The Melvins in 2019...

Started by johnnyg, November 05, 2018, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Captain CoryCory

Melvins confirmed for Louder Than Life on September 28 in Louisville, Kentucky. A fall tour is definitely happening. Noticed Redd Kross is on the bill too so I'm guessing Melvins / Redd Kross.

That's two years in a row I can't see the Melvins in my hometown because of work. Guess I'm seeing them in my home base of Indianapolis at the Vogue!  :lol: Hell, maybe Columbus or Nashville? I know I can get home before bedtime if it's a weekday!

GiveMe45

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on April 08, 2019, 09:36:47 AM
Melvins confirmed for Louder Than Life on September 28 in Louisville, Kentucky.
On the same bill as GnR and Ice Cube.... 🤔

Captain CoryCory

They'll get about a half hour playing to normies and bros eating "Gourmet Man Food"

Dumpster D

Oh shit, I see the Lolllaspsspaloozala and Ozz-shit fiasco all over again.  #-o

GiveMe45

Quote from: Dumpster D on April 08, 2019, 06:29:28 PM
Oh shit, I see the Lolllaspsspaloozala and Ozz-shit fiasco all over again.  #-o
I saw them on Lollapalooza 96 and it was awesome.  Made it even better that the Cows played right after them.

Dumpster D

Quote from: GiveMe45 on April 08, 2019, 10:41:55 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on April 08, 2019, 06:29:28 PM
Oh shit, I see the Lolllaspsspaloozala and Ozz-shit fiasco all over again.  #-o
I saw them on Lollapalooza 96 and it was awesome.  Made it even better that the Cows played right after them.

Really? did you bring your Devil sticks, hackey sack and gameboy?  :toke:

I'll bet the Cows Ruled...I'm pretty Gel right now, thems must have been good times man...good times.

Remembering how awesome the 90's were for bands...it was the best time to be.

))))((((

Quote from: Dumpster D on April 08, 2019, 11:45:51 PM
Remembering how awesome the 90's were for bands...it was the best time to be.
The best time is now. NOW!!! It always is.

(PAUL)

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 09, 2019, 05:32:47 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on April 08, 2019, 11:45:51 PM
Remembering how awesome the 90's were for bands...it was the best time to be.
The best time is now. NOW!!! It always is.
I kind of agree.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

PepsiMike

Quote from: (PAUL) on April 09, 2019, 01:10:41 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on April 09, 2019, 05:32:47 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on April 08, 2019, 11:45:51 PM
Remembering how awesome the 90's were for bands...it was the best time to be.
The best time is now. NOW!!! It always is.
I kind of agree.
Yes. Live in the present.

Dumpster D

Are you kidding?

You people Just don't understand the apex of analog technology and first and second generation digital engineering and it's peak in around the early 90's.

Now EVERYTHING sounds like it was recorded on the same three programs.

Anyway, I'm into the present as much as the past guys...Just that the 90's were better times for me personally growing up before the smart phone and internet bullshit.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ju8TJ_HBqQ



johnnyg

WHERE'S THE EAST COAST TOUR DATES THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW!

GiveMe45

So far it's looking like Vancouver, Tacoma, Portland and Pioneertown are the only Spring US dates before they head to Europe for most of the summer.

jules

Quote from: GiveMe45 on April 26, 2019, 11:17:23 AM
So far it's looking like Vancouver, Tacoma, Portland and Pioneertown are the only Spring US dates before they head to Europe for most of the summer.
:lol: :lol:  Most of the summer? We wish!

You'll get August, September and October.....

amazonAMAZON

Curious if the set at Pioneertown will be any different from what has been on the setlist the last few months. It's technically a headlining festival set. I'd imagine "Kicking Machine," "Honey Bucket" and "Let It All Be" plus the usual PAT songs (Don't Forget, Move to Florida) will be in there. For a doomy type fest they might bring back Lysol again.

I'd still like to hear more songs from A WALK (DEATH) particularly "Black Heath" and "Flaming Creature" especially with Pinkus vs Steven.

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on April 26, 2019, 06:14:03 PM
I'd still like to hear more songs from A WALK (DEATH) particularly "Black Heath" and "Flaming Creature" especially with Pinkus vs Steven.
Agreed! Best songs on that whole thing. It bewilders me that Melvins always ignore most of the songs on whatever is their latest album. Especially when those songs are as good as those two are!