Melvins 3xCD from Burlesque

Started by spunkmonkey, January 14, 2009, 03:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bathroom creep

Well, damn.  I own the first Melvins vs Minneapolis version.  I only wanted to get a copy of the SSB 7", and boy was I glad when I heard they were gonna sell them.  Well, screw that, can't spend $70 on this right now.

I'm sure it would have sold out either way.  And all the not so wealthy Melvins fans would have been happy.  I guess.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

spunkmonkey

I agree with Rev.  These things will sell out (pretty fast I imagine too).  And really, this isn't "Melvins making another limited release merch to soak the fans".  The Melvins vs Minneapolis CDs all sold out, fast.  They're reissuing these so people who missed out the first time can get in on the action.  Same with the shirts.  I assume people will want these, but since they were only available in MN, not too many had a chance.  I have the CDs, don't like the shirt, and don't have a turntable, so I'll be passing.  And really; this isn't something new.  The Melvins have been releasing special limited edition stuff for years and years.  All of the Grumpy's 7", limited vinyl in multiple colors, Slim's 8-track, the dolls, lighters, fetus in a jar, etc.  Buy it if you want, or don't.  As the wise sages in Devo said, "freedom of choice, is what you got."

Rev. Mike

Quote from: bathroom creep on January 15, 2009, 10:47:03 AM
Well, damn.  I own the first Melvins vs Minneapolis version.  I only wanted to get a copy of the SSB 7", and boy was I glad when I heard they were gonna sell them.  Well, screw that, can't spend $70 on this right now.

Where were you during the 48 hours that Amrep sold the 7 inch?

As for the shirt thing, it was initially going to just be for the shows in MPLS, but they didn't get as many printed as they wanted.  Buzz just last week OK'ed them to do 100 more, which they are printing to order, by hand, nothing has been printed yet.  So look at it this way:  Burlesque is printing a multiscreen shirt by hand, and packaging up 100 orders and trying to get them out before the melvins dorks get antsy and pester them with repeated emails about where their orders are.  So they just do it as package deals which cuts down on the amount of packages and the actual number of orders they have to worry about before people freak.  No one will always be pleased.

bathroom creep

Quote from: Rev. Mike on January 15, 2009, 12:02:00 PM
Quote from: bathroom creep on January 15, 2009, 10:47:03 AM

Where were you during the 48 hours that Amrep sold the 7 inch?

Strangely enough, I wasn't online a lot during these days and found the link when they were already sold out.  Tough luck I guess.  But really, I'm just a little bummed that I missed out the first time, and now that there's actually another chance to get them (which at first I didn't think would happen) I will miss out again. Anyways, just saying. At least I got my Melvins Grumpy's set there so I will stop bitching now.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

maffymaff

The Melvins vs Minneapolis cd and Buzzo t-shirts are now available separately on the burlesque website if anyone doesn't want to shell out for the combo.

Idlehanz

The antsy Melvins dorks have spoken!

I didn't email Burlesque about it, but I'm pleased to see the shirt is sold seperatly.  Ordered.

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

bathroom creep

Cool.    But wait..  I want the 7"!!   :(    Well, I might have to think about getting that shirt instead.   Looks nice.

JJ

nice that Wes opened it up for us non completeists!

Dr.Benway

This stuff is bound to happen in the world of the internet.  It used to be (not all that long ago) you would have to find this stuff in an indie record shop, at show or by mailorder, now a link pops up and they've sold out instantly.  Some times you win sometimes you lose.  I think this being the case it's about as fair as it's going to be breaking up the releases to give different people a chance at different times.  The only thing that frustrates me is when something is advertised as limited to only x number of copies and then a new run is made later.  And I'm not trying to pick on Burlesque, it's cool they split up the packages.

Buick GN

>>>JZS<<<

Buzzo's hair looks like Kind Bud. :toke:

Chomas

Quote from: Idlehanz on January 15, 2009, 05:55:18 PM
The antsy Melvins dorks have spoken!

I didn't email Burlesque about it, but I'm pleased to see the shirt is sold seperatly.  Ordered.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Chomas

not the shirts! they can be birthed upon request!!