guilty by association

Started by bonzo, September 06, 2009, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mesteren

Dale:
- recorded as "Mork Hotel" for a Slap A Ham comp.
- played with the band Gashly Snub (feat. Mackie) for a comp. called A Slice of Lemon.
- played with Plainfield.
- produced the first 7" by Billy Andersons band Spilth.
- was somehow involved in Tweak Bird as well.
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.


black stallion

there're so many things i didn't know :(
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: Mesteren on September 07, 2009, 09:29:19 AM
Dale was somehow involved in Tweak Bird as well.

The ReservationsCD/LP is a Deaf Nephews production. ( Dale & Toshi)

norecess

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on September 07, 2009, 11:32:48 AM
Quote from: Mesteren on September 07, 2009, 09:29:19 AM
Dale was somehow involved in Tweak Bird as well.

The ReservationsCD/LP is a Deaf Nephews production. ( Dale & Toshi)

yeah but i believe dale added some guitar parts on some songs.

speaking of which, didnt dale play guitar on one of the bb tour ep's, the second one perhaps?

EVILSTACK

Going by the list of acts associated with i'd say Mr Joe Preston has had a really great list of bandly achievements. I mean just look....

Thrones
High On Fire
Sunn O)))
Earth
Harvey Milk

PrickHonky

Quote from: Mesteren on September 07, 2009, 09:29:19 AM
Dale:
- recorded as "Mork Hotel" for a Slap A Ham comp.
- played with the band Gashly Snub (feat. Mackie) for a comp. called A Slice of Lemon.
- played with Plainfield.
- produced the first 7" by Billy Andersons band Spilth.
- was somehow involved in Tweak Bird as well.

Dale and Mackie playing together?? Cool, but had no idea she was a musician. What does she play or does she sing?
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

nickoctane

I think I've seen her play bass. Was the name of the band Hovercraft? I can't remember.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: nickoctane on September 07, 2009, 10:51:02 PM
I think I've seen her play bass. Was the name of the band Hovercraft? I can't remember.
???  Hovercraft toured with the melvins a while ago, I think they're related somehow to pearl jam, maybe vedder's wife plays in it?   I don't recall Mackie playing with them.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Like Stee

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 07, 2009, 10:52:39 PM
Quote from: nickoctane on September 07, 2009, 10:51:02 PM
I think I've seen her play bass. Was the name of the band Hovercraft? I can't remember.
???  Hovercraft toured with the melvins a while ago, I think they're related somehow to pearl jam, maybe vedder's wife plays in it?   I don't recall Mackie playing with them.
Hovercraft was Eddie Vedder's OTHER band with his wife and some other people.  They were openers for Watt (along w/ Foo Fighters on their first tour) on the Ball Hog Or Tug Boat Tour.  As far as I know Mackie has nothing to do with that band.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Smoghler

Quote from: norecess on September 07, 2009, 04:31:43 AM
what's the difference between members and people who have worked the melvins? do you mean producers, or also part time members? (why not make it a complete list, right? maybe something for the wiki?)

Yep, add Cameron Jamie, and all the artists from the Neither Here Nor There book. Good Luck  :D

About Mackie: Didn't once some one on the board mentioned Mackie playing percussion on one of the Stag tracks (Lacrimosa?)?
"They were playing guitars and getting loud and they spilled beer on Jesus" (Daniel Johnston)

FartLips

Quote from: Like Stee on September 08, 2009, 12:45:18 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 07, 2009, 10:52:39 PM
Quote from: nickoctane on September 07, 2009, 10:51:02 PM
I think I've seen her play bass. Was the name of the band Hovercraft? I can't remember.
???  Hovercraft toured with the melvins a while ago, I think they're related somehow to pearl jam, maybe vedder's wife plays in it?   I don't recall Mackie playing with them.
Hovercraft was Eddie Vedder's OTHER band with his wife and some other people.  They were openers for Watt (along w/ Foo Fighters on their first tour) on the Ball Hog Or Tug Boat Tour.  As far as I know Mackie has nothing to do with that band.
yep. i saw that. decent.
Judy is mad.🤣

norecess

Quote from: Smoghler on September 08, 2009, 01:52:47 AM
About Mackie: Didn't once some one on the board mentioned Mackie playing percussion on one of the Stag tracks (Lacrimosa?)?

yeah, might have been in a mark d interview, but i remember reading that as well.

(the) Razor

Wasn't dale meant to be doing drums on some pop type album or maybe it was like PJ Harvey's a few years ago now, I think I read this somewhere...but the producers turned down the recording because it was "too heavy".
Don't click this

norecess

oh wait, dale played on peeping tom of course.