Less than 24 hours away. I won't be able to write an immediate review, but I'm someone will. Maybe I'll find access to a laptop and wireless after the show, but I doubt it.
Hanzy just texted me. said it was awesome. When you read this tomorrow man, sorry I didnt get back to you. I was a little tied up.
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 16, 2008, 11:25:22 PM
Hanzy just texted me. said it was awesome.
yeah yeah, me too me too.
just so you have the most current information...
he claims they played "matt-alec, snake appeal, set me straight, forgotten principals and 6 other songs".
really hope that someone has filmed the show,can't wait to see dale playing bass
Quote from: black stallion on June 17, 2008, 07:08:57 AM
really hope that someone has filmed the show,can't wait to see dale playing bass
supposedly hanzy was going to film it. he texted me at 6:30 am this morning. which makes it 3:30 am out in the west land. ouch! holmes was up late. it might be a while before he sees the light of day.
good news kiddies.
just got another text from hanzy.
he sez he's got a killer video of the show.
10 songs from mangled. jello's new band. then jelvins.
That sounds sweet.
Great ! Can`t wait.
I am with grim, cheese and Hanzy and all is well! The Dillard set was amazing!!
did they play track 5 from mangled demos ??
melvins 5 piece anyone?? coady, dale, dillard, buzz and jarhead?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote from: anaconda on June 17, 2008, 04:45:44 PM
melvins 5 piece anyone?? coady, dale, dillard, buzz and jarhead?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
No Coady
I'm aware of that, but humor me. :o
did he mention that adam jones was playing with melvins too? am i revealing too much? :shock:
melvins 6 piece anyone? 8)
Quote from: glen on June 17, 2008, 06:50:29 AM
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 16, 2008, 11:25:22 PM
Hanzy just texted me. said it was awesome.
yeah yeah, me too me too.
just so you have the most current information...
he claims they played "matt-alec, snake appeal, set me straight, forgotten principals and 6 other songs".
Wow I felt special for a sec.
You'll have to wait for the real smellis to receive his complete version of events... :lol:
Nah - just his better half posting some of his texts for him.............. :D
Quote from: Smellis on June 17, 2008, 07:14:43 PM
Nah - just his better half posting some of his texts for him.............. :D
heavy on the "better". :)
im WANT the tape !!!
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3266/2589605950_5b94f73699.jpg?v=0)
More here http://www.flickr.com/photos/raymondahner/, but no Melvins photos.
Goddamnit, I want a review!
wha??? no mumus??
Naked Rob review from gigposters:
"The show was pretty f***in' good! I got too see so many friends from all over the Bay Area and all in one place. The 1983 Melvins set was good. I thought they were pretty good for a band that hasn't played in 25 years. AKIMBO scared and delighted so many people. I think they have new fans in San Francisco now. TRICLOPS were crazy as usual. The Green Party Vice-President Matt Gonzalez came out to introduce Jello Biafra's band. Then, his band morphed into the Jelvins. I guess the bass and other guitar player in the Jelvins were the TOOL guys. I don't know, I'm not a fan of TOOL but, I am assuming. Overall, the whole night was great. The place was sold out, beer was flying around, the chicks were dressed to kill, the pit was sick and all the old people today are probably hurting. . . especially the bands. CHEERS!"
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 18, 2008, 01:55:38 PM
Quote from: glen on June 18, 2008, 01:32:48 PM
wha??? no mumus??
Yes!
why no love for the mumu's bUTTY?
as hard core a MELVINS fan as you are? you don't appreciate a MELVINS tradition?
Ever noticed that Buzz only wears the mumu when there's someone else wearing it? Like Jared. Or even Trevor Dunn.
When they played the 400 Blows benefit show he didn't wear one either, etc. But seriously, don't we all love the mumus?
By the way, a pic of Dale playing bass.
(http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/bathroomcreep/melvinsmangleddemosdalebass.png?t=1213818737)
Quote from: norecess on June 18, 2008, 10:01:14 AM
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3266/2589605950_5b94f73699.jpg?v=0)
More here http://www.flickr.com/photos/raymondahner/, but no Melvins photos.
Goddamnit, I want a review!
I checked that guys other photos and just saw wayyyy too much of someone from the Dwarves :-& Must have been cold during that set.
Quote from: PAUL on June 18, 2008, 05:35:22 PM
I checked that guys other photos and just saw wayyyy too much of someone from the Dwarves :-& Must have been cold during that set.
you refer to hewhocannotbenamed.
you obviously haven't seen a whole lot of dwarves shows. thats pretty much standard fair.
and dale doesn't look right standing next to buzz onstage with a bass guitar.
Quote from: PAUL on June 18, 2008, 05:35:22 PM
Quote from: norecess on June 18, 2008, 10:01:14 AM
More here http://www.flickr.com/photos/raymondahner/, but no Melvins photos.
I checked that guys other photos and just saw wayyyy too much of someone from the Dwarves :-& Must have been cold during that set.
:D
How about this? The Grannies they are called: http://www.flickr.com/photos/raymondahner/442146632/in/set-72157600040568423/
Quote from: norecess on June 18, 2008, 06:27:59 PM
Quote from: PAUL on June 18, 2008, 05:35:22 PM
Quote from: norecess on June 18, 2008, 10:01:14 AM
More here http://www.flickr.com/photos/raymondahner/, but no Melvins photos.
I checked that guys other photos and just saw wayyyy too much of someone from the Dwarves :-& Must have been cold during that set.
:D
How about this? The Grannies they are called: http://www.flickr.com/photos/raymondahner/442146632/in/set-72157600040568423/
ya these guy's are great! good SF rock.
although i think that broke up recently.
okeee.....JUST got home about 15 minutes ago. Not sure where to start.
I stayed with a buddy outside San Fran for a few days, drinking and catching up. Took the BART into Cheeseburgers place of business early Monday morning. I think I got there about 9:30. Had some delicious breakfast, and some beers. I ended up hanging out, drinking and bullshitting with Cheese until about 2:30. After that I took a taxi to the GAMH, and walked in to see Smellis, Dillard, Dale, Buzz, Adam Jones, Dillards cousin Dave, Raymond, and a few others. I took some video of the stage being setup, soundcheck, and other nonsense. I got to talk with Buzz, Dale, Dillard, Adam, and Senor Raymond for a while. At showtime, I set up in the upper left corner of the balcony. I filmed the Mangled set, which was 10 songs long. 20 minutes tops. Fucking amazing how good those old songs sounded on new gear and sound system. Really amazing. Dillard did a great job. He's been playing drums since the old days, so I knew he wouldn't have lost a beat, and he didn't. Dale was awesome on bass. Dude's fucking versatile. After that, some band I don't remember, who weren't bad, I just don't remember the name played. I didn't film them. Drunk Injuns were next, and I liked them. Filmed that set. Then Jello's new band ( The Axis of Merry Evildoers) came out for 30 minutes of new Jello stuff. The band was tight, and the songs were good. I like Jello, and his music, but I cannot stand his fans. 75% of those people were just retards. Annoying self rightous jackass's. Anyway, after 30 minutes, the rest of the guys come out, including Adam Jones. The Jelvins stuff was off the chart. The crowd was into it, the band was into it, and Jello put on a great show. Watching Buzz just get to sit back and play and not be frontman was cool too. You realize just how damn good he is as an all around guitar player. The finished th normal set with Uber Alles, then encored with the Lighter Side of Global Terrorism and Holiday in Cambodia. The crowd was fucking nuts....Great great great show. Afterwards I drank with Grim and his bro in their room, and Smellis and Dave showed up later for a few brews.
On to Tuesday night....Same Mangled set as the night before. Once again, they killed it. After that, Akimbo came out and was loud as fuck and heavy. I have a bit more appreciation for them as I couldn't really get into them before. Triclops was next, and they blew me away. I had never heard em before, and I loved it. The singer was a monster on the stage, diving into the crowd almost everysong, and at one point climbing up on some gear and diving off it into the crowd. Jello's band next again, and they were great like the night before. Then Jelvins.....and this nights show was through the roof. Crowd was apeshit from the get go. 5 seconds into it and beer was flying. Adam got tagged in the shoulder with a full beer right off the bat. Buzz almost got tagged with one, and the shit just kept flying. Crowd was crazy as hell the whole set. Stagedivers everywhere. At one point, Moss creamed a guy who wouldn't get off stage. Just grabbed his arm, swung him, and dropped him. Pretty funny to see. They finished wth the same songs as Monday night, plus one after Holiday In Cambodia I didn't recognize. ***EDIT*** Last song was Moon over Marin. I was floored and exhausted, and I was just in the balcony the whole show.
A few other points....I drank with Smellis and Dillards cousin Dave on Tuesday at Cheese's place. And a high school buddy of mine. After that I had some beer at a sushi place with a buddy while Smellis and Dave took off for Haight. Met em at the venue later, and I got my spot for filming. The second night I filmed everything. Moss creaming the guy, the stagediving, and crazy crowd is all on there.
Smellis and Dave were cool enough to let me crash in their room both nights. I slept in the closet. Seriously......Dave has pics of it.
Speaking of Dave and pics......He took almost 1000 pictures between the two nights.....If I get some, or Smellis does, the good ones will go up I'm sure.
Dillard said he thinks there is a really good chance he'll be at ATP for the Festival!
I know Grim and his brother took lots of pics too.....so we'll have to wait n see for those. By the way, Grim and his brother were both top notch nice guys.
I know there is more.....but I'm worn out......I'll post a set list after I get the transfer done and figure out some of the other songs.
asshole.
Thanks :)
A few more notes......No Melvins merch except for the 2005 Jello/Melvins shirts. They had the posters Tuesday night...
Jello's b-day cake on Monday night was a cake with a pic of Tipper Gore that said "No hard feelings from the PMRC" I think there's a pic of it Dave took.
Tuesday night Akimbo gave Jello a coffin shaped cake on stage and the crowd sang happy birthday.
Also, Buzz introduced the band as the 1983 Melvins. Matt Lukin on bass ( ha :) ), and Mike Dillard on drums. "Mike's finally out of prison, and won't be touching anymore kids" :lol:
Tuesday night he said they might think of writing new songs with the old linup! Not sure if he was kidding, but he seemed half serious.
Goddamn it's about time we got a review! (A good one at it too!) =D>
Sounded like a blast! Can't wait to see what unfolds from this...
This was on youtube.....not my video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2LqN-Oovr4&eurl=http://www.gigposters.com/forums/shows/64347-biafra-five-o-birthday-bash-3.html
This is from Tues night
Uber Alles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngc-rg402sY&feature=related
Holiday in Cambodia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBkSUwKWWqE&feature=related
Quote from: Sweet Intuition on June 18, 2008, 08:52:25 PM
Goddamn it's about time we got a review! (A good one at it too!) =D>
Sounded like a blast! Can't wait to see what unfolds from this...
sorry :)
I need to get a laptop I guess.
Here's the setlist
1. Walter
2. Forgotten Principles
3. If You Get Bored
4. Matt-Alec
5. Snake Appeal
6. The Real You
7. Run Around
8. Set Me Straight
9. I Don't Know
10. ?? ( This song was a Sunshine of Your Love riff with fast punky vocals and riffs that went back n forth. Maybe it sprang from something they used to jam on? It isn't on the Mangled Demo's)
The set was same both nights, with Buzz making introductions after Matt-Alec.
http://video.nbc11.com/player/?id=266755
Credit to Naked Rob's post on GP. Some footage from Monday night.
Actually I believe Adam J. got hit in the head, I was behind the girl who threw the cup. Both nights were off the hook though. The 1st night I saw a big fat dude in the pit and he trampled some poor guy, later that night he picked up a fellow and threw him on the people in front and then dude jumped off the stage. I was standing back watching this in awe. I'm surprised they didn't kick out the mofo. But yeah, the energy was intense both nights and will be stashed in my memory box.
Quote from: WeeNer on June 19, 2008, 12:06:00 AM
Actually I believe Adam J. got hit in the head, I was behind the girl who threw the cup. Both nights were off the hook though. The 1st night I saw a big fat dude in the pit and he trampled some poor guy, later that night he picked up a fellow and threw him on the people in front and then dude jumped off the stage. I was standing back watching this in awe. I'm surprised they didn't kick out the mofo. But yeah, the energy was intense both nights and will be stashed in my memory box.
Yea, I was just watching the video, and it grazed his head and shoulder. Who the fuck would throw a beer at the band they paid to see? I know, pointless question, but christ, it's so retarded.
That big dude your talking about was center stage in the pit with his back to the stage? I saw him just launch people over his head onto the crowd anytime someone in the pit got close to him. He tossed em like dolls.
Didn't know you were there Weener, would have said hi and talked with ya.
[/quote]Yea, I was just watching the video, and it grazed his head and shoulder. Who the fuck would throw a beer at the band they paid to see? I know, pointless question, but christ, it's so retarded.
That big dude your talking about was center stage in the pit with his back to the stage? I saw him just launch people over his head onto the crowd anytime someone in the pit got close to him. He tossed em like dolls.
