Melvins in Hollywood at the Troubadour 15 Sep 10

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, September 15, 2010, 07:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

grays harbor mafia

"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN


glen

exaclty how slow do you have to drive for it to take you 2 days to get from sac-town(ish) to LA?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN


shreddygeddy

Water Glass
Amazon
Talking Horse
Pinhead
The Kicking Machine
Oven
Electric Flower
Evil New War God
Pig House
Sacrifice
Billy Fish
Black Bock
Civilized Worm
Bacon Industry
Night Goat
Lovely Butterfly

this is out of order and missing one or two songs

A lot of fun but pretty similar to the casbah show a few months ago.

rictus

Quote from: glen on September 16, 2010, 11:01:14 AM
exaclty how slow do you have to drive for it to take you 2 days to get from sac-town(ish) to LA?

Pretty slow? bHm is somewhere else.


glen

Quote from: rictus on September 16, 2010, 11:29:36 AM
Quote from: glen on September 16, 2010, 11:01:14 AM
exaclty how slow do you have to drive for it to take you 2 days to get from sac-town(ish) to LA?

Pretty slow? bHm is somewhere else.



me no thinky so.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

gesundheit

It was absolutely awesome..the Casbah show in June had a few different tunes played and was two sets..I'm pretty sure the set was the same as some of the most recent shows.

They had the box set but I had no where near enough money for it this time...it's still $200.

The Water Glass opener was huge. Every song pummeled but some of the standouts were Pig House, Sacrifice, Bacon Industry and Night Goat.

A cool part of the evening was when I realized there was a kid in the venue getting to see his first Melvins show with both parents. I was sitting up on the balcony (a nice spot, pics to come) with my girlfriend and they were sitting right behind me. The parents didn't know who they were but the kid (no older than 14...and I might be giving him a few years) said to me that he had been waiting a while for them to come around and play a venue that he could go to. I guess the Troubadour is 18 and up so it probably wasn't too hard for them to let in the youngster with his mom and dad.

I believe that Buzz really loves to play AMAZON. That song is so heavy...fuck. I have a video of it too. I'll be able to share in a week or so.

smoking roach

(longtime lurker, 1st post)

Last night was my 10th Melvins show at the Troubadour. They never disappoint, but last night was up there with the greatest shows I've seen. They are just so goddam powerful, the place got pummelled.

It was the first time I've heard them play Black Bock and they also did a great version of  Happy Birthday. 1st time hearing Bacon Industry? also, massive speed! Sacrifice was maybe the heaviest song of the night. The Oven blast was intense with Jared and  Dale doing chimpmunk vocals.

The set was 1hr 20mins. Coady, Jared and Dale were all wearing medieval knight garb.
The Melvins are true professionals, just incredible the amount of power they lay out, still after all these years.


LebRon Maiden

Thanks for the pictures.
What shirts did they have for sale?  Any vinyl?  Anything else aside from the box set?

hagus667

3 shirts:  
1.  the dead bass players shirt
2.  the 3 skulls on front zebras on the back shirt
3.  some sort of winged insignia shirt.  
4.  Box set
5.  The Bride Screamed Murder CD,
6.  that Scion remix CD
7.  (A) Senile Animal vinyl.  
8.  some cool silkscreen posters.

 That box set looks so great, but there's no way to justify it until I win the lottery.
"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light gauge if I'm gonna thrash!"

Dubwise Ministry Juan