The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlehanz

Quote from: brian on May 05, 2010, 08:06:45 PM
Hey guys I've gotten a few e-mails already saying that people were posting download links to the leaked album on this message board, I know there's nothing I can do about the album leaking as this is the nature of the world in which we live but do me a huge favor and please don't post links and/or buried treasure maps on how to acquire the album illegally on the bbs. Independent bands and labels struggle to make ends meet, and if the people that put the music out don't post the music for free on the internet then that most likely means they don't want it done and this message board shouldn't be turned into a tool to circumvent their wishes. Thanks!

Just as a reminder. 

In case he whose post I just deleted wonders why.

Idlehanz

Quote from: lifer on May 10, 2010, 07:10:25 PM
pardon?  vinyl of Colossus of Destiny?  surely, you jest.
No more than Juan would :)

Conor

Colossus Of Destiny is amazing and I think that it represents a side of the Melvins' multiple personalities that I personally want to see more of.
I'm going to pray for you all now.

Braykfast

To those Bride Screamed Murder haters...the lyrics to the song Rat Faced Granny(or as I hear them). I think it summarizes Buzz's attitude towards those who want a particular kind of music from the same band.

What?! Nothing new.
Annoyed?! Nothing new.
Oh, you think you're wild, but you're nothing new.
And now you're wound(ed)
Nothing new.
And that's so wild, but it's nothing new.
And now you're older...Nothing!

Don't even worry, and they'll think it's good.

Seriously, get in a fucking time machine and hang out with Rutmanis era Melvins if you can't handle progress.
"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

>>>JZS<<<

Hey remember, it won't be how you found it.
Hey forget it, it won't be what you wanted.

Hospital Up..........luv it.  :D

rhett E rock

i instantly like this album....there's maybe 2 songs i'm not crazy about.  the rest of the material is strong.  a lot to chew on with this one.  i'll definitely buy this when it comes out.  couldn't say the same about Nude With Boots though. 

turnacus

Van Hagar

TheLegitMan93

I finally gave into temptation and listened to the album today. I must say that so far, "I'll Finish You Off" is totally the best song on the album!!!

MrLuck87

Everytime I hear Electric Flower I want to pick up my bass and start playing!  Buzz was right about great music inspiring.

Quote from: Braykfast on May 10, 2010, 07:51:34 PM
To those Bride Screamed Murder haters...the lyrics to the song Rat Faced Granny(or as I hear them). I think it summarizes Buzz's attitude towards those who want a particular kind of music from the same band.

What?! Nothing new.
Annoyed?! Nothing new.
And now you're wound(ed)
Nothing new.

Seriously, get in a fucking time machine and hang out with Rutmanis era Melvins if you can't handle progress.

=D&gt; Seriously.  This album is as strong as anything they've done in the past.  I kind of feel bad for the people who think The Melvins peaked.

erin

I've been listening to this album alot recently and becoming quite fond of it. It really feels like they've hit their creative apex with this lineup.
I could have lived without the Jared song though... but there are eight other great tracks to make up for it. The vocals are so much better than NWB's.

The military cadence caught me so off guard the 1st time. Awesome. But the best part of all is I got my 9:30 club tickets yesterday, I cannot wait to hear how this is all done live.
TV Mind... time to wake up

glen

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on May 10, 2010, 08:16:29 PM

Hospital Up..........luv it.  :D

fuckin song makes me want to cry.
a top 10 MELVINS track.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

jules

jules

For those of us in the UK Bride is available pre-ordered for 7.47 post-free at amazon.co.uk

(the) Razor

Quote from: Braykfast on May 10, 2010, 07:51:34 PM

What?! Nothing new.
Annoyed?! Nothing new.
And now you're wound(ed)
Nothing new.

Calm down princess, it's all good.

Rat Faced Granny is about that certain "woman" that buzz keeps on referring to every other interview I would imagine.
Don't click this