Melvins with Cameron Jamie: Please please tell me now.

Started by Pelican, May 09, 2006, 09:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pelican

I've got my tickets to see the Melvins and Cameron Jamie. I know the Melvins, and I know Cameron Jamie is some guy who makes movies. From what I understand, they play a movie by Cameron and these Melvins play music during the movie. Is it like a silent film with Melvins acting as the piano player? Is it a modern movie with dialog and a plot and the Melvins play whenever there is a car chase or a love scene or someone getting killed? Do the Melvins play Melvins songs, or do they play Cameron Jamie songs, or do they improvise, or what do they do?

I know I should just wait and see what happens and enjoy whatever it is, but like a good thriller, the suspense is killing me.

Oh, and isn't this Cameron Jamie guy the one who made the videos of suburban backyard WWF wrestler kids? Or am I thinking of someone else.

And yes, that was a Duran Duran reference in the Subject. No, I won't apologize for it.


skizm_bts

yep he's the backyard wrestling dude! check the melvins book.apparently lysol was the soundtrack

..human sacrifice.diving from rooftop into the void.legalize canabalism.the cosmic smasher...
no doubt about it


Pelican

Cool, I thought that was the guy.

Now, hasn't anyone seen the Cameron Jamie/Melvins thing? Is it basically a straight Melvins concert with a movie playing in the background, or something different?

MacBastard

The films have some audio, the one with the Krampus (probably the best) has bells ringing all the way through. The Melvins played POTRE over this, it hadn't come out when I saw it and it reminded me of xmas. Which was nice.

It's not really a straight Melvins concert as they play extended versions of their songs and also improv noise though they did bang out an amazing version of nightgoat when the films had finished. They played on the floor, kind of sideways on to the screen, this was a real treat to see them so up close. I saw them at the London Forum (where the Bigband show was last week), it was only about a quarter full. Fools of England, it was amazing.

After the gig we wnet to the Crowbar which is right next to the Astoria where Machine Head had been playing and they were all in the bar. My friend ended up chatting to the guitarist who asked him if he'd enjoyed the show. I think the Machine Head guy was  a little embarassed when he realised that the most amazing show my friend had ever seen  that night wasn't Machine Head!!

norecess

Quote from: MacBastard on May 12, 2006, 03:01:15 AM
After the gig we wnet to the Crowbar which is right next to the Astoria where Machine Head had been playing and they were all in the bar. My friend ended up chatting to the guitarist who asked him if he'd enjoyed the show. I think the Machine Head guy was  a little embarassed when he realised that the most amazing show my friend had ever seen  that night wasn't Machine Head!!

Friend of mine are crazy about Machine Head, especially live. I've promised them to go with them to a show once but I can't really see myself enjoying at MH.

Maybe I should bring some raw meat with me...