Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 21, 2016, 05:02:29 PM

yeah sure, come 'round the back man; door's open

That's what she said  :ohsnap:

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: deatheats on April 21, 2016, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 21, 2016, 05:02:29 PM

yeah sure, come 'round the back man; door's open

That's what she said  :ohsnap:

I was gonna tell ya to wipe your feet on the way in ... did she tell ya that too?
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

deatheats

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 21, 2016, 05:34:05 PM
I was gonna tell ya to wipe your feet on the way in ... did she tell ya that too?

Her mouth was busy with other things.   :^o

POOP GRENADE

This could be a different question if you were to ask: Who's the better live player?

Pinkus was badass last summer.

Stevie not so much.. he should give up those leg kicks on stage.

meezer

Leg kicks rule. Hand kicks, too.  :lol:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

spliff(TONE)

Quote from: POOP GRENADE on April 23, 2016, 12:23:39 PM
This could be a different question if you were to ask: Who's the better live player?

Pinkus was badass last summer.

Stevie not so much.. he should give up those leg kicks on stage.
I feel basically opposite as you do about these two. Pinkus was easily my least favorite bassist I've seen perform with The Melvins while McDonald is in my top 3 (Warren, Rutmanis, McDonald).

meezer

This is kind of remarkable. Pinkus stock was so high just last summer and now it's falling so fast. I saw Pinkus 4 times. I think I even saw his first show with the band. That night, he was pretty sloppy. He hadn't seemed to gel with the band yet. The next 3 times I saw him, much, much better. Maybe that's what Poop Grenade encountered with Steven? Who knows? Maybe I'm talking out my ass?  :D
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Ron Maiden

I'm not a fan of Steve live. I find it hokey and distracting from the live experience. i want to be blown away by the sound and spontaneous intensity. I don't want my eyes to constantly go back to watching him mess around. I passed on the last Detroit show at El Club.

my three Melvins bassists are
Kevin, Mark and Jared.

))))((((

Kevin, Mark and Trevor for me!

John Schuller

Steven is #1, followed by Mark at #2, then Kevin at #3. I think these are the three bassists that have added the most to the sound of the Melvins while helping to re-invent the band with their addition.

But I still love the rest of them too! And Jared's tone. C'mon that tone rules.

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(the) Razor

Kevin was a Melvin. The others are and always will be guest Melvins.
Don't click this

))))((((

Quote from: (the) Razor on September 20, 2017, 06:30:37 AM
Kevin was a Melvin. The others are and always will be guest Melvins.
In a way i agree with you there but at the same time i still wonder what you mean by that. Was Kevin in the band when you got into them maybe? Could that be why? I mean Jared was on bass longer than Kevin was. If we're talking duration of course.

(the) Razor

For me its because Kevin was a total outcast, unique player and lovable weirdo. They're all the epitome of the Melvins.

The newer bassists just seem like guest appearances and they are that as much as buzz admits to not wanting a bassist anymore.

It doesn't really matter to me who's best or longest or what have you. I don't know, for me it's just Kevin was so perfect a fit for the band.
Don't click this