Do MELVINS pay homage to PINK FLOYD on BOOTLICKER?

Started by boldfacedlie, October 18, 2010, 06:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mints

Someone mentioned  "over hyped" as though that has anything to with the band. And why would anyone even consider The Wall when talking about good Pink Floyd albums? They had a long run and, like most bands, the latter portion sometimes stinks. The early stuff, though, is so obviously worthy of investigation and even praise. You don't think Piper At The Gates Of Dawn is a great album? You can't find creative/weird/wonderful stuff on every album between at least '67 to '75? How about '67 to '69? Have you listened to Ummagumma? I don't mean to begrudge people their tastes or anything but I don't know what excessive press coverage has to do with the band. 

anaconda

I love Relics, Animals, Ummagumma, Dark Side.., Atom Heart Mother. I even love most of the Roger Waters solo albums.
To get this back on topic, I definitely think the typography on (A)SA was influenced by the typography on
the re-issue of Relics

(the) Razor

Pink Floyd only made a half a good album. Once.

I'm right, you're wrong.
Don't click this

norecess

their song 'one of these days' is a blueprint for porn (who covered it on 'experiments in feedback')


Pink Floyd - One of These Days

MrLuck87

I love all the pre Final Cut stuff but what's bugs me are the people who claim to like Pink Floyd and then mostly listen to the Division Bell.  Dear God that album is atrocious and can't even be considered Pink Floyd.

LebRon Maiden

It's sad if you can't realize the brilliance of Pink Floyd.  It's like there's something wrong with your soul.

glen

pink floyd is music.

(did I just take that too far?)
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: )))((( on October 25, 2010, 05:24:14 PM
I sort of agree. The Wall in particular sucks big time! A bloated bag of spectacular drivel. Still i dont think you blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ...

Fixed

Quote from: pinkyslim on October 25, 2010, 05:29:24 PM
I hear ya.

Just over hyped or something :-k
I prefer blah blah blah blah blah blah

Anyhoot,

blah blah blah *cough* blah blah blah ...

Fixed

Quote from: Razor on October 26, 2010, 04:58:52 AM
Pink Floyd only made a blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ...

I'm blah blah blah blah blah ...

Fixed


Quote from: )))((( on October 26, 2010, 06:21:57 AM
Ummagumma's first half is pretty great. Its been a long time since i listened to it but i remember thinking the second half was pretty poor. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ...

Fixed

Obviously you retards don't do enough drugs ... or have any real taste in music. Floyd sucks? Floyds' overrated? Yeah, you guys (and gal) are obviously staight edge and clueless.

Quote from: Mints on October 20, 2010, 07:05:26 PM
Quote from: DCGod on October 20, 2010, 02:00:45 PM
If you want to hear real homage to Floyd (all the cool kids never said Pink :toke:)

All the cool kids said "the Floyd". Anyone who said "Floyd" was tepid at best.

Are you a Narc or something? The only people who said "The" Floyd were stuffy, elegant accented, tweed wearing, pipe smoking, bespected squares working at the BBC in the late 60's..

DCGod


jules

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on October 27, 2010, 06:12:14 PM
Are you a Narc or something? The only people who said "The" Floyd were stuffy, elegant accented, tweed wearing, pipe smoking, bespected squares working at the BBC in the late 60's..

rictus

Quote from: jules on October 27, 2010, 06:26:09 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on October 27, 2010, 06:12:14 PM
Are you a Narc or something? The only people who said "The" Floyd were stuffy, elegant accented, tweed wearing, pipe smoking, bespected squares working at the BBC in the late 60's..


:lol:

Mount Ambulance

WTF! How ya post pics on the interwebs these days? Everything Imageshack is giving me just shows bin the post as code???

Thou it's just Bob in tweed & tie ... no pipe though.

boldfacedlie

"Obviously you retards don't do enough drugs ... or have any real taste in music. Floyd sucks? Floyds' overrated? Yeah, you guys (and gal) are obviously staight edge and clueless."

very well spoken. no beating around the bush here

jlamour

Quote from: rictus on October 19, 2010, 02:51:23 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on October 19, 2010, 02:46:04 PM
Quote from: glen on October 19, 2010, 01:24:26 PM
I heard that if you play The Bootlicker simultaneously with the film The Wizard of Oz...                   or no, that was something else.

You're thinking of "Debbie Does Dallas".

It really syncs up when Up The Dumper comes on.
:mrgreen:

meezer

This thread rocks! I love and hate Pink Floyd, simultaneously. Across several dimensions, both real and imagined......and also hallucinated.  :toke:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix