Colossus of Destiny question

Started by PrickHonky, August 13, 2009, 03:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrickHonky

I have read several reviews for this album that state this was released by Melvins as a joke Just wondering if this was true. I love the album no matter what, I was just curious. Either way, I think it was a brilliant idea to play a "noise/experimental" show and then release it as a live albun.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

black stallion

i don't think it was a joke and the fact Buzz considers COD as one of his favourite Melvins albums proves that.
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

PrickHonky

Quote from: black stallion on August 13, 2009, 03:41:08 PM
i don't think it was a joke and the fact Buzz considers COD as one of his favourite Melvins albums proves that.

thanks. glad to finally understand. I like to play that album when I want people to get the hell out of my apartment. Plus I enjoy the looks they give me when they hear it
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

black stallion

oh,it's just my opinion...don't take me so seriously!btw,it's nice to meet you,do you prefer COD or Prick just out of curiosity?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

PrickHonky

Nice to meet you too. Not really sure which one I prefer, I like them both equally I guess.  COD gets more play time than Prick but that is about it.

Juan

norecess

Uncle Fester

COD is like the only release I dont own.

r40f

it's a good album, there's no trick to it.

Uncle Fester

I would like to hear the COD version of eye flys. everyone keeps saying how brutal it is.

nothintothenotice

Mount Ambulance

I donno ... Eye Flys ... it's brutal sure ... but more than simply that ... IMO it gains alot of its' charm also that it is birthed from the 50 min malestorm that preceeds it ... perfect flow ... it just works ... kinda like the 2x4 shows w/ DSS noise intros ... or the bass intro to Manky ...
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Uncle Fester

seas of luck

Quote from: Uncle Fester on August 16, 2009, 04:58:07 PM
Quote from: nothintothenotice on August 16, 2009, 03:58:49 PM
Go buy now
Ill trade ya a couple mars bars for your copy.

Even if you don't like the album the artwork is great.  I think there are plenty of used copies on amazon.

glen

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on August 16, 2009, 04:35:46 PM
I donno ... Eye Flys ... it's brutal sure ... but more than simply that ... IMO it gains alot of its' charm also that it is birthed from the 50 min malestorm that preceeds it ... perfect flow ... it just works ... kinda like the 2x4 shows w/ DSS noise intros ... or the bass intro to Manky ...

nailed it.

not to mention buzz goes all cookie monster on the vox.  its damn beautiful.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN