New Orleans, LA

Started by warpze, August 19, 2008, 10:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

warpze

headed to sin city tomorrow night to watch the melvins for the first time with a "designated walker"...in other words, help me walk to nearest bar after the show and then to my room which is two blocks from bourbon st. hopefully i can get there earlier enough to catch the guys in the front bar having some drinks at the one eyed jacks. i saw them twice at this bar, but last time i saw them there had a few shots of yager with kevin before the show started...while buzz walk around the bar frantically. anyway after i wake from the slumber i will try write up a good review and possible posts some media.

warpze

does any one have a set list i can expect for tomorrow night?


GrimReaper


Two blocks from Bourbon Street in the French Quarter! Fucken righteous!

http://www.oneeyedjacks.net/

razorink

I'm the guy Jared tossed out tonite. I should probably state what a huge fan I am, and to clarify any misunderstanding let me fill you in on my physical stature: yeah, I look big, certainly noticable/memorable, sure. I seem to just fly around the "pit". Insight: I'm light and tall. Simple physics - I get shoved, I go FAR. That happened the "last time you remembered", and at every punk show I've been to since I was 15 (when I weighed even less!). FYI I only hit Jared's mic stand because I let go of the monitor I was bracing myself on to keep the crowd from crushing the girl in front of me and happened to get hit in the back.  The security that took me out said and I quote " I saw what happened, but that's just the way things are and you've got to take the fall." Look, I've seen the Melvins 8 times over 15 or more years, and more bands than I can count over 25 years, and NEVER have I been humiliated like I was tonight. Dale and Buzz, I still love you guys.  Jared, if I fucked you up I'm deeply sorry - as I stated in the beginning I'm a huge fan, and would NEVER do anything intentionally to disrupt a performance from one of my favorite bands: that goes for Big Business as well (I think y'all are awesome, but prefer the 2 piece). I was there the whole night - if I was such an asshole you'd think I would have started trouble earlier. An apology and a goodbye. I won't darken your performances anymore. It is indeed my loss. Let the flaming and blaming begin!

Sincerely and sadly,
NOLA dude what you got tossed

gesundheit

Definitely doesn't sound like you should be flamed, man. Sorry about the unfortunate accident..Being kicked out of a great show for doing something harmless, innocent or accidental would be my worst nightmare.

GrimReaper


Dude , don't sweat it!
I got booted in San Diego last year for the same thing.

Here's what was happening, every time the crowd surges and the stage is below 3 feet what can you do besides brace yourself on the stage?

I know why I got thrown out. I got too close to Buzz during a surge. I would never touch him but security doesn't know that so they dispatched three dudes to take me out.

And I was docile as fuck that night..

I went around front, got in with my stamp and was back in the same spot 2 minutes later.



I did get in a fight with Bad Ronald SFO after the show, but hey, we're still friends.


Greasy Statement

shitty to hear that, but don't let it deter you from seeing future shows...

___-----_____------_____

how much of the show did you get to see?

anyone else have a review?
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman


John Schuller

Quote from: razorink on August 21, 2008, 03:01:48 AM
I'm the guy Jared tossed out tonite. I should probably state what a huge fan I am, and to clarify any misunderstanding let me fill you in on my physical stature: yeah, I look big, certainly noticable/memorable, sure. I seem to just fly around the "pit". Insight: I'm light and tall. Simple physics - I get shoved, I go FAR. That happened the "last time you remembered", and at every punk show I've been to since I was 15 (when I weighed even less!). FYI I only hit Jared's mic stand because I let go of the monitor I was bracing myself on to keep the crowd from crushing the girl in front of me and happened to get hit in the back.  The security that took me out said and I quote " I saw what happened, but that's just the way things are and you've got to take the fall." Look, I've seen the Melvins 8 times over 15 or more years, and more bands than I can count over 25 years, and NEVER have I been humiliated like I was tonight. Dale and Buzz, I still love you guys.  Jared, if I fucked you up I'm deeply sorry - as I stated in the beginning I'm a huge fan, and would NEVER do anything intentionally to disrupt a performance from one of my favorite bands: that goes for Big Business as well (I think y'all are awesome, but prefer the 2 piece). I was there the whole night - if I was such an asshole you'd think I would have started trouble earlier. An apology and a goodbye. I won't darken your performances anymore. It is indeed my loss. Let the flaming and blaming begin!

Sincerely and sadly,
NOLA dude what you got tossed

I personally am glad that you got kicked out. Good riddance. You were not at a Minor Threat show.

spunkmonkey



razorink


[/quote]

I personally am glad that you got kicked out. Good riddance. You were not at a Minor Threat show.
[/quote]

To that, I'm just gonna go "HUH? Yer posting from LA. Were you even AT the show? And what the fuck does Minor Threat have to do with anything? If it's a lame attempt to say the Melvins aren't a 'punk' band and nobody, what's that new-fangled dance term, uh, moshes or skanks or slamdances in what's it called, a pit? YOU have never been to a Melvins show in NOLA, the city that spawned such bands as Eye Hate God.  I'm 40 fuckin years old and will bet good money I've seen more punk rock than you,  and if I even step on yer toes I'll turn and apologize. I'm old school and don't intentionally hurt anyone and always look out for the little folks, unlike some douchebags  that have the motto "Go Demon or Go Home". The only thing I'm guilty of is being too tall and blocking somebody's view. Personally I'M glad I'm old enough to remember some real shit, not what some 20 something dorkus in a shirt from HotTopic thinks what punk is from watching Youtube, or some music snob that's afraid of a little physical contact. Minor Threat indeed! How weak. To everybody else, thanks for the encouraging words. I'll go early to see 'em next time - they owe me a show! Melvins RULE.

FartLips

now its a shame you got thrown out for something accidental. its entirely another subject that you're in a pit at a melvins show and you're FOURTY FUCKING YEARS OLD!!! SIT DOWN YOU ALZHEIMERS RIDDEN OLD FOOL!!!! :P :P :P :lol:
Judy is mad.🤣

John Schuller

Quote from: razorink on August 21, 2008, 08:43:54 PM


I personally am glad that you got kicked out. Good riddance. You were not at a Minor Threat show.
[/quote]

To that, I'm just gonna go "HUH? Yer posting from LA. Were you even AT the show? And what the fuck does Minor Threat have to do with anything? If it's a lame attempt to say the Melvins aren't a 'punk' band and nobody, what's that new-fangled dance term, uh, moshes or skanks or slamdances in what's it called, a pit? YOU have never been to a Melvins show in NOLA, the city that spawned such bands as Eye Hate God.  I'm 40 fuckin years old and will bet good money I've seen more punk rock than you,  and if I even step on yer toes I'll turn and apologize. I'm old school and don't intentionally hurt anyone and always look out for the little folks, unlike some douchebags  that have the motto "Go Demon or Go Home". The only thing I'm guilty of is being too tall and blocking somebody's view. Personally I'M glad I'm old enough to remember some real shit, not what some 20 something dorkus in a shirt from HotTopic thinks what punk is from watching Youtube, or some music snob that's afraid of a little physical contact. Minor Threat indeed! How weak. To everybody else, thanks for the encouraging words. I'll go early to see 'em next time - they owe me a show! Melvins RULE.
[/quote]

You're 40 years old is exactly why you shouldn't be bouncing around like a 16 year old kid at a Minor Threat concert in1981. You are annoying to people that want to rock out to the music being played in 2008. You are more like an irritating gnat to anyone standing near you trying to focus on the Melvins. Now, I do not question your love for the Melvins at all. I think we can both agree on the fact that the Melvins are the greatest band in the history of the world. I have not been to a Melvins show in NOLA. And I do thank NOLA for EYEHATEGOD. I have seen the Melvins in Tacoma, Olympia, Seattle, Portland and Los Angeles. All of the crowds were pretty mellow, Los Angeles especially. I have been to my fair share of punk shows as well as metal, jazz, rock, noise, rap and experimental. The first time I saw Melvins was in 1987 opening for D.R.I. in Tacoma Washington. It was a great show. I know you would have loved it.