The Melvins related art of Walsby

Started by anaconda, July 03, 2013, 09:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

homeless_dad

Quote from: Buick on August 03, 2013, 07:18:19 PM
How difficult is it to add or substitute the band into every subject under the sun?
Yeah, I do that kind of art work all the time.  Walsby's a hack. 
and when is Buzz quitting the Melvins so they can be good again for the first time? [-(

Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
I like you Buick
You're a good man, Conda.
Is Ian back yet??

Grayfro

Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
I like you Buick, but what an ignorant comment. Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.
Sure he's referencing stuff that already exists but I think his strength is being able to
parody and pay homage to those things we've all seen a million times with nothing more
than a piece of paper, his markers and an unbridled imagination. Not many people can do
that and make a living at it, like he continues to do.

=D>

jonE5

I got this one at the Boston show. Freakin love it




Buick GN

Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
I like you Buick, but what an ignorant comment. Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.
Sure he's referencing stuff that already exists but I think his strength is being able to
parody and pay homage to those things we've all seen a million times with nothing more
than a piece of paper, his markers and an unbridled imagination. Not many people can do
that and make a living at it, like he continues to do.

Hiya 'conda.

I respect your opinion, & I'm good w/ agreeing to disagree. I'm simply not a fan of the reluctant king's current lazy shtick. I'm surrounded by similar images monthly, thanks to two coworkers. I respect the talent, but not the rehashed, repetitive process. To each his own & kudos to Wals if hoarding fan boys are lining his pocket$.

Mints

Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.

Pardon my hesitation in believing that. If it's true I'm beyond impressed.

Dumpster D

Quote from: Buick on August 04, 2013, 11:38:28 AM
Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
I like you Buick, but what an ignorant comment. Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.
Sure he's referencing stuff that already exists but I think his strength is being able to
parody and pay homage to those things we've all seen a million times with nothing more
than a piece of paper, his markers and an unbridled imagination. Not many people can do
that and make a living at it, like he continues to do.

Hiya 'conda.

I respect your opinion, & I'm good w/ agreeing to disagree. I'm simply not a fan of the reluctant king's current lazy shtick. I'm surrounded by similar images monthly, thanks to two coworkers. I respect the talent, but not the rehashed, repetitive process. To each his own & kudos to Wals if hoarding fan boys are lining his pocket$.

Thats a little on the Cynical Side...whats eatin you anyway man.. :?


jonE5

Quote from: jules on August 05, 2013, 10:42:45 AM
8)



I was REALLY hoping to grab some of those at the Boston show. Asked Brian directly.. No Luck.

Metalhead Cow


tinnitus photo


anaconda


homeless_dad

Is Ian back yet??

John Schuller

Quote from: Buick on August 04, 2013, 11:38:28 AM
Quote from: anaconda on August 03, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
I like you Buick, but what an ignorant comment. Walsby has a photographic memory
and he can recreate any album cover or movie poster on the spot at the drop of a hat.
Sure he's referencing stuff that already exists but I think his strength is being able to
parody and pay homage to those things we've all seen a million times with nothing more
than a piece of paper, his markers and an unbridled imagination. Not many people can do
that and make a living at it, like he continues to do.

Hiya 'conda.

I respect your opinion, & I'm good w/ agreeing to disagree. I'm simply not a fan of the reluctant king's current lazy shtick. I'm surrounded by similar images monthly, thanks to two coworkers. I respect the talent, but not the rehashed, repetitive process. To each his own & kudos to Wals if hoarding fan boys are lining his pocket$.

Sounds more like a problem with your job? Get different co-workers.

Hot Pants

the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

anaconda

Dale as Ray Manzarek! Buzz as Robby Krieger! Brilliant!!!