Best Melvins Pic Ever

Started by Живојиновић, June 24, 2009, 03:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

Idlehanz

Buzz mentioned the thickness of the neck being a major factor in going with the EGC guitars.  Les Pauls are nice, but the necks are damn thick.  My hand starts cramping a lot quicker on my LP than anything else.  I'd love to see how a EGC guitar feels.

Snivlemdotcom

thinner/faster than a 61 reissue SG. I love these necks.

FartLips

Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on April 26, 2012, 05:28:38 PM
Yeah, where can you go wrong if you're picking your own dimensions. Theres a band here in nashville that just got matching plexi explorers from egc. Bass and guitar.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

jonE5

Quote from: FartLips on April 26, 2012, 05:39:21 PM
Yeah, where can you go wrong if you're picking your own dimensions. Theres a band here in nashville that just got matching plexi explorers from egc. Bass and guitar.

The EGC Facebook page is really cool.. They post pic's all the time that will make you drool

FartLips

Quote from: jonE5 on April 27, 2012, 11:48:59 AM
Quote from: FartLips on April 26, 2012, 05:39:21 PM

The EGC Facebook page is really cool.. They post pic's all the time that will make you drool
here's a pic of that band, Scale Model.
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Idlehanz

How many of these guitars does Buzz have now?  Two aluminum, a clear, and the gold?  Am I forgetting one?  I'm thinking of checking out the site to see the prices, but I think it's just sadden me to know that it would take a while before I could save up for one.  I'm really curious on the weight.  I like a guitar that feels like I'm holding something that I could drop a charging moose with.  LP's are nice and heavy, but almost to the point of causing spine curvatures.

FartLips

Quote from: Idlehanz on April 28, 2012, 11:20:39 PM
How many of these guitars does Buzz have now?  Two aluminum, a clear, and the gold?  Am I forgetting one?  I'm thinking of checking out the site to see the prices, but I think it's just sadden me to know that it would take a while before I could save up for one.  I'm really curious on the weight.  I like a guitar that feels like I'm holding something that I could drop a charging moose with.  LP's are nice and heavy, but almost to the point of causing spine curvatures.
yeah, my left collarbone is lower than my right due to about 10 years of nothing but lp's.

Idlehanz

Quote from: FartLips on April 28, 2012, 11:23:06 PM
yeah, my left collarbone is lower than my right due to about 10 years of nothing but lp's.

My first LP was a Les Paul II. 

I was going to post a pic of it here, but I think a "Pics of your gear" thread is in order.  This thread got off course!

black stallion

LP's are nice and heavy, but almost to the point of causing spine curvatures.

true,that's not a good thing
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Mount Ambulance

The common rag on LPs ... too heavy, log-like neck. Heavier than other guitars I have, sure. But its not like the weight of the world or anything and the weight makes it hang/drape just perfect at the strap length I use (low). As for the neck? I have a 1960 Gold Top reissue/heritage/custom shop what ever the fuck Gibson calls 'em and the 1960's were built with a thinner (depth) & tappered neck ... plays amazing ... still feels just like an LP neck just scaled down a bit. I love it to bits ...

Never played an Electrical but have heard good things ... I like the plexi Dan Armstrong types ... they look pretty sharp. I like how they dispense with the wood grain pick gaurd on Armstrong's ... looks better. Though that pick-up system on Armstrong's is pretty cool, if slightly retarded.

Anyone ever play a Bo Diddly guitar (the square ones)? Billy Gibbons and Brian Setzer also play 'em ... That's what I'm looking at these days ...
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

(PAUL)

Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on April 26, 2012, 03:08:45 PM
It is REALLY nice. Very clever volume control on this one, and feels great. The anodized finished is just awesome. You guys should all order an EGC today. If you are saving up for a guitar, there's no better way to spend your money.

http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/index.php/model/King-Buzzo-Standard/fuseaction/models.77d7eb47.htm
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

K4rJ4kC

Dumpster D

Buzz Facing toward his Amplifiers at 90 percent Volume!

Mad Arab

Jackson necks are my favorite. A jackson neck on a Gibson would be the ultimate guitar.