Didn't know you were there Weener, would have said hi and talked with ya.
[/quote]
It's cool, I'm new to the board, so really don't know anybody here. I'll be attending most the upcoming shows though, like: Sac-town, Slim's, Modesto, and not too sure about Reno yet. So how do know all these musicians? That's pretty cool, I've met Buzz and Dale @ the Boardwalk quite a while back, they signed my Pigs of the Roman Empire cd. That's when that shit just came out.
And yeah, about that big dude(center stage), what an asswhipe.
Quote from: WeeNer on June 19, 2008, 12:35:49 AM
Yea, I was just watching the video, and it grazed his head and shoulder. Who the fuck would throw a beer at the band they paid to see? I know, pointless question, but christ, it's so retarded.
That big dude your talking about was center stage in the pit with his back to the stage? I saw him just launch people over his head onto the crowd anytime someone in the pit got close to him. He tossed em like dolls.
Didn't know you were there Weener, would have said hi and talked with ya.
[/quote]
. So how do know all these musicians?
And yeah, about that big dude(center stage), what an asswhipe.
[/quote]
I've been following the Melvins since about 1991. In that time I've been lucky enough to meet them over the years.
That guy in the pit is exactly why I don't go down front anymore.
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 18, 2008, 10:23:55 PM
Here's the setlist
1. Walter
2. Forgotten Principles
3. If You Get Bored
4. Matt-Alec
5. Snake Appeal
6. The Real You
7. Run Around
8. Set Me Straight
9. I Don't Know
10. ?? ( This song was a Sunshine of Your Love riff with fast punky vocals and riffs that went back n forth. Maybe it sprang from something they used to jam on? It isn't on the Mangled Demo's)
:D
great review,thanks Idle and can't wait for your video and for other pics( :shock: new songs with the old line up?!that would be fuckin great)
The Melvins can do anything they want!! And we'll love it!
The show was pretty f***in' good! I got too see so many friends from all over the Bay Area and all in one place. The 1983 Melvins set was good. I thought they were pretty good for a band that hasn't played in 25 years. AKIMBO scared and delighted so many people. I think they have new fans in San Francisco now. TRICLOPS were crazy as usual. The Green Party Vice-President Matt Gonzalez came out to introduce Jello Biafra's band. Then, his band morphed into the Jelvins. I guess the bass and other guitar player in the Jelvins were the TOOL guys. I don't know, I'm not a fan of TOOL but, I am assuming. Overall, the whole night was great. The place was sold out, beer was flying around, the chicks were dressed to kill, the pit was sick and all the old people today are probably hurting. . . especially the bands. Also, my buddy from NBC did this and it came out on the local news last night: http://video.nbc11.com/player/?id=266755 Cheers!
not sure if I've ever read a review that left me more pissed off for not being there.
thanks alot. you fuckers just ruined my day.
Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 08:12:48 AM
not sure if I've ever read a review that left me more pissed off for not being there.
thanks alot. you fuckers just ruined my day.
ya now i really wish i would have made it to at least one of the nights.
oh well.
Holy shit, thanks for the great review Hanz. You have a picture of you sleeping in a closet?!? :shock: You've got to release that show!!
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 19, 2008, 12:26:07 PM
Holy shit, thanks for the great review Hanz. You have a picture of you sleeping in a closet?!? :shock: You've got to release that show!!
Did you just use the words 'holy', 'shit' and 'release' in one sentence? Dangerous, very dangerous.
Its Glens fault.
Holy crap when I was down there my wife hijacked my avatar and started posting like she was me!! Naw, I told her to because I did not have access to a computer and she said people were asking how it was. Idle DID sleep in the closet, and in the morning he came "out of the closet" so to speak, and he was in the perfect city for it I guess......
The shows.......unbelieveable. The Mangled Demos sets were really great, mostly because Dillard is a great guy and it was so cool to get to see him up there with the band again. The dynamic between him, Buzz and Dale was really special. I am not very good with reviews and still feeling a bit rummy from the trip and Idle covered it very well in his.
I met Cheeseburger and he cooked some very good grub at his place of business, Zeitgeist. Thanks man, it was very good to meet you.
I have never had a better time at a Melvins show, it was an all around great experience. It was nice to see Grim and his brother too. Looking forward to the Seattle show and maybe Portland!
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Oh and here is something very funny. I was wearing my BBS shirt Tuesday night and I showed Buzz and Dale. I told Dale about how we decided to make the shirts and they were very limited and no one made money off them, etc. Dale thought it was cool and they both started calling me a stalker and flipping me shit for it. I showed Buzz the sleeve where it says "we are not a cult." He said that it should say, "We are a cult." They were just Joking around about it, I think they were OK with the shirts. I did feel like I should have brought one for them though :(
That's great! I wonder if they ever read the board? Then they'd know we're all stalkers :o
Um yeah, I'm pretty sure they know :wink: We're a bunch of Melvins nerds.
Quote from: anaconda on June 19, 2008, 06:02:19 AM
The Melvins can do anything they want!! And we'll love it!
Well, not anything..
(http://blogs.tampabay.com/juice/images/2007/06/18/tbdrosie061907.jpg)
Great setlist! They actually played 'Matt-Alec', 'I Don't Know' and 'Run Around', my favorites. Can't imagine how awesome it must have been. Nice reviews by the way.
Shows like these are the exact reason why I envy you people in the USA.
Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Think of it like, you want to take your wife to the ice cream shop, but you can't, but Hanz can, so Hanz takes your wife to the ice cream shop..what better guy to take your wife to the ice cream shop?!? :D
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Think of it like, you want to take your wife to the ice cream shop, but you can't, but Hanz can, so Hanz takes your wife to the ice cream shop..what better guy to take your wife to the ice cream shop?!? :D
I got her a banana split :P
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Think of it like, you want to take your wife to the ice cream shop, but you can't, but Hanz can, so Hanz takes your wife to the ice cream shop..what better guy to take your wife to the ice cream shop?!? :D
:lol:
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 19, 2008, 12:55:07 AM
I've been following the Melvins since about 1991. In that time I've been lucky enough to meet them over the years.
That guy in the pit is exactly why I don't go down front anymore.
Wow, since 1991, I was in 1st or 2nd grade back then. When the Melvins will be turning 25 I'll be turning 25. What a tripp.
If I'm liquored up enough I'll go to the pit, bad things happen though. Last Claypool show I was at, I lost my glasses, jacket and got kicked out by security. Good times though, good times.
Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Just think glen..you could of seen the Melvins/Jelvins sets AND seen your beloved Tigers play in the Bay.
Once in a lifetime.
8)
From WeeNer:
"Good times though, good times."
[/quote]
Speaking of Goodtimes, I met Richie Goodtimes, and he is a very good guy. I knew any friend of Moss would be a cool dude, and he is.
Quote from: Smellis on June 19, 2008, 08:48:53 PM
From WeeNer:
"Good times though, good times."
Speaking of Goodtimes, I met Richie Goodtimes, and he is a very good guy. I knew any friend of Moss would be a cool dude, and he is.
[/quote]What did he have to say?
Did you touch his beard???
did he waive his usual fee :lol:
:lol:
No I did not touch the beard and there were no sexual favors even though it WAS gay pride week or month or whatever. I will stand buy what I said about Richie. He's OK in my book and also did not say anything bad about the BBS or anyone on it. He is a lot different in person than he might appear on the board, although most of what he's said on here is just him F-ing around I think :o
of course, he's untouchable. any friend of moss..etc..
Yeah yeah I didn't forget to mention he's a friend os Moss :o :shock: Speaking of Moss, he had a sweet little dog with him that he just got. His name is Henry Kissinger I think, a purebred little pug and cute as hell. That dog owned the place 8)
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 19, 2008, 08:01:06 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Think of it like, you want to take your wife to the ice cream shop, but you can't, but Hanz can, so Hanz takes your wife to the ice cream shop..what better guy to take your wife to the ice cream shop?!? :D
I got her a banana split :P
i'll get her two scoops with fudge! :P
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 19, 2008, 08:51:43 PM
Quote from: Smellis on June 19, 2008, 08:48:53 PM
From WeeNer:
"Good times though, good times."
Speaking of Goodtimes, I met Richie Goodtimes, and he is a very good guy. I knew any friend of Moss would be a cool dude, and he is.
What did he have to say?
[/quote]
Yeah, I seen him walk by me with Dale a couple times. I was near the exit just in front of the bar. No ladybug outfit?
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 19, 2008, 08:01:06 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Think of it like, you want to take your wife to the ice cream shop, but you can't, but Hanz can, so Hanz takes your wife to the ice cream shop..what better guy to take your wife to the ice cream shop?!? :D
I got her a banana split :P
hey, wow. thanks alot guys. what is this, the "lets all shit on glen" thread?
so you're taking my wife out, fattening her up on ice cream, giving her a banana split :( and I'm supposed to be comforted by this somehow?
it started with "we all went to the show, best time ever!" and now its "we all worked over glen's wife as a favor to him."
the way I see it you people are responsible for at least 80% of my counseling bills.
Quote from: glen on June 20, 2008, 07:20:03 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 19, 2008, 08:01:06 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Think of it like, you want to take your wife to the ice cream shop, but you can't, but Hanz can, so Hanz takes your wife to the ice cream shop..what better guy to take your wife to the ice cream shop?!? :D
I got her a banana split :P
hey, wow. thanks alot guys. what is this, the "lets all shit on glen" thread?
so you're taking my wife out, fattening her up on ice cream, giving her a banana split :( and I'm supposed to be comforted by this somehow?
it started with "we all went to the show, best time ever!" and now its "we all worked over glen's wife as a favor to him."
the way I see it you people are responsible for at least 80% of my counseling bills.
Awwwww....I'm just funnin ya :)
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 20, 2008, 08:15:56 AM
Quote from: glen on June 20, 2008, 07:20:03 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 19, 2008, 08:01:06 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Think of it like, you want to take your wife to the ice cream shop, but you can't, but Hanz can, so Hanz takes your wife to the ice cream shop..what better guy to take your wife to the ice cream shop?!? :D
I got her a banana split :P
hey, wow. thanks alot guys. what is this, the "lets all shit on glen" thread?
so you're taking my wife out, fattening her up on ice cream, giving her a banana split :( and I'm supposed to be comforted by this somehow?
it started with "we all went to the show, best time ever!" and now its "we all worked over glen's wife as a favor to him."
the way I see it you people are responsible for at least 80% of my counseling bills.
Awwwww....I'm just funnin ya :)
He "funned" me over 2 weeks ago and I still wake up screaming in the middle of the night.
I didnt get any ice cream either.
Quote from: Dead Cowboy on June 20, 2008, 09:59:21 AM
I didnt get any ice cream either.
you don't look like my wife.
Here's some footage of Jello's new band playing a song I think is called "Meet your Master"? Not sure on the name, pretty cool song though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYz6KZ65A9U
a recording of the show is on Dime now:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=201908
More photos:
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=melvins&w=8232626%40N05
(http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/bathroomcreep/2594084944_6ef49a49c6_b.png?t=1214064482)
(http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/bathroomcreep/2594084946_b1968a2d12_b.png?t=1214064482)
(http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/bathroomcreep/2594084954_7e160bce3c_b.png?t=1214064485)
(http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/bathroomcreep/2594136582_e7124afe66_b.png?t=1214064485)
My Monday & Tuesday night sleeping quarters.
(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/idlehanz/Melvins7128.jpg)
nice, looks comfy idle!!! where was the show at?
looks like even in your drunken state you thought enough to lay down a nice nest of pillows before hitting the floor. well thought out.
Quote from: glen on June 24, 2008, 06:49:33 AM
looks like even in your drunken state you thought enough to lay down a nice nest of pillows before hitting the floor. well thought out.
Yea, Smellis and Dave were kind enough to give me a few pillows. Otherwise I'd have really been sore in the morning.
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 18, 2008, 10:23:55 PM
Here's the setlist
1. Walter
2. Forgotten Principles
3. If You Get Bored
4. Matt-Alec
5. Snake Appeal
6. The Real You
7. Run Around
8. Set Me Straight
9. I Don't Know
10. ?? ( This song was a Sunshine of Your Love riff with fast punky vocals and riffs that went back n forth. Maybe it sprang from something they used to jam on? It isn't on the Mangled Demo's)
The set was same both nights, with Buzz making introductions after Matt-Alec.
Just talked to Dillard....The last song was a cover from an old Seattle band called March of Crimes. There was no title for it. Mike said they just threw it in there for no reason.
(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/crover/Melvins1135.jpg)
Quote from: Smellis on June 25, 2008, 08:52:13 PM
(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/crover/Melvins1135.jpg)
aha!
Nice pic, thanks. Glad I got the rest of the setlist correct.
BTW Smellis, Forkboy is a Lard cover. Just some fyi.
So, from now on I'll refer to Bang My Head as Matt Alec then.
What "old Seattle band" Idle?
March of Crimes, this page containes some nice information.
Wasnt March of Crimes Ben Sheperds original band? I remember him saying Jello liked the name.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Shepherd#March_of_Crimes