Melvins Webster Hall, NYC May 15, 2009

Started by GrimReaper, April 02, 2009, 03:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 17, 2009, 01:47:46 AM

http://www.electrical.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43572&start=0
Quote1983 really sucked but I'm thinking they did that intentionally because the Melvins kind of sucked in the early 80s? Just a guess.

The bass was way too distorted and simply awful sounding in the front half of the venue (it's a big place). What the hell was going on with that (they were using house rig of SVT-CL and SVT 810. Bass was a 1975 Fender P--Kevin's bass)?

Some awesome moments with the duo (Buzz and Dale) but I wish that was longer than a few songs.

Finally, Kevin Dunn was really great but there was just something very strange and not great about the show.

Anyone else go to this?
is Steve Albini talking? :)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

norecess

Quote from: http://www.electrical.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43572&start=0#p908114
Choice of covers last night was inspired. Paul McCartney! So nice.

Did they play the Moving Sidewalks (Billy Gibbon's old band) version of I Wanna Hold Your Hand, does anyone know?

Oh, and thanks for all the great reviews, it's always good to read the Melvins are still going strong, and judging from the setlist and two videos I watched on YouTube, it must have been an unforgettable evening!

bathroom creep

Quote from: norecess on May 17, 2009, 08:15:00 AM
Quote from: http://www.electrical.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43572&start=0#p908114
Choice of covers last night was inspired. Paul McCartney! So nice.

Did they play the Moving Sidewalks (Billy Gibbon's old band) version of I Wanna Hold Your Hand, does anyone know?

In one of the comments on this blog it says that they played a Wings cover, "Let Me Roll It":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS75wOHQxLI
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

King_Fucko

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 17, 2009, 01:39:59 AM
Quote from: King_Fucko on May 17, 2009, 12:54:59 AM

Dale didn't play bass at all jack ass, it was Trevor Dunn and Matt Lukin from Mudhoney. Pay attention to reality, not what is promoted.
Hopefully you're joking?  Dale was introduced as Lukin?  :oops:

Matt Lukin was playing bass not dale.
I slept with faith, and found a corpse in my arms upon awakening, we danced and drank all night with doubt, and I found her a virgin in the Morning.

m3kcomp

I think King Fucko got his name for a reason.

it was a joke about being Lukin dude...did you see Lukin proceed to take over the drums and kill it the rest of the night just like Dale Crover would?

(also pretty cool how Lukin decided to dye his hair blonde for the night, huh?)

anaconda

HAHAHA, hey don't worry he saw Will Shatter at the Flipper reunion show too! we luv ya Fucko

Pelican

Quote from: clergyman on May 16, 2009, 09:21:44 PM
It was good...it was real good.  Usually I don't like the sound at Webster Hall, but I think it was pretty good this time.  I got a real kick out of watching Dale play bass.  This might be the hardest I've seen him hit those drums - the bassy sound at Webster really worked well with his style.  Having him behind the set yesterday was like having an extra bassist.  Everything was just booming and blasting air into my face.  Never saw them play Hag Me or Joan of Arc before, so those were real highlights, too.

Dale didn't play bass at all jack ass, it was Trevor Dunn and Matt Lukin from Mudhoney. Pay attention to reality, not what is promoted.

Hey King Fuckface get your shit correct. Was this your first time to a Melvins concert? Not familiar with Buzzo's sense of humor? Or know what Dale looks like? So, that must have been Lukin playing drums for everything after the 83 set then, because after he set down his bass, he walked behind the drum set, took off his shirt and his pants and started smashing drums for the next hour and a half. Now take your own advise and pay attention. And, if your gonna correct someone, at least learn what the fuck you are talking about. Until then fuck you and fuck your shit for brains attitude.

btw, is that a pic of you in your avatar and if so, were you front and center at the Union Pool Big Business show?

>>>JZS<<<

GrimReaper

A few comments:

The two piece interlude was a total tip of the hat to BB.

Thanks to the guy that gave me the phone # to the NYC morgue.

Beto Brasil

Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

erin

Quote from: GrimReaper on May 17, 2009, 11:14:13 AM
A few comments:

The two piece interlude was a total tip of the hat to BB.

Thanks to the guy that gave me the phone # to the NYC morgue.
:lol: what happened with you??

cheers to the cool guy who we ate with at subway after the show!!!  :lol:
TV Mind... time to wake up

dontyoutellme

Quote from: King_Fucko on May 17, 2009, 01:02:18 AM
Quote from: dontyoutellme on May 16, 2009, 11:15:46 PM
Quote from: m3kcomp on May 16, 2009, 10:36:36 PM
totally didn't realize it was "spread eagle beagle" in spite of enjoying houdini more than most seem to here...adding insult to injury is having that pointed out by someone who was 2 years old when I last saw them play a lot of those songs. oofa.

it's funny because I was close to the back, and it felt like most of the people around me fell into two distinct camps...the diehards and those who didn't appear to know what they were watching.

what I feared most came true at work today...I could barely turn my head without reeling from the pain.

gah. i've got a heated pad on still. i really overdid it.

Heating pad, what did u get ur period? Don't eat chocolate. Think I saw you with some dudes there. I saw some girls in dresses too.

Yeah heating pads are only for periods. You've got a fucking full deck FuckMuck. I wasn't in a dress because all the blood from the headbanging would've splattered onto your precious anonymous face. PM me and call me next time, we can talk all about it. Unlike everyone else from the board in New York, I'm not afraid to show my face or meet people. I'm not sure if your mix of sarcasm, egoism, headstrong keyboard tapping rat trap of a bloated tongue is purely incidental, or if it's in commonality with your real persona, but you suck a bag of bloody period stained dicks and I accept niceties and apologies in person only. Kill em all.
gamble gamble gamble DIE.

>>>JZS<<<

:lol: "you suck a bag of bloody period stained dicks"  :lol:   

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: anaconda on May 17, 2009, 09:15:49 AM
HAHAHA, hey don't worry he saw Will Shatter at the Flipper reunion show too! we luv ya Fucko
:lol: :lol: This post made me laugh hard.

This thread has turned golden.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

cheeseburger

Quote from: King_Fucko on May 17, 2009, 09:08:36 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 17, 2009, 01:39:59 AM

Hopefully you're joking?  Dale was introduced as Lukin?  :oops:

Matt Lukin was playing bass not dale.
are you sure that's absinthe you're drinking and not turpentine?