Jello 5-oh Monday night

Started by Idlehanz, June 16, 2008, 01:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Naked Rob

The show was pretty f***in' good! I got too see so many friends from all over the Bay Area and all in one place. The 1983 Melvins set was good. I thought they were pretty good for a band that hasn't played in 25 years. AKIMBO scared and delighted so many people. I think they have new fans in San Francisco now. TRICLOPS were crazy as usual. The Green Party Vice-President Matt Gonzalez came out to introduce Jello Biafra's band. Then, his band morphed into the Jelvins. I guess the bass and other guitar player in the Jelvins were the TOOL guys. I don't know, I'm not a fan of TOOL but, I am assuming. Overall, the whole night was great. The place was sold out, beer was flying around, the chicks were dressed to kill, the pit was sick and all the old people today are probably hurting. . . especially the bands. Also, my buddy from NBC did this and it came out on the local news last night: http://video.nbc11.com/player/?id=266755 Cheers!
Naked Rob
RADIO VALENCIA 87.9FM
www.radiovalencia.fm
Tuesdays 4-6PM (PST)
San Francisco, California

glen

not sure if I've ever read a review that left me more pissed off for not being there.
thanks alot.  you fuckers just ruined my day.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

cheeseburger

Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 08:12:48 AM
not sure if I've ever read a review that left me more pissed off for not being there.
thanks alot.  you fuckers just ruined my day.

ya now i really wish i would have made it to at least one of the nights.
oh well.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Holy shit, thanks for the great review Hanz.  You have a picture of you sleeping in a closet?!?  :shock:  You've got to release that show!!
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

norecess

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 19, 2008, 12:26:07 PM
Holy shit, thanks for the great review Hanz.  You have a picture of you sleeping in a closet?!?  :shock:  You've got to release that show!!

Did you just use the words 'holy', 'shit' and 'release' in one sentence? Dangerous, very dangerous.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Smellis

Holy crap when I was down there my wife hijacked my avatar and started posting like she was me!! Naw, I told her to because I did not have access to a computer and she said people were asking how it was. Idle DID sleep in the closet, and in the morning he came "out of the closet" so to speak, and he was in the perfect city for it I guess......

The shows.......unbelieveable. The Mangled Demos sets were really great, mostly because Dillard is a great guy and it was so cool to get to see him up there with the band again. The dynamic between him, Buzz and Dale was really special. I am not very good with reviews and still feeling a bit rummy from the trip and Idle covered it very well in his.

I met Cheeseburger and he cooked some very good grub at his place of business, Zeitgeist. Thanks man, it was very good to meet you.

I have never had a better time at a Melvins show, it was an all around great experience. It was nice to see Grim and his brother too. Looking forward to the Seattle show and maybe Portland!
"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

glen

I don't want to read this thread anymore.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Smellis

Oh and here is something very funny. I was wearing my BBS shirt Tuesday night and I showed Buzz and Dale. I told Dale about how we decided to make the shirts and they were very limited and no one made money off them, etc. Dale thought it was cool and they both started calling me a stalker and flipping me shit for it. I showed Buzz the sleeve where it says "we are not a cult." He said that it should say, "We are a cult." They were just Joking around about it, I think they were OK with the shirts.  I did feel like I should have brought one for them though   :(
"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

anaconda

That's great! I wonder if they ever read the board? Then they'd know we're all stalkers  :o

Smellis

Um yeah, I'm pretty sure they know  :wink:   We're a bunch of Melvins nerds.
"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: anaconda on June 19, 2008, 06:02:19 AM
The Melvins can do anything they want!! And we'll love it!
Well, not anything..

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

bathroom creep

Great setlist! They actually played 'Matt-Alec', 'I Don't Know' and 'Run Around', my favorites. Can't imagine how awesome it must have been. Nice reviews by the way.

Shows like these are the exact reason why I envy you people in the USA.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Think of it like, you want to take your wife to the ice cream shop, but you can't, but Hanz can, so Hanz takes your wife to the ice cream shop..what better guy to take your wife to the ice cream shop?!?  :D
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Idlehanz

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: glen on June 19, 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I don't want to read this thread anymore.
Think of it like, you want to take your wife to the ice cream shop, but you can't, but Hanz can, so Hanz takes your wife to the ice cream shop..what better guy to take your wife to the ice cream shop?!?  :D
I got her a banana split  :P