Listen To New Melvins "Electric Flower" Remixes

Started by >>>JZS<<<, August 03, 2010, 04:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegitMan93

>>>JZS<<<

MrLuck87

I must admit I was a bit skeptical after Chicken Switch but I'm really liking this.  It would have been a really cool electronic build up to the real Electric Flower but track 4 kind of ruined it.

Is this coming out on cd?

>>>JZS<<<

>>>>  http://preemtiv.com/emails/melvins/  <<<<

* Doorly from the UK is known for his ability to hop from genre to genre, creating a hybrid electro style that combines elements of house, drum & bass, dubstep and other sounds. On his treatment of "Electric Flower," Doorly makes the track jump and pop with percussion and hand drums mixed in with a glitchy bassline, transforming Buzz Osborne's vocals into a call to keep raging until the sun comes up.

* It's hard to believe that "Electric Flower" could get any more massive, but by bringing up the guitars and focusing in on the bass drum, Lovelock makes it stadium sized. While there is a definite classic rock radio feel to this interpretation, the electronic flourishes manage to tie it to new wave and the disco's dying days.

* This dubstep assault may be the most unexpected remix on this collection, but because of MRK1's considerable talents, the results are suitably smashing. Adding a pounding bassline and synthesizer sirens, Manchester's MRK1 takes the track from heavy rocker to aggro banger.

* San Francisco house DJ and producer J Phlip flips "Electric Flower" with a jumpy bassline, ringing blips and a robo-altering of Buzz Osborne's vocals, changing what was once a warning into a futuristic call to the dancefloor. Get up and get into it.

* The original version of "Electric Flower" powers through with sludgy guitars and marching drums. It's a raw attack that should make false followers cower in fear. Let's get it!

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

BallsFunky

glen

Quote from: BallsFunky on August 08, 2010, 09:53:15 PM
:shock:Is this like when KISS went Disco? :shock:

I assume you haven't heard chicken switch.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

norecess

i think it's up there with the biz bot remixes.

>>>JZS<<<

I got a copy of the CD for free and a pair of scion socks. I forgot my local comic/book/toy shop, Atomic Books,
was a scion outlet.          

You can get it free with any $25 purchase...

http://atomicbooks.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/scion-a-v-remix-the-melvins-electric-flower-cd

DCGod

OK, on the count of 3, everyone quit pretending to like Melvins remixes(including Chicken Scratch). 1,2,3!

blewis

The one and only....

DCGod

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on August 21, 2010, 08:04:08 AM
I got a copy of the CD for free and a pair of scion socks. I forgot my local comic/book/toy shop, Atomic Books,
was a scion outlet.          

You can get it free with any $25 purchase...

http://atomicbooks.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/scion-a-v-remix-the-melvins-electric-flower-cd

Do Scion socks make your feet look like little boxes? :lol: