No Big Business Conglomeration????

Started by FiLtHcAkE, March 19, 2009, 06:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FiLtHcAkE

Is this a done deal between BB and Melvins? Some odd goings on for their 25th year thus far and very low key stuff @ that...

If BB is gone and back on their own, I would love/kill to be their second drummer or end up in the bassist morgue or maybe Dale wants a break from the kit as he is filling in on bass for a few shows...

Let me know what incarnation I have to look forward to... FC.
I-hAtE-tHe-WaY-i'Ve-BeEn-KiLlInG-mYsElF-lAtElY.

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

cara

They're doing seperate shows becuase Big Business is touring for their new album.

I am the Sun

This is by no means an indicator of a breakup. They played shows without BB in '07

FiLtHcAkE

It's a long way out but what about the Seattle dates w/GR? Any word if something unexpected is going on for these dates?
I did hear BB is touring their new stuff but thought  they would hold off till next year...
and is there a "secret" Olympia show in the works also? I was lucky to catch them back in the day doing impromptu shows all the time over here... Just wondering.
I-hAtE-tHe-WaY-i'Ve-BeEn-KiLlInG-mYsElF-lAtElY.

cara

How cool would it be to see Melvins and Green River play Leech together?

Maybe the guys from Meursault could join in and do an irish jig or pretend to be credible or something.

Idlehanz

Quote from: FiLtHcAkE on March 19, 2009, 06:50:53 PM
It's a long way out but what about the Seattle dates w/GR? Any word if something unexpected is going on for these dates?
I did hear BB is touring their new stuff but thought  they would hold off till next year...
and is there a "secret" Olympia show in the works also? I was lucky to catch them back in the day doing impromptu shows all the time over here... Just wondering.
The dates are already posted.  There is no secret Oly show.  If there was, it wouldn't be a secret now would it?   The Seattle shows are Melvins83, Green River, Melvins playing Houdini. Anything unexpected?  Not impossible.

FiLtHcAkE

"Secret" , as in local knowledge. Such as the Capitol making room for them...
I-hAtE-tHe-WaY-i'Ve-BeEn-KiLlInG-mYsElF-lAtElY.

Idlehanz

Quote from: FiLtHcAkE on March 19, 2009, 07:15:07 PM
"Secret" , as in local knowledge. Such as the Capitol making room for them...
That would be nice, but I don't see it happening.  I think Dillard would have mentioned it to me.

FiLtHcAkE

Damn. A Bro can only dream though at this point. FC.
I-hAtE-tHe-WaY-i'Ve-BeEn-KiLlInG-mYsElF-lAtElY.

erin

i wanted to tell you all... i'm next in line to play bass in melvins.
TV Mind... time to wake up

nothintothenotice

Quote from: FiLtHcAkE on March 19, 2009, 07:47:02 PM
Damn. A Bro can only dream though at this point. FC.
im with ya man , i could walk to the show...fuck that'd be sweet, last time they played oly was there 2oth aniv... fuck it...i officailly predict they show up to the big biz show in oly and blow this fuckin town up.....they have nothing listed that day, the day before is portland...

black stallion

Quote from: cara on March 19, 2009, 07:06:32 PM
How cool would it be to see Melvins and Green River play Leech together?
why not,didn't they play Sacrifice with Flipper during the ASA tour?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jlamour

Quote from: erin on March 19, 2009, 07:49:11 PM
i wanted to tell you all... i'm next in line to play bass in melvins.

In line after me, I can play the slide bass so we'll be breaking out H.A.T. songs for the next tour.   :twisted:

Personally I'd like to see one more album with BB and then see the Melvins switch it up.  I'm sure Buzz has more tricks up his sleeve.

seas of luck

Quote from: erin on March 19, 2009, 07:49:11 PM
i wanted to tell you all... i'm next in line to play bass in melvins.

Everyone knows that the next bassist will be Geddy Lee.  But first he is going to take Dave Scott Stone's place as the synthesis.