
DAMN IT. Then I'll have to try to see them in Berlin instead. Oh boy... don't know if it's gonna work...
Anyway, thanks for posting maffy.
oh no! cologne is missing too. i didn`t expect that. they played around here every time for the last 10 years...
that will be a very long and expensive trainride. it`s also the date on which i wanted to fulfill my longtime dream seeing the stooges who play about half an hour from my place ! :?
well, maybe i`ll see you there bathroom
The Stooges are playing here on September 18, so I could still go see 'em like I planned. But IF I go to Berlin it will be a 2-3 hour ride and expensive too. That means I'm not sure whether I can still afford the Stooges if I travel to see the MELVINS. Besides, I'm not sure how I will get back after the show. The last train back to my town goes around 23:00 or so, and the next one around 5 o'clock in the morning. :|
I want to see them really bad so I will think about it. But it would have been so great in Hamburg...
problem solved: 09.02 - qui, 09.14 - melvins eindhoven, 09.16 - stooges :D
i need money
Quote from: MAR on July 30, 2008, 07:40:37 PM
problem solved: 09.02 - qui, 09.14 - melvins eindhoven, 09.16 - stooges :D
Unfortunately Qui won't be playing in Holland. I will see the Stooges though, they're opening a new venue in Rotterdam (called Watt) and hopefully I'll manage to get tickets.
Good things about living in Israel:
- Beautiful country
- Best weather in the world
- Beautiful girls
- BEST HOUMUS EVER
- ONLY COSTS $300 TO GO TO EUROPE TO SEE THE MELVINS
Bad things:
- Politics
- Politicians
- Religion and politics mixed together
Good things about living in Sydney:
- Great waves
- Great beaches
- Female Swedish backpackers willing to "experiment"
Bad things about living in Sydney:
- Too expensive
- Shit public transport
- COSTS $2000 TO GO SEE THE MELVINS IN EUROPE
- MOST LIKELY TO DIE FROM SKIN CANCER BEFORE SEEING THE MELVINS AGAIN
Quote from: Michael Jordan on July 31, 2008, 07:26:08 AM
- Religion and politics mixed together
I've yet to come across a government that has politics and religion strictly separated.
Isn`t it very likely that Melvins will come up with some european dates in october? Can they enter the nordic contries?
Here is the full Euro tour list from Ipecac:
http://www.ipecac.com/calendar.php
And now it's time for me to freak out:
QuoteSep. 13, 2008 Hamburg, GER Flackbunker
:cheers:
Fuck yeah!! This is so great. I already gave up hope, and now this. Wow. I'm totally thrilled and satisfied.
As far as I can tell the show is gonna take place in an old WWII bunker. I saw Melt Banana there. You go up with an elevator and then there is this very narrow little place with a very small stage. And I mean very small. I'm not sure how they're gonna fit two drum sets on that stage. But who cares. I'm gonna see the Melvins.
(http://a121.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/l_9720e21269865a3a5ea24d8a3a4ccfe8.jpg)
that's the coolest..
Quote from: bathroom creep on July 31, 2008, 08:00:28 PM
Here is the full Euro tour list from Ipecac:
http://www.ipecac.com/calendar.php
You're lucky with the extra Hamburg date. With all those German dates, aren't you considering seeing them more than once? Or are the other places too far away?
No more Dutch dates unfortunately!
Quote from: norecess on August 01, 2008, 04:22:57 AM
Quote from: bathroom creep on July 31, 2008, 08:00:28 PM
Here is the full Euro tour list from Ipecac:
http://www.ipecac.com/calendar.php
You're lucky with the extra Hamburg date. With all those German dates, aren't you considering seeing them more than once? Or are the other places too far away?
No more Dutch dates unfortunately!
I guess the only option would be Berlin, which isn't exactly close either. It would be a 2-3 hour train ride, and I haven't figured out how to get back after the show yet. If they hadn't added that Hamburg date I would have travelled to Berlin I guess, no matter how expensive or complicated it is. Believe me, I'd love to see them twice but there are lots of shows for me in September, including 50
Quote from: bathroom creep on August 01, 2008, 04:46:06 AM
Believe me, I'd love to see them twice but there are lots of shows for me in September, including 50
Quote from: Alex- on August 01, 2008, 04:48:29 AM
Lucky germans, too bad they wont do more Dutch dates. Now I'll miss them
Why? You'll get home to Utrecht at least!
Quote from: norecess on August 01, 2008, 05:33:13 AM
Quote from: bathroom creep on August 01, 2008, 04:46:06 AM
I might have asked this before, but how long does it take you to travel to Eindhoven?
About 1,5 hours I think, it's OK. And the venue is right across the train station and there are night trains going to Amsterdam Central Station.
I think the venue they're playing in Berlin is right at the station too. But unfortunately there's no train that leaves towards Hamburg Central Station after 11 o' clock. The next trains go around 5 o' clock in the morning. Even if I could get a train to
the Central Station, I'm still pretty far away from the town I live in (about an hour by train).
Sometimes I just hate the Deutsche Bahn. :)
The Stooges will be playing open-air here which is kinda cool too.
Quote from: bathroom creep on August 01, 2008, 06:14:36 AM
Quote from: norecess on August 01, 2008, 05:33:13 AM
Quote from: bathroom creep on August 01, 2008, 04:46:06 AM
I might have asked this before, but how long does it take you to travel to Eindhoven?
About 1,5 hours I think, it's OK. And the venue is right across the train station and there are night trains going to Amsterdam Central Station.
I think the venue they're playing in Berlin is right at the station too. But unfortunately there's no train that leaves towards Hamburg Central Station after 11 o' clock. The next trains go around 5 o' clock in the morning. Even if I could get a train to
the Central Station, I'm still pretty far away from the town I live in (about an hour by train).
Sometimes I just hate the Deutsche Bahn. :)
The Dutch train network is pretty good actually. A lot of people complain about it, but those are the kind of people who start bitching at a conductor when there's a five minute delay. First off, five minutes means nothing to me, and where the hell do they get the idea a conductor can do anything about it? Since a few months three stations from the south are also connected to the night network (Eindhoven, Den Bosch and Tilburg) which is perfect as there's a lot of shows there. And as long as I manage to get back to Amsterdam, I'll get home.
Quote from: bathroom creep on August 01, 2008, 04:46:06 AM
The Stooges will be playing open-air here which is kinda cool too.
They're opening a new venue in Rotterdam over here. Saw them open-air two years ago, at the Dutch Lowlands festival.
didn't they play more on the last European tour?btw,two shows in Italy,24-25 September,Milan and Ravenna.i'd like to go to both
Yay, Melvins coming to Nottingham, just down the road from me! :D/ :D/ :D/
Quote from: Alex- on August 01, 2008, 06:48:12 AM
Quote from: norecess on August 01, 2008, 05:34:58 AM
Quote from: Alex- on August 01, 2008, 04:48:29 AM
Lucky germans, too bad they wont do more Dutch dates. Now I'll miss them
Why? You'll get home to Utrecht at least!
Problems at home.. Hopefully they will come back next year, I think they will. Or maybe they will add even more dates for this year. If I went to the Eindhoven show, I doubt it that I will get home. Porn is opening too, so the whole thing ends like 00:30 or even later.
That sucks about your problems at home, dude. I doubt they will be adding more dates this year, and I think they'll end a bit earlier actually. They will probably start in time, and Porn doesn't play longer than half an hour, and there's not much time in between BB and Melvins, and BB will probably play about a half an hour set, and the Melvins will play for about an hour I think. So my guess is it will be done around 11 pm, if not earlier.
(http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/gshap/l_713e48915a13284599aa7fd3e0d298e7.jpg)
coady making out in reno.
fucker.
My friend (who doesn't even like the Melvins) told me he's taping the show on Sunday that I'm going to. I'm gonna hit him up for a copy of it.
grumpy's tonight!!
i'll be wearing a white flipper t shirt, so say hi.
Quote from: cheeseburger on August 02, 2008, 01:24:23 PM
grumpy's tonight!!
i'll be wearing a white flipper t shirt, so say hi.
Woah! Youll be first to hear the new live cds! :shock:
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 02, 2008, 01:42:27 PM
Quote from: cheeseburger on August 02, 2008, 01:24:23 PM
grumpy's tonight!!
i'll be wearing a white flipper t shirt, so say hi.
Woah! Youll be first to hear the new live cds! :shock:
yep! and i'm pinchin' every penny for the fucker too.
Quote from: cheeseburger on August 02, 2008, 01:24:23 PM
grumpy's tonight!!
i'll be wearing a white flipper t shirt, so say hi.
I'll be there too
we're hangin out at our hotel right now drinkin 2$ beers.. haha this shows gonna be legendary cant wait to get that cd
:-D
I'm up tonight, ___---- should be there as well. I actually had trouble sleeping last night, it's like the night before Christmas!
I bet it was awesome last night
5 days and I'll be seeing them
its so funny. when the melvins tour, its like a two month version of christmas around here. :lol: enjoy it peeps, you're blessened!
man, im still thinking about the Seattle show last week!!!! one of the best EVER!!!
A gruesome tour-list in Europe, Melvins, this was a huge dissapointment. What's with all these gigs in obscure places in Austria and Switzerland? Not one gig in Scandinavia, and not a weekend-gig in a big city, easily reached by plane, on cheap tickets. Dublin is the only vagely large city, but it's not very central and you have to change planes via London > super-expensive. If this is it, it won't be any Melvins for me this time. Fuck!
Quote from: PAUL on August 03, 2008, 10:16:32 AM
I'm up tonight, ___---- should be there as well. I actually had trouble sleeping last night, it's like the night before Christmas!
:lol:
tonight is my night. I tossed and turned like a 6 year, 364 day old kid. giddy as all jehu.
I finally popped an adavan (which is unlike me) just to get some shut-eye before
santa MELVINS come tonight.
Quote from: glen on August 05, 2008, 08:17:08 AM
Quote from: PAUL on August 03, 2008, 10:16:32 AM
I'm up tonight, ___---- should be there as well. I actually had trouble sleeping last night, it's like the night before Christmas!
:lol:
tonight is my night. I tossed and turned like a 6 year, 364 day old kid. giddy as all jehu.
I finally popped an adavan (which is unlike me) just to get some shut-eye before santa MELVINS come tonight.
:D
dont know if this is mentioned yet
melvins and bb, troubador, la
aug 30 and 31st
http://www.troubadour.com/eventdetail.php?id=912
http://www.troubadour.com/eventdetail.php?id=913
South America 2008 Dates:
* September 04, 2008 Buenos Aires, Argentina - Niceto Club w/ Big Business
* September 06, 2008 Sao Paulo, Brazil - Via Funchal (Orloff Five Festival) w/ Big Business
... WHAT?! just two dates in South America, that's all? and what about Chile? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
missed boston tonight cause i'm 17, can't make northampton tomorrow. FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK.
Quote from: Alex- on August 10, 2008, 07:10:16 AM
Weird, I saw them when I was 16
yeah i saw them when i was 17.
Tickets are in the pocket!
Got my ticket! It says the show starts at 19:30, all the other shows seem to start around 21:00... isn't that kinda early?
just bought my ticket :D,mine says the show starts at 20.30
Yeah, maybe they have a proper reason to start at 19:30 here... nevertheless I wonder why.
Hey stallion, which of the two Italian shows will you be attending?
I'm buying my tickets tonight for the Nottingham UK gig, wooohooo.
I said Woooohooooo. :D
Quote from: bathroom creep on August 20, 2008, 10:22:42 AM
Yeah, maybe they have a proper reason to start at 19:30 here... nevertheless I wonder why.
Hey stallion, which of the two Italian shows will you be attending?
Milan 25 September (i live near Milan)although i'm thinking to go to see them also in Ravenna and in Zurich! :? put it in this way, "i'd like" to go to see them also in Ravenna and in Zurich :)
ps : the Melvins.net says the show in Milan is scheduled for 24 and in Ravenna 25,but it's the opposite