last relevant melvins release...

Started by give up, September 11, 2018, 03:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimReaper

Quote from: deatheats on September 13, 2018, 03:14:28 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on September 13, 2018, 03:03:53 PM
Even though there are some releases i don't really like, i agree with you, it's still ALWAYS fun and exciting to have NEW Melvins albums. Sometimes i lose sight of that whenever a new one disappoints me, but really it's just great to be able to hear this stuff. To think about it and discuss it. I welcome something over nothing every damn time.

Yup!

Melvins World Ambassador, spreading the message since 2018.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: give up on September 13, 2018, 12:26:50 PM
Quote from: dwr budr on September 12, 2018, 11:24:04 PM
Bigger audience.  Bigger paychecks. ...man, you should toss that opinion out during the next Melvins show at the Aquarium in Fargo North Dakota. While they are loading their own equipment up in rented vans hoping to make it to Souix Falls in time to get some sleep at the next Motel 8. It's cool to have an opinion...I'm glad you are at least talking about the melvins. Just try and make the shit you sling a little more well thought out. Put them down proper!! Make the shit talk funny!!

north dakota  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp7OAMqayqQ&list=PLq0fPLgECPHbN7kaFjCxarYoffnDqFERH

https://youtu.be/_2UL794o32M

Quote from: give up on September 11, 2018, 04:49:13 PM
funning you say that...starting a band called Prius Driver.

Dudes from CROM/TITD/TRAPPIST/soft cell and 400 blows.

Crom? 400 Blows? TITD? Hopefully that ain't no joke 'cause that's some shit hot pedigree right there y'all.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on September 14, 2018, 06:42:45 PM

Crom? 400 Blows? TITD? Hopefully that ain't no joke 'cause that's some shit hot pedigree right there y'all.
Would be nice if it happened. Check out Trappist as well, with Chris Dodge!

p.s. Soft Cell??   :buzz:
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 14, 2018, 07:04:51 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on September 14, 2018, 06:42:45 PM

Would be nice if it happened. Check out Trappist as well, with Chris Dodge!

p.s. Soft Cell??   :buzz:

Yeah I knew that was Dodge's new jam ... have yet to hear anything by 'em tho ... good brew tho them Trappists make.

400 Blows ... great band, great flick ...

https://youtu.be/V0Uttolr-h8

https://youtu.be/i89oN8v7RdY

"Way back in the day 400 Blows played in my bedroom, that was pretty sweet"  -  John Dwyer
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on September 14, 2018, 07:11:55 PM

"Way back in the day 400 Blows played in my bedroom, that was pretty sweet"  -  John Dwyer
Wow, nice.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

ZILLA

Not PAT that shit was weak, phoned in, uninspired and gay +5.
########################################################################################################

black stallion

Quote from: ZILLA on September 14, 2018, 10:40:55 PM
Not PAT that shit was weak, phoned in, uninspired and gay +5.

melvins is gay!  :P
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

GrimReaper

herb wilkinson

meezer

Quote from: GrimReaper on September 15, 2018, 05:20:14 PM
Dale Crover Band covered Flamboyant Duck in LA and the result was pure magic.

PAT kicks ass, admit it.
So jelly!
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

snack

While the Bulls and Bees was the last album I enjoyed front to back, I don't think the albums that have been released since are non-relevant. They are moving in a direction away from my personal taste is all. The most relevant thing a band can do is to release music that is an honest representation of who they are, and what they're in to. Buzz and Dale have always been into classic rock stuff, and now that they are collaborating with a couple of bass players who are also into classic rock, that sound is becoming more prevalent. Makes sense really. Talking horses for courses.

Speaking of Fargo, I went to the show at the Aquarium here a couple of months ago. They packed the place, rocked the house, and sold lots of merch. Pretty sure Steve and the 2 roadies (Gareth and the dude from Isis...Bryant?) carried most of the gear.

Scene from Steven's job interview for the Melvins:

Steve: I'm gonna act like I'm in 1980's Motley Crue
Buzz and Dale: Ok, but you have to carry all of the heavy stuff

the bloat

I cherish every Melvins album. I'm always wondering what's coming next!

I'm not sure they were ever relevant. Maybe for a few minutes in the early 90s. But that's not why any of us listen to them. Who fuckin' cares?!

meezer

Quote from: the bloat on September 16, 2018, 10:11:58 PM
I cherish every Melvins album. I'm always wondering what's coming next!

I'm not sure they were ever relevant. Maybe for a few minutes in the early 90s. But that's not why any of us listen to them. Who fuckin' cares?!
+1
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

Dick Snot

Senile Animal is a fantastic album but I've enjoyed a lot of music they released since then. My favorite album post Senile Animal is probably Tres Cabrones. Love Dogs and Cattle Prods and Walters Lips