KING BUZZO'S TOP TEN

Started by blacksanta, December 13, 2003, 05:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GatesOfDelirium

Quote from: Anonymous
Quote from: TOOLEponymous is spot-on right.  With the Pistols and the rest of punk music, it was about the raw energy and power of the music.  It was almost like having an orgasm.  The feeling was unbelieveable.

Yeah, some of the bands couldn't play their instruments very well, but they got the feeling across anyway and isn't that what music is all about?  I saw the Pistols very last show at Winterland in SF and halfway through the show they unplugged Sid Vicious's bass.  He was so fucked-up he fell down 2 times that I counted and said some hilarious things between songs ("you hit me in the head but it didn't hurt a bit so tough shit").  But the feeling was still there in the music!

I'll never forget Johnny Rotten's last words that night:

"Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

With that, he walked offstage.  What an ending to a show & a band.

BTW, the last song they ever played was No Fun.

Well, you guys can be best friends then. I hate punk music and will never see any merit in playing guitar horribly just to "get the feeling across."

FartLips

Quote from: HogThey aren't on the list ...

where are they ?
thats probably your answer right there.

and for gates:  why do you post in a forum for a band for whom its main influences are punk.  go back to your 5th note arpeggios,thx.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Kurva

Anonymous

Yngwie rules! :) I haven't seen him in person yet, but own several of his videos. Say what you want about his music, but he truly does put FEELING into every note he plays, even if it's at 250 bmp.

But, you guys can like what you like. I don't want a big fuss about it. I like the Melvins. If their influences are punk, so be it.

GatesOfDelirium

Quote from: AnonymousYngwie rules! :) I haven't seen him in person yet, but own several of his videos. Say what you want about his music, but he truly does put FEELING into every note he plays, even if it's at 250 bmp.

But, you guys can like what you like. I don't want a big fuss about it. I like the Melvins. If their influences are punk, so be it.

Blah. That's me. This board needs "Members Only" on the boards. :)

TOOL

Come on now, let's all be nice.  Face it, we ALL like some bands that other people here hate.  Sure, some of these bands suck to me, but thats just my opinion.  Untill Bush completes his plan, we're all allowed to like what we like.

BUT, I wouldn't recommend using this forum to expand on the virtues of Fleetwood Mac's Rumors.

That's unnatural.

I bet theres a few of you out there that own it though.
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

FartLips

love the Mac, baby!

especially the coked up whore who wears doilies and dinner napkins.
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

anaconda

"You can go your own way" <-----CLASSIC RADIO SONG

TOOL

anaconda,

What do you mean by your post?  You like the song, you're just messing around or what?

I'm not bothered by it or think you're an idiot if you like it.  Just curious.   I think we all have  something in our musical closet.

I'm going to start a new post about this.
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

anaconda

i just remember being really young and my mom played that
and joni mitchell's Blue all the time, now when its on classic radio
at work or something it tweeks my heart strings a bit, oddly.
eventhough i'm a rough tough punk metal maniac i have a heart too.

TOOL

That warms the cockles of my heart!

No problem man.  I'm looking at my stuff now.  Yeah, some of it I probably will never play again but there may be a song or 2 on most of them that I remember fondly and can't get rid of.

anaconda

i actually bought that culture club vinyl becuz the
b-side was dub bass instrumentals by mikey craig
their bass player.

FartLips

Quote from: anacondai actually bought that culture club vinyl becuz the
their bass player.
sorry to hear that. :wink:  :D

Eponymous

Quote from: anacondai actually bought that culture club vinyl becuz the
their bass player.
And are you glad you did?

Vcavallo

Quote from: TOOLThat warms the cockles of my heart!

i read this as "cookies" of my heart.  which i like.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo