Your Blessened 8-inch flexis needed

Started by jules, December 15, 2009, 09:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

My copy is not numbered, instead it is written: "You lucky dog, this is the special unnumbered edition!"
Am I to understand there were a few pressed with the same message?

the crybaby

this is the 3rd pressing.
the first 2 pressings (both in an edition of 1000) are handnumbered...

jules

Quote from: the crybaby on December 17, 2009, 03:13:40 AM
this is the 3rd pressing.
the first 2 pressings (both in an edition of 1000) are handnumbered...
Thanks.

So, it's time to build up the flexi collection. If anyone wants to sell any I don't have, it'd be cool to hear from you. Wot I've got:

clear flexi / orange sleeve (Buzz)
clear flexi / yellow sleeve (Buzz)
clear flexi / blue sleeve (Dale)

yellow flexi / blue sleeve (Dale)

red flexi / red sleeve (Dale)
red flexi / blue sleeve (Dale)

SeattleSam

Quote from: jules on December 15, 2009, 09:20:43 AM
My copy is not numbered, instead it is written: "You lucky dog, this is the special unnumbered edition!"
Am I to understand there were a few pressed with the same message, or is this a one-off?
Doesn't your blue sleeve have the same thing printed on it?
I am a raper guy, obviously.

-Dc

jules

Quote from: SeattleSam on April 29, 2011, 05:30:07 AM
Quote from: jules on December 15, 2009, 09:20:43 AM
Am I to understand there were a few pressed with the same message, or is this a one-off?
Doesn't your blue sleeve have the same thing printed on it?
When I posted that it was the only one I had. Actually, though, the red sleeve is the only one I have with that written on it. All my others are numbered.

Angus Khan

I dunno how you do it Jules.  I have about 400 cds and I still keep them at my parents house for safety as I had a break in in one flat I was in.  I don't think I could leave the house if I had your fine priceless collection of millions of items.  I think I'd probably have cctv, bear traps, boobie traps you name it.  Sometimes I think the downloaders have the right idea not getting attached to material possesions.
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

the crybaby

Quote from: jules on April 29, 2011, 03:21:53 AM
So, it's time to build up the flexi collection. If anyone wants to sell any I don't have, it'd be cool to hear from you. Wot I've got:

clear flexi / orange sleeve (Buzz)
clear flexi / yellow sleeve (Buzz)
clear flexi / blue sleeve (Dale)

yellow flexi / blue sleeve (Dale)

red flexi / blue sleeve (Dale)

i think you have some mixed-up versions:
1st pressing clear wax w/ buzz at cover (edition of 1000, handnumbered)
orange cover
yellow cover
2nd pressing yellow wax w/ dale at cover (edition of 1000, handnumbered)
blue cover
3rd pressing red wax w/ dale at cover (edition of 1000, unnumbered)
red cover
green cover
yellow cover

jules

Quote from: the crybaby on April 30, 2011, 10:41:41 AM
i think you have some mixed-up versions
I guess they're interchangable.
Thanks crybaby.
I'd like a yellow Dale, a green Dale and a white Buzz. (you don't mention the white Buzz, crybaby, but melvins wiki does)

EDIT: There were some leftover clear and red flexis that were put into blue sleeves, apparently.

TOOL

I have a blue cover with Dale on the cover.  The flexi itself is yellow.  On the inside cover it's printed You lucky dog, this is HAND PRINTED  #256"[ then bact to the regular printing and says /b]of 1000 copies made.  Wow, don't you feel special.
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

the crybaby

Quote from: jules on April 30, 2011, 10:51:47 AM
Quote from: the crybaby on April 30, 2011, 10:41:41 AM
i think you have some mixed-up versions
What I was thinking! I guess they're as interchangable as the person doing the interchanging!
Thanks crybaby.
I'd like a yellow Dale, a green Dale and a white Buzz. (you don't mention the white Buzz, crybaby, but melvins wiki does)

i am not 100% sure about the white one... i think the info at wiki came from me: i once saw a copy at ebay with a white cover. around that time i shared my info about the melvins discography with brian for themelvins.net and the white sleeve version has been put at the disco side...
later i asked chris dodge about the white sleeve version and he told me that it never has existed.... mybe someone just made a white cover version at home for himself...
maybe here is someone who has a white sleeve version...

i am still searching the red flexi w/ yellow sleeve

LebRon Maiden

Quote from: jules on April 29, 2011, 03:21:53 AM

Now you've got two!