Melvins Covers

Started by Sludgebaby, March 16, 2015, 09:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on September 02, 2023, 06:53:03 PM
Quote from: baruk on September 02, 2023, 11:20:48 AM
https://aquariumdrunkard.com/2019/07/23/the-lagniappe-sessions-six-organs-of-admittance/

Ben Chasney does acoustic covers of three Melvins songs. Quite enjoyable.

Yeah man, those are choice! Great takes, very nice. What really hit me was the vocals. Nailed 'em! With Ben I was sure the guitaring would be great ... but damn, yeah those vocals are almost the highlight. Great tribute write up backstory from Ben too.

This was a fun read and three really great versions. You can tell he's a huge fan. It must be so rewarding for the Melvs that so many of the folks influenced by them are actually awesome musicians in their own right.

the bloat

This is a long thread, so maybe this is already been discussed, but lately the Melvins have been covering their own songs quite a bit. See FLD, The Devil You Knew, Euthenasia and most recently At the Stake.

What old Melvins song would YOU like to see dredged up, dusted off, then played by the current lineup and recorded for their next release?

heartandsorry

Quote from: the bloat on September 25, 2023, 07:54:55 PM
What old Melvins song would YOU like to see dredged up, dusted off, then played by the current lineup and recorded for their next release?

the fool, the meddling idiot.

damm, calling this an old song makes ME feel old...

amazonAMAZON

For very selfish reasons I want "Butcher Town" and "Anal Satan"

moose

Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Mount Ambulance

The Bloat
Big As A Mountain
Jew Boy Flower Head
Skin Horse (2nd half)
Let It All Be (2nd half)
Tipping The Lion (Three's Company)
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

baruk