Melvins CDs

Started by jules, July 27, 2021, 11:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on July 31, 2021, 07:19:54 AM
Prick! which is the first Melvins album i ever bought and heard. i'm so proud of this story
Ah yes, i should have known that. I always remember that Prick was your first Melvins purchase. I bet not many people can say that!

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 31, 2021, 07:27:51 AM
Prick! which is the first Melvins album i ever bought and heard. i'm so proud of this story
Ah yes, i should have known that. I always remember that Prick was your first Melvins purchase. I bet not many people can say that!
same thing happened to me!  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

Quote from: vince furnier on July 31, 2021, 07:38:42 AM
same thing happened to me!
Wow! Perhaps that is the one true path to Melvins fandom. All us other fans are just sub-fans!! Why Prick though???? Was it by accident or just because it was the latest release and you tried that one?

black stallion

same thing happened to me!  :lol:

awesome!!

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 31, 2021, 07:47:50 AM
Wow! Perhaps that is the one true path to Melvins fandom. All us other fans are just sub-fans!! Why Prick though???? Was it by accident or just because it was the latest release and you tried that one?

was by accident, it was probably their latest release too. remember being in a big shopping store with my parents.. was 1994. Cobain probably was just gone. i was a Nirvana fan at the time, reading about Melvins being Kurt's favourite band. so when i noticed in the music store that album i  immediately picked it. after listening i was confused to say the least, then i got Stoner Witch  and the rest is history  :)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 31, 2021, 07:47:50 AM
i've told this story here before. i was going to see L7 and was having good luck with opening bands so i got the one Melvins cd i found at the record store that one visit and it just happened to be Prick. if it would have been Stoner Witch or Houdini, that show would have been totally different for me. still i was convinced the were the real thing from the set even if the cd left me feeling like they were a joke band.  :lol: btw, i sold the cd and bought it again after Stag came out.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

jules

the bloat

This post inspired me to dust off my old Melvins CDs. Had to rifle through an old bin in my garage since I don't even have a way to play CDs anymore. The first thing I noticed is that I was very studious about buying every release up until Nude with Boots. I even have the short-run stuff like Electroretard and a sealed copy of Alive at the Fucker Club. So I guess I stopped keeping up in 2006. I've since switched over to digital and now blow all my cash on iTunes and limited edition vinyl.

black stallion

jules

Quote from: black stallion on July 31, 2021, 04:39:02 AM
here you go with my huge mess ah!
8)

Thanks for not being lazy!

More weird:

black stallion

totally weird and awesome. a question maybe a little stupid, you obviously own all those variants, right?  :)

could these two be considered "rare" ?

jules

Quote from: black stallion on August 01, 2021, 06:23:22 AM

I guess they're rare outside of the U.S. - Scion gave them away but only in the States. That Electric Flower promo was issued on vinyl, too.

black stallion

Quote from: jules on August 01, 2021, 06:42:55 AM
Quote from: black stallion on August 01, 2021, 06:23:22 AM

I guess they're rare outside of the U.S. - Scion gave them away but only in the States. That Electric Flower promo was issued on vinyl, too.

yeah, i suspected they could be rare outside the US. Bulls&Bees i mean. Europe got the version with Electroretard if i remember correctly

jules

The lavender one just arrived. Is it a European re-release? Fucked if I know.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Ha, very nice. An eastern Europe pressing?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

jules

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 02, 2021, 01:32:51 PM
Ha, very nice. An eastern Europe pressing?
The new artwork is exactly the same as the IPC-153 re-release except it says Manufactured and distributed by Southern Records (i.e. Europe) and has the old catalogue number IPC-6. Also it states C & P 1999, not 2000 as per the originals or 2006 as per IPC-153.

Looking closely, we see other differences, too. True-to-form Ipecac has now spelled Leif Garrett wrong (one t in Garrett), Godzik Pink is now Godzickpink, Erik Sanko is now Eric Sanko, Amanda Ferguson is now Amanda Fergusson, Ryeland Allison is now Ryland Allison, Henry Bogdan is now Henry Bogden and Tim Green is now Time Green.