Your Melvins History...

Started by Fishheadphil, December 05, 2012, 04:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

(the) flutter nuts

i have only heard of them until i was in grade 9, i traded and old Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids demo for Nirvana outcesticide 3 , buddy put on Honey Bucket and Sky Pup at the end of the tape, that moment blew my mind!!! ever since i was hooked no looking back , everyone i knew was getting into Korn and all that shit i just soaked in the Melvins.
I got the shits real bad.



JUDY

A long time ago. At your mom's house.

Melvins stole my soul and have been my favorite band ever since.


(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: JUDY on December 06, 2012, 12:48:05 PM
A long time ago. At your mom's house.

Melvins stole my soul and have been my favorite band ever since.

Best story ever!!!
I got the shits real bad.



(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: pinkyslim on December 06, 2012, 12:53:13 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 06, 2012, 12:20:52 PM
Marilyn Manson

:shock: :lol: :merde: :cobain:

Marilyn Manson sucks ass hard, but that old Spooky Kids shit i fucking love!!!  and keep in mind that was a long time ago
I got the shits real bad.



Luciditypro

I found out about them through Nirvana (oh, how original), looked them up on Youtube and listened to "The Talking Horse" and "A History of Bad Men". Been hooked ever since, my first album that I got from them was Ozma/Gluey Porch Treatments, and it was at that point that I really got in to them.
"I don't get it.  It's pretty simple to reason out what happened.  El Duce blackmailed Neil Armstrong into murdering Cobain lest he release photos of Armstrong pulling the trigger on JFK.

Why you ask?  Because Cobain was secretly banging Bin Laden, El Duce's lover." -U5x Danny

anaconda

I inherited (stole) my older brother's Melvins cassette collection when
he went off to college in the early 90's. I've been a believer ever since.

glen

Quote from: JUDY on December 06, 2012, 12:48:05 PM
A long time ago. At your mom's house.

Melvins stole my soul and have been my favorite band ever since.

MELVINS stole your soul at my mom's place?  that bitch!  what the hell has she been keeping from her baby boy?!?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

spunkmonkey

Too long ago to remember.  Probably 22ish years ago, and I'm sure Glen was involved.

jules

Quote from: spunkmonkey on December 06, 2012, 03:30:30 PM
Too long ago to remember.  Probably 22ish years ago, and I'm sure Glen was involved.
:shock:

Oh, that's a relief. We're in the Melvins section. I thought this was the 'when did you lose your virginity' thread.   :oops:

jonE5

I was a huge Mr Bungle/Mike Patton fan.. Bought the first Fantomas album, it blew my mind. I look at the line up and the only member of the four I didn't know was Buzz.. I realize he is from that band that I had heard about (But never heard) for years  I picked up a few albums and was Immediately in love.. Then I saw them live and was totally obsessed 

dead mike

Similar story. I got into Bungle in college. Then I heard Patton was guesting on an album by a band called the melvins. I've said it before and I'll say it again: cynical demographic cross-marketing is the voodoo magic of consumption-based capitalism!

deatheats

Mr. Bungle -> Fantomas -> Gluey Porch Treatments -> Melvins live w/ Mudhoney opening -> Melvins Addict

Diasetttix

My group of friends had been waiting for the new Nirvana record for what had seemed like an eternity, so on the day In Utero came out we all skipped school went down to the river bottom and took mushrooms, drank beer, smoked pot, and listened to it. Somebody had bought Houdini and by the time we cranked that on somebody's car stereo everybody had a pretty good buzz going. As soon as I heard Hooch I knew I had found the perfect band. Heavy, but so not stoopid. Night Goat only confirmed it, Melvins slayed us all. Then the cops came and through my buddy who was right fucked on shrooms in jail for having warrants. He is the only one who never got into Snivlem.
nothingnothingnothingnothingnothingnothingZERO

Stonergrunge

Quote from: jules on December 06, 2012, 03:52:55 PM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on December 06, 2012, 03:30:30 PM
Too long ago to remember.  Probably 22ish years ago, and I'm sure Glen was involved.
:shock:

Oh, that's a relief. We're in the Melvins section. I thought this was the 'when did you lose your virginity' thread.   :oops:

LOL
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.