Melvins Jeopardy clue

Started by Pelican, February 06, 2009, 02:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

Anybody watch Jeopardy last night? There was a category about how bands formed, I don't remember what the actual title was. Anyway, one of the clues was (this is not the exact wording, but close) "Kirst Noveselic was introduced to Kurt Cobain by Buzz Osbourne of the Melvins and they went on to form this band" which the answer was of course Nirvana, and the guy got it right. One guy cleaned up most, if not all of that category. I just thought it was cool to see a Melvins reference on Jeopardy, I watch it when The Simpsons go to commercials. It totally shocked me, I just kind of sat there with my jaw open, my girlfriend just looked at me and laughed.

glen

just to hear alex trebek utter the name "buzz osborne" in his condensending tone would have been worth my time.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Idlehanz

Was it a new Jeopardy, or that same old re-run?

Pelican

Pretty sure it was a new episode. They've been playing new ones all week. I just saw that category and switched back to The Simpsons, I figured it wasn't going to get any better than that.  :lol:

Mad Arab

Bitches of Copacabana

Friday, November 21, 1997

"It Came From Seattle" for $400 (Audio Daily Double)

"The Melvins, heard here, were an early band in this rock genre that swept America in 1992:"

"(Bill: [no response] That song sucks, that's for sure!)
[audience breaks into laughter]
(Alex: I'm sure the Melvins will appreciate your comments, & we have less than a minute to go!)"

He lost $1,700, rightfully so.

"http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=2551"
"Be-bop boot and shoe, ding dong the bell has been rang."

suck poppet

Quote from: Bitches of Copacabana on February 07, 2009, 10:07:47 AM
Friday, November 21, 1997

"It Came From Seattle" for $400 (Audio Daily Double)

"The Melvins, heard here, were an early band in this rock genre that swept America in 1992:"

"(Bill: [no response] That song sucks, that's for sure!)
[audience breaks into laughter]
(Alex: I'm sure the Melvins will appreciate your comments, & we have less than a minute to go!)"

He lost $1,700, rightfully so.

"http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=2551"

What song was it?
What's that? Not me. Fuck that, I'm a cat.

the ether bunny

it doesnt say. my guess would be hooch.
he was a mongoloid.

seas of luck

Quote from: the ether bunny on February 07, 2009, 12:01:13 PM
it doesnt say. my guess would be hooch.

It seems like it was Copache but I'm not sure.

(PAUL)

I thought I read it was Sweet Willy Rollbar but I never saw the clip so I can't know for sure.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

cara

What was the answer? Grunge?

All i have to say is Jeopardy shouldnt try to include questions like that.

glen

Quote from: cara on February 08, 2009, 03:41:41 PM

oooo no.  I'm sorry cara. the correct answer is "what is grunge?".    remember, the answer must be in the form of a question.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

FartLips

Quote from: glen on February 09, 2009, 11:15:24 AM
Quote from: cara on February 08, 2009, 03:41:41 PM

oooo no.  I'm sorry cara. the correct answer is "what is grunge?".    remember, the answer must be in the form of a question.
thanks alex.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Dead Cowboy

Leave it to the old dudes to school you on gameshows.

FartLips

Quote from: Dead Cowboy on February 11, 2009, 07:20:21 PM
Leave it to the old dudes to school you on gameshows.

all those episodes of match game have gone to his head.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol: