Melvins cover songs strategy

Started by amazonAMAZON, February 02, 2022, 01:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

I remember when Buzz broke a string in the middle of Bacon industry...I wouldn't mind hearing a studio version of that.

amazonAMAZON

Something tells me we are not done with Melvins covering the Stones. Which is probably ok.

I was listening to this one:

https://youtu.be/uKhSySfXPZA
"Black Limousine"

I thought maybe it's an inspiration for the title "Now a Limo." I guess not probably, but perhaps. Anyway, I think Jagger's phrasing can be very Buzzlike. I have no idea what he's saying in this song mostly and he takes a lot of liberty with the syllables.

I think it would also be cool if they chose like an old female country song. I'd like to hear the Melvins do Patsy Cline or Dolly Parton (who also has a famous song about a limo.)

Colonel Cheese

Our boys, Melvins, should cover Redd Kross's Huge Wonder.
anybody?!
can't be just me....

FartLips

Quote from: Oscar on February 07, 2022, 08:59:38 AM
Let Me Roll It was the B-side to Jet and might be a slightly deeper cut considering what else is on Band On The Run but you're right, I can't think of anything too obscure off the top of my head.

Gun Club - Promise Me maybe? Sex Beat being the closest to a hit on that record.
nah, Paul plays it live every time.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Nizamark

Quote from: black stallion on June 30, 2022, 01:37:45 AM
they should cover Cramps
hard agree

also i was listening to black rose and it struck me as kinda odd that the melvins have never covered thin lizzy

black stallion

Quote from: Nizamark on September 27, 2022, 11:24:31 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 30, 2022, 01:37:45 AM
they should cover Cramps
hard agree

also i was listening to black rose and it struck me as kinda odd that the melvins have never covered thin lizzy

ah, good call!

also covering TRex with Steven would be perfect!

Chief Ten Beers

Nizamark

Bad Guy Zero

This past Sunday I talked to Buzz about covering this one...

https://youtu.be/oft9JqftXKE

Nizamark

black stallion

awesome,i could see Steven singing on it

black stallion

Nizamark

^so killer. i got to see those guys in 2011. great show and they were so happy to be out there rocking after all that time

black stallion

Quote from: Nizamark on December 06, 2022, 12:32:05 PM
^so killer. i got to see those guys in 2011. great show and they were so happy to be out there rocking after all that time

wow,  didn't  know they had reunited