The Next Melvins Album

Started by Afterbirthmilkshake, November 06, 2010, 09:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you want to see Buzz and Dale do a fourth album with Jared and Coady???

Yes
60 (64.5%)
No
33 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Uncle Fester

Quote from: jules on November 09, 2010, 01:22:05 PM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on November 09, 2010, 12:50:59 PM
Quote from: Razor on November 09, 2010, 02:54:04 AM
Buzz needs to get his ears checked up on, his tone sounds like piss.
"Like Piss"    :shock:  :lol:

When is the last time that you had your ears checked ? ...or you maybe you have
the worlds crappiest stereo system. I could send you some a box of  Q-tips, cause you obviously
got some shit up in yer ear holes.

Man, I would love to hear you tell  Mr. Buzz what you'd  do to make his tone sound better.  :lol:

Also, I'll bet there is a 50/50 chance you don't even play guitar, or have ever
picked one up. But, by all means, please post some of your awesome shredding
skills & perfect tone control & prove me wrong.

The Gibson always sounded better.
well put jules.
and I voted no, I dont want to see another album with big business. or if they did I hope they tell jared hes not allowed to sing  :lol:  hes a terrible vocalist IMO and ruins every melvins song he sings on. he also needs to get rid of his gay little jazz bass. I said it before and Ill say it once more, two drummers = severely muddy live sound. seeing the melvins play as a 4 pc  a couple months before seeing them play as a 3 with trevor totally proved that for me. 
these are just my opinions, so please no hate messages.

Afterbirthmilkshake

There have been some great moments with BB.  I just hope to hear a two piece Buzz and Dale album as the closer to their long beautiful career (which I hope never ends). 

I think jared's best vocal moment is on  A History of Bad Men. But either way NO ONE sounds like Buzz.   

I also secretly wish for a Melvins/nomeansno collaboration.   

And a Fantomas pinball machine that makes mike patton noises. 

Can We also get  a little more David Scott Stone and that wire thing that makes the great sounds?

I also want to be able to buy Mackie's art at the merch booth. 

I cant help it

my melvins boner just wont go down

black stallion

Quote from: Uncle Fester on November 09, 2010, 03:18:44 PM
Quote from: jules on November 09, 2010, 01:22:05 PM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on November 09, 2010, 12:50:59 PM
Quote from: Razor on November 09, 2010, 02:54:04 AM
Buzz needs to get his ears checked up on, his tone sounds like piss.
"Like Piss"    :shock:  :lol:

When is the last time that you had your ears checked ? ...or you maybe you have
the worlds crappiest stereo system. I could send you some a box of  Q-tips, cause you obviously
got some shit up in yer ear holes.

Man, I would love to hear you tell  Mr. Buzz what you'd  do to make his tone sound better.  :lol:

Also, I'll bet there is a 50/50 chance you don't even play guitar, or have ever
picked one up. But, by all means, please post some of your awesome shredding
skills & perfect tone control & prove me wrong.

The Gibson always sounded better.
these are just my opinions, so please no hate messages.
check your PM,your box should be full of my hate messages   :P

Quote from: Afterbirthmilkshake on November 10, 2010, 12:06:38 AM
Can We also get  a little more David Scott Stone and that wire thing that makes the great sounds?

no,according to some people here DSS had some problems with Buzz too
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(((O)))

I just hope to hear a two piece Buzz and Dale album as the closer to their long beautiful career.
That would be really cool actually. After all the years and all the band members it all comes down to Buzz and Dale in the end. Can you imagine how lovely a farewell tour with just the two of them would be? I dont want to see that for at least another 20 years tho!

Afterbirthmilkshake

In that case he should be forced to play his wire thing in shame with his back to the crowd and for no pay.  But nevertheless he should still play it.    :-({|=

DCGod

Quote from: )))((( on November 10, 2010, 07:44:30 AM
I just hope to hear a two piece Buzz and Dale album as the closer to their long beautiful career.
That would be really cool actually. After all the years and all the band members it all comes down to Buzz and Dale in the end. Can you imagine how lovely a farewell tour with just the two of them would be? I dont want to see that for at least another 20 years tho!
In 20 years, Buzz would be 66.  Probably not a pretty sight (think Keith Richards, Bob Dylan).

(((O)))

I know but would you prefer a farewell tour next year instead?

ManWithNoName

This discussion is getting old really fast.

Ultimately, this is purely subjective and arguing over this is just plain retarded.

Having said that, I highly suggest to those who don't like the four piece iteration of the melvins to get used to it because I highly doubt this will change.

Besides, didn't Glen say that this was most likely the LAST iteration of the Melvins? did he not predict the fall of the great rutmanis? Did he not make copies of "The End" LP available out of thin air? Trust in the banana.

Also, if they do go back to a three piece I think that the obvious choice is the one and only, Trevor fucking Dunn.

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Quote from: ManWithNoName on November 10, 2010, 09:12:15 AM
Also, if they do go back to a three piece I think that the obvious choice is the one and only,

Paul Barker!

Robbie Shakespeare would be my first choice but obviously he'll never part with Sly.

black stallion

Besides, didn't Glen say that this was most likely the LAST iteration of the Melvins? did he not predict the fall of the great rutmanis? Did he not make copies of "The End" LP available out of thin air? Trust in the banana.

yeah,glen knows things
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: black stallion on November 10, 2010, 10:35:22 AM

yeