Nude With Boots Vinyl

Started by TOOL, September 26, 2009, 04:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moderndayviking

I love when people turn things into a pissing match.  I am not impressed that you have 500 pieces of vinyl, which is probably more like around 250 or less.  If you have this much vinyl you should be a bit more used to warped records by now and not so angry about it.
Oh Yeah!  I forgot to take my pills.....

Rev. Mike

I don't think HeavyR was turning this into a pissing match, just providing some reference.   I have been buying records for a good 25 years now, and between my wife and I we probably have at least 1000 records in our house (which I am absolutely not bragging about, it's insanity is what it is, an 850 sq ft house with 2 adults, 2 children, a cat, and 1000's of records, CDs, books, and cassettes, it makes no sense), and I have to say that this is one of the worst pressings of a record I have seen between the flimsy jacket and the warpage.   I have bought still sealed records that were 10, 15, 30, and 40 years old where the jackets looked warped and when I opened them the vinyl was fine.  I have seen some people say that they got copies of NWB that were not warped, and that is great, but I think this pressing had some serious quality control issues.

Juan

Quote from: heavyR on November 19, 2009, 09:17:52 AM
Quote from: moderndayviking on November 17, 2009, 01:54:22 PM
Mine was warped and I definitely do not consider it a "piece of shit vinyl". 

Compared to the 500 other vinyl in my room right now, the packaging and actual quality of this pressing is terrible. I love the Melvins and will probably hold onto this copy and still buy a re-press when its released. I think that if you have to place a vinyl under heavy books just to be able to listen then you have a major problem. Ipecac should have done quality control and opened one or two of these records before releasing.

EVERY half decent record label has test pressings of each release to make sure the press is fine before pressing a shitload more.

Looks like this is down to the packaging process by the sounds of it?

dijk cheese

warped records fetching money is ludicrous.
if you want to de-warp it, the heavy books will hardly work. a trick is to get a flat piece of somthing (board, whatever as long as it is flat sturdy and bigger than the record) put the record in between that and a piece of glass and leave it in the sun for a bit.
if you are a fuckwit and want a warped record, put it in the sun without the glass and board.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

Like Stee

Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on November 19, 2009, 11:37:18 AM

That's definitely what's going on with mine.  If the vinyl had shipped in a decent sleeve I'm convinced it would not be warped.

Quote from: dijk cheese on November 19, 2009, 12:11:10 PM
if you want to de-warp it, the heavy books will hardly work. a trick is to get a flat piece of somthing (board, whatever as long as it is flat sturdy and bigger than the record) put the record in between that and a piece of glass and leave it in the sun for a bit.

I'll get right on that next spring when the sun comes out again.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Juan

Quote from: Like Stee on November 19, 2009, 06:58:22 PM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on November 19, 2009, 11:37:18 AM

That's definitely what's going on with mine.  If the vinyl had shipped in a decent sleeve I'm convinced it would not be warped.

In that case the pressing of the vinyl has been fine. It's the packaging process that is screwing them up. Ipecac need to have a word with the folks taking car of that end of the business.

the crybaby

i have been lucky enought to get a unwarped copy... and it sound's ok.
but i think a band like the melvins have deserved an much better production (in this case the cardboard stock is a piece of sh*t).
and everybody knows (also the ipacac people) that a melvins LP limited to 3000 copies will sell out quick, so i can't unterstand why they didn't use a better cardboard? i won't have complained if it would have cost 1 buck more ...

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: the crybaby on November 20, 2009, 09:29:16 AM
but i think a band like the melvins have deserved an much better production (in this case the cardboard stock is a piece of sh*t).
and everybody knows (also the ipacac people) that a melvins LP limited to 3000 copies will sell out quick, so i can't unterstand why they didn't use a better cardboard? i won't have complained if it would have cost 1 buck more ...

Word up Babay.  Hey Crybaby, did you see the Melvins 7" - "Six songs" debut TEST ACETATE & Test Pressing on ebay?

The prices he's asking are crazy,but they sure are nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320450064063&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320450061821&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

jules

Quote from: the crybaby on November 20, 2009, 11:10:43 AM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on November 20, 2009, 10:31:06 AM
Hey Crybaby, did you see the Melvins 7" - "Six songs" debut TEST ACETATE & Test Pressing on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320450064063&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320450061821&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

they are nice indeed.

If 16 of us chipped in 50 bucks each we could get it and keep it for 6 months on a rotation basis....

irezumi

Quote from: dijk cheese on November 19, 2009, 12:11:10 PM

what works for me is to put it between two pieces of newspaper & run a hot iron over the newspaper.

Juan

Word up Babay.  Hey Crybaby, did you see the Melvins 7" - "Six songs" debut TEST ACETATE & Test Pressing on ebay?

I've put a bid on both of them.

tinnitus photo

jules

Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on November 21, 2009, 01:49:44 PM

I've put a bid on both of them.

Well, someone did, they aren't there now.....