Time marches on for the Melvins 2009

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, December 24, 2008, 09:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

Still awaiting release:

1. Two more 12 inchers with double surprises
2. A secret 7 inch (so secret that not even the band is aware of it)
3. A split 7 inch with Rancid Vat
4. A huge limited edition Ipecac box set of everything the Melvins have done with the label as well as stuff you haven't heard at all

I think of everything yet to come, I'm most curious about the 12 inchers.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Buick GN

Shatz

What about the remix cd that was supposed to come out on Ipecac some day?
Keep your Arsch together, Sie werden seitlich gefickt.

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

FartLips

Quote from: GrimReaper on December 25, 2008, 08:34:35 AM
Quote from: OLD FART LIPS on December 25, 2008, 08:04:42 AM
Quote from: Buick on December 24, 2008, 10:43:57 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 24, 2008, 09:30:00 PM
I'm most curious about the 12 inchers.
Hmmm. Do I need a new signature?  :lol:
:lol:

Now I get it. I'm slow on the holidays.
one of my exams in college was writing and performing a radio commercial.  i did one for a made up record store that specialized in vinyl only. the end tag line was "everybody loves 12 inches... of vinyl that is!"   nobody in my class had any idea it was coming. :P
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 24, 2008, 09:30:00 PM
Still awaiting release:

1. Two more 12 inchers with double surprises
2. A secret 7 inch (so secret that not even the band is aware of it)
3. A split 7 inch with Rancid Vat
4. A huge limited edition Ipecac box set of everything the Melvins have done with the label as well as stuff you haven't heard at all

Mmmmmmm =P~

cara

I hope the Ipecac box set outdoes the Hydra Head one. I'm all giddy for any vinyl releases in the new year.. the Big Business ones too.

Mad Arab

Due to the economic downturn, none of these will be made or released in the near future.

turnacus

You mean I won't have to rebuy 13 albums to get a handful of tunes that should be an independent release? 

Drat!

Seriously Melvins, how about a legit b-sides release. it's time.
Van Hagar

TheSwingSet

Quote from: turnacus on December 27, 2008, 08:29:27 PM
You mean I won't have to rebuy 13 albums to get a handful of tunes that should be an independent release? 

Drat!

seriously....we need info. on what the fuck is going on....i was hoping to have a boxset by January.
"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

turnacus

Well, I guess we cannot complain, all things considered. On average, they put out a legit album a year, with one compilation/live/weird disc to boot. I mean, shit, just this year we got a new disc, a dvd, and a 10 show live cd. Holy fuck tits.

It sure beats being a "once every 7 years" Tool fan. I'm pretty sure cicadias show up more often.
Van Hagar

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: turnacus on December 28, 2008, 01:00:08 AM
Well, I guess we cannot complain, all things considered. On average, they put out a legit album a year, with one compilation/live/weird disc to boot. I mean, shit, just this year we got a new disc, a dvd, and a 10 show live cd. Holy fuck tits.

Plus the new AmRep 7",(A)S.A. vinyl/box set & The End on lp

Chomas

Quote from: turnacus on December 27, 2008, 08:29:27 PM

Drat!

Agreed we need another Electroretard type release in our lives.  Still one of my favorites.

turnacus

If they can justify (re)releases of stuff like GPT, Mangled, and 26 songs, surely they could conjure up a 2 discer of weird shit. They would get cash, we would get new/improved shit.

Honestly, just their one-off shit for Amrep could make an album.
Van Hagar