11-20-06 oklahoma city ok

Started by closedeyevisuals, November 21, 2006, 04:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: MailOrderBride on November 22, 2006, 04:19:18 PM
Ok my bad--I was scrolling thru my Itunes list of songs and alphabetically it had The Mechanical Bride and I missed it. I thought it sounded familiar, name-wise, but over 25 Melvins CDs I get some of their newer stuff confused. Okay so PIGSKIN is the single I guess I was talking about that I don't have.
I went back and researched it. I really don't remember them playing Mech. Bride for some reason, though. This was my 5th time seeing them. The first time was like the first show of a 5 gig mini tour the day or two after Stag came out in Denver, before they took off for Europe. That was an awesome show. Then opening for Tool, then at Will Rogers then about 6 months later in Dallas at Trees when they were doing the double set. This was awesome. I don't know if it was the best show, the first one will always be really strong in my mind (also I was only 20 then) but honeslty this one was probably the best performance. Definitely the most intimate, like having them play your keg party or something.
Here's both sides of the PIGSKIN SINGLE:
http://download.yousendit.com/C44FF20834EAC9C4
http://download.yousendit.com/30AACB805AEBEE49
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

MailOrderBride

frickin' awesome!
a senile animal has really reignited my interest in the melvins. well the concert did too, but i am even thinking about re purchasing prick. i lost about 600 cds in a house fire in 01, and the only melvins cd i have not re-purchased is prick. it took a while to get a hold of stag though. is that still out of print?

bUTTHOLEmAN

I think Europeeans can still get Stag, but I'm not sure.  OOPrint in the United states.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

closedeyevisuals

doh??? i have no clue it was written on the set list i got..on buzz's side of the stage.did any of you talk to the roadie from england? pretty cool dude!!! the owner of the conservatory and size recs said he was doing this to help out the band for awhile and he was a roadie for portishead..and one of the merch dudes went to school with kurt c.and buzz,he had some pretty cool stories..hey lord the mexican dude....he didnt get thrown out bc he was throwing his arms around the entire show i hope this kind of thing pushes the melvins back from the state of oklahoma..even though coady said they will be back for another round like i mentioned before..

lord of heaviness

I know what you mean, closedeye. I actually went up to one of the roadies afterwards and asked him if it usually got this chaotic, because I really want them to come back. He said there's always some drunken assholes in the crowd like it was no big thing, so hopefully they didn't get too bad of an impression from the crowd.
What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?

lord of heaviness

And btw, which one was from England?
What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?

Guts

The setlist last night was taped down right in front of me and it said DOH. They played Set Me Straight with DCH in the middle of it. Maybe they changed the spelling to honor one of their favorite cartoon characters.
No TV and no beer make Guts something something....


norecess

Quote from: curtangel on November 22, 2006, 11:58:03 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 22, 2006, 03:33:48 PM
Thanks for the great review, curtangel.  Are you a fan of the wrestler?

Thanks, I was worried I went on too much about the events at the show and not enough about the music.

Impossible! Besides, wel already know the music and we know it's good! I personally am only reading the reviews for some juicy stories.

And welcome.

MailOrderBride

Quote from: lord of heaviness on November 22, 2006, 11:44:54 PM
And btw, which one was from England?

presumably the shorter guy with the crew cut, the one wearing a shirt that said "fuck me, i'm british."

lord of heaviness

That would make sense. All I could make out was the "fuck me" part.
He was the guy I talked too. Pretty cool dude. Somehow, throughout all of the ringing in my ears I couldn't really make out an accent, but I had a feeling he wasn't from the states.
What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?

MailOrderBride


does anybody know how many were at this show? i am guessing between 125-150. anyone know for sure.