melvins cage match

Started by Afterbirthmilkshake, November 22, 2014, 11:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

After listening to both songs, which song is better?

Boris
10 (90.9%)
Bitten into sympathy
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: November 29, 2014, 11:35:31 AM

Afterbirthmilkshake

On a local radio station near Stl there is a thing called the cage match.  It usually consists of voters choosing between two songs.  Recently I have been listing to my ipod song list from a-z.  I decided that this format allows me to hear individual songs without the usual context .  I thought it would be fun to start between two melvins songs. I guess we can start in the b's

(the) Razor

Boris is like the Julius Caesar of heavy songs, there's no bigger reputation - maybe should've started by matching a song in the same class as Bitten Into Sympathy for it to be a fair match.  :lol:
Don't click this

DAYSTAR

Tobias

Why start with B? Why not A? At A Crawl
Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

anaconda

Satchel Paige

musicismyradar

This isn't fair.
I mean it's Boris, a.k.a. Numero Uno Sludgero Epicero.
Bitten Into Sympathy is a great song, but...

I don't even...
:cobain:

Captain CoryCory

The minute I seen Melvins Cage Match I just imagined a wrestling match with either...

a) a bunch of up-and-coming bassists

or

b) All previous Melvins bassists

There's a contract hung above the ring for a one-album deal with the Melvins which can only be obtained by a ladder.

The Melvins in the Bank match.

Afterbirthmilkshake

Quote from: anaconda on November 25, 2014, 09:19:42 AM
At The Stake -vs- Anaconda

I started with b because I thought it was funny.  I like at the stake vs Anaconda.  We should try it next. 

meezer

Why not brackets, like March Madness™?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Afterbirthmilkshake

Because I'm not smart enough to figure out how that would work.  But if you can fugue it out. I think it sounds awsome.

meezer

Quote from: Afterbirthmilkshake on November 28, 2014, 12:32:14 AM
Because I'm not smart enough to figure out how that would work.  But if you can fugue it out. I think it sounds awsome.
Thanks for tasking me with this.
Here's what I can do, based on my knowledge and experience with computers.
I can draw it up on typing paper with a sharpie, take a picture of it with my phone,
post it as an attachment (which less than 1% of anyone will actually click on), there you go.
Multimedia. PowerPoint. Presentation.  :lol:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

homeless_dad

Quote from: meezer on November 28, 2014, 05:18:11 AM
Quote from: Afterbirthmilkshake on November 28, 2014, 12:32:14 AM
Thanks for tasking me with this.
Here's what I can do, based on my knowledge and experience with computers.
I can draw it up on typing paper with a sharpie, take a picture of it with my phone,
post it as an attachment (which less than 1% of anyone will actually click on), there you go.
Multimedia. PowerPoint. Presentation.  :lol:
That's too computery.  Photocopy and mail them out!
Done!
Is Ian back yet??

Buzzinthebox

"This is America. I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian." - Stephen Colbert

meezer