The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gesundheit

Based on the reviews (and I still haven't heard a single note, Day 2: still going strong, big whoop) the vibe I get is similar to my feelings on the albums Stoner Witch and Stag. They way you all describe the character of this one is similar to how I describe those two albums to other people. Now it probably sounds NOTHING like those two albums but based on what I'm hearing...it seems to be that sort of caliber.

And Buzz's comments about "the next album" being a "step in (whatever it was) direction" seem to be accurate as well.

Smash the State

Is impossible to listen tihs album and then don't by it...
So it's not a problem download it now.  :D

The first time i heard The Water Glass i didn't believe to my ears... it can't be the melvins...
Now make me smile everytime.

The Bride Screamed Murder is really crazy.
I love this madness... it's very hard  to remember the song after not many plays.

Curious for the live shows!!!

Afterbirthmilkshake

Quote from: blag jesus himself on May 05, 2010, 04:09:15 PM
this album is god damn great.
insulting somebody's grammar skills while at the same time fucking up the tense in your own sentence is god damn greater.

Mount Ambulance

Yup the BB/Melvins thing has completely flowered ... or exploded! What they've been pushin' at since absorbing those boys is finally realized ... for those expecting/hoping for that Maggot kinda feel predicted ... best dig Fuzzy Dice Swingin' Big Balled Camero Rock!! While up until now that push was kinda rubbin' me wrong ... now it's a happier ending! Indeed, sounds like nothing they've pulled off before ... while firmly in the "rock" vein it's got some great arrangement that keeps the ball curving ... that's where alots' comin' from I think ... on first listen I heard alota what kinda seemed predictable heard 'em before "classic rock" style riffs and tunes ... much like the lighter more accessible fare from NWB ... a kinder, gentler Melvins ... but this time around that
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

I am the Sun

The Water Glass is the closest the Melvins have ever come to sounding like a marching band.

moose

Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

MrLuck87

Quote from: moose on May 05, 2010, 07:54:18 PM
How do the drums sound?

Great, but more than anything I can't stress enough that this is a very weird album.  After the first few listens you won't even be thinking about any specific riff or drum line.  It will just feel like a blur.

brian

Hey guys I've gotten a few e-mails already saying that people were posting download links to the leaked album on this message board, I know there's nothing I can do about the album leaking as this is the nature of the world in which we live but do me a huge favor and please don't post links and/or buried treasure maps on how to acquire the album illegally on the bbs. By the time I got to the computer to remove the link it appears as though another moderator already did which I really appreciate. Independent bands and labels struggle to make ends meet, and if the people that put the music out don't post the music for free on the internet then that most likely means they don't want it done and this message board shouldn't be turned into a tool to circumvent their wishes. Thanks!

Mad Arab

Quote from: dijk cheese on May 05, 2010, 05:41:49 PM
way to bring down the vibe 5th horseman or whatever lame name you choose to call yourself this week.
its 6.30am and im listening to it again afresh. love it. really into the guapo sounding bits on evil new war god.
Nothing like the guilt of stealing to bring down the vibe.

Afterbirthmilkshake

It's hard to wrap my head around this new album.  I know that I like it.  I'm curious about the inspiration behind the army chant in the water glass.  There's not alot of slow building ambient noise and the sludge factor seems to have been removed.  I miss these things but I also understand that every album cannot be sludgy.  It feels a bit surreal, kind of like one of those Melvins dreams where they release an album of showtunes or something.  

I'm trying hard not to burn it out.  

Which song was from the 90's
was it inhumanity and death?  

the baron

Quote from: The 5th Horsemen on May 05, 2010, 08:10:09 PM
Quote from: dijk cheese on May 05, 2010, 05:41:49 PM
way to bring down the vibe 5th horseman or whatever lame name you choose to call yourself this week.
its 6.30am and im listening to it again afresh. love it. really into the guapo sounding bits on evil new war god.
Nothing like the guilt of stealing to bring down the vibe.

Nothing like the stink of jealousy to bring the vibe down even further.

Every post you make, all I can think about is this web comic:

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Braykfast

These guys are proof that you don't have to say fuck, shit, cunt, cock, twat, pussy, or asshole to make an amazing album in 2010.

What's with the fucking insane outro on My Generation?!
"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

Mount Ambulance

As for the leaking & downing ... in complete agreement w/ 5th and Brian ... This place kinda acts like the defacto official site ... posting that shit here is just bad form, ya know? Why'd ya need links and clues here anyway? Don't you know how to surf the net? It was all over the place!

You can try to justify it ... and some of those justifications may even carry merit ... that doesn't change the black & white to the wishy washy colour downloaders paint themselves in ... and that colour looks bad on ya anyhow ... you look good in black & white ... have some balls ... your a thief, admit it! Unless you bought it, you stole it ... pretty elementary logic really and generally speaking, stealing ... at least from those you love, like or respect ... is wrong. Again pretty simple really.

I say what they all say
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!