MY KICK ASS EBAY FIND!!!!!!

Started by PrickHonky, October 19, 2009, 10:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garnz

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 22, 2019, 01:02:56 AM
Quote from: Garnz on August 22, 2019, 12:46:32 AM

Nice collection! Nice to see one of the GPT Lisa Pemrick versions in good hands. I hope you did not have to pay too much for the Stag test pressing.
? In the picture?

Yes, in the top row second from the left and between the Honkys.

Dumpster D

That is quite a haul there I'd say....Honky(s) plural...I mean Jesus!

Where's OldErnie when you need him?!?!

jules

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

GiveMe45

Been loosely keeping an eye on the original first press of the Deep Six comp for some years now.  Got it on CD in the 90's and I think it's even signed by Buzz.  I didn't get real serious about vinyl until the last 10 years or so.  I have probably 1500 or so (not counting the additional hundreds that I lost, had stolen or gave away, etc) CDs from my teens, 20's and 30's with only a modest accumulation of vinyl during that time.  Even more recent was getting to a point in my life that I could afford an occasional impulse/irresponsible/unreasonable purchase without really feeling too bad about it.  When I first started watching for Deep Six it would typically be good condition = stupid price tag and/or reasonable price = uncertain/questionable condition.  Usually hovering from low $100s to high $200s.  After Cornell died I even saw it listed in the $400 range a couple times.  So I just figured that I didn't really ever need to get my hopes up.  A few weeks ago it shows up on eBay again.  Description includes NM++, "about as perfect of a copy as you will find".  The opening price was around $120.  I immediately put in a bid of $130.  As I started to move on I stumbled upon the 'other items from this seller' which included a never opened copy of the second album by my favorite punk band from the old hometown.  Again, had it forever on CD but never on vinyl.  It was a 'buy it now' listing that was set around $15 or so.  I immediately offered $27 and it was accepted.  The seller turned out to be the bassist from the band and when responded to my message asking about it he said he'd throw in some extras.  Fast forward to last Tuesday with a couple hours left in the Deep Six listing.  Get a notification that I've been outbid.  It was up to $135.  With less than an hour left it gets up to $155 but stays steady.  With a minute left I decide I'm going all in no matter what but no other bids come in.  With 11 seconds left I put in a bid of $175.  The clock ticks down to zero and there's that moment between screens that seems like an eternity.  Next thing I see is 'You had the winning bid!'.  Didn't really yell, scream or dance since I was walking to the store but I was smiling a little more than usual.  The seller contacted me the next day to thank me and said he's shipping everything together and would put it in the mail in the next day or so.  I haven't been at my house in Oregon for about a week and a half  and realized the other day how many packages are on my porch.  Yesterday I asked a coworker (who was a previous tenant in my house) if she could drive by and check my mailbox.  She texted me a picture later saying there was absolutely no room for anything else in my mailbox.  In that picture was a package with the return address I was hoping for.  Can't wait to go open all my packages!

jules

That's a great story! I had no idea Deep Six was fetching those kinds of prices. Wonder if it will ever be re-released on vinyl.

GiveMe45

Quote from: jules on April 07, 2020, 04:32:31 PM
That's a great story! I had no idea Deep Six was fetching those kinds of prices. Wonder if it will ever be re-released on vinyl.
With Soundgarden on it that could be tricky.  I think A&M had the rights to it so who knows...

John Schuller

I have my original copy of Deep Six on vinyl that I picked up in 1987. It is pretty scratched up because I was a dumb kid!! Same with my original Gluey Porch Treatments and Ozma records.

Dumpster D

Quote from: sadcorps on April 08, 2020, 11:21:42 AM
I have my original copy of Deep Six on vinyl that I picked up in 1987. It is pretty scratched up because I was a dumb kid!! Same with my original Gluey Porch Treatments and Ozma records.

I have a Deep six Tape sealed.

I should have kept GPT on cassette sealed but it had some bonus stuff on the tape off the 6 songs EP, it was like 4.99 off Ebay like 18 years ago, my friend bought two sealed copies and gave one to me they were so cheap!

deatheats

Congrats on the find 45!  I also got quite lucky on getting ahold of a copy...

A couple of years back on my birthday, my wife surprised me with a sealed copy of Deep Six on vinyl :shock:
I asked her how the hell she got a hold of it, and somehow she had been looking at the Discogs page at just the right moment, when one of the original producers Chris Hanzsek happened to put up a sealed copy for sale. 

One of my most prized Melvins possessions!

GiveMe45

Really need to stop but I just won two of my favorites from the AmRep singles, Ggiibbyy and Lexicon Devil.  Both are said to be in perfect condition and never played.

Dumpster D

Quote from: GiveMe45 on April 18, 2020, 07:47:03 PM
Really need to stop but I just won two of my favorites from the AmRep singles, Ggiibbyy and Lexicon Devil.  Both are said to be in perfect condition and never played.

Those are something I've never seen here in the wild..not a one.

Has anyone ever sold the entire lot of those before?

GiveMe45

Quote from: Dumpster D on April 19, 2020, 05:51:14 AM

They are all over eBay right now.  I think there is a sale for the whole lot but I have enough of the individual copies that I'll just keep trying to track them down one by one.

rimb

I bought an entire set on eBay for about $120 back in 2006.

:D

vince furnier

Homeless Dad was selling his buddy's Melvins stuff on here once and I bought the complete HAT singles set and I believe Paul bought the complete AmRep singles set.
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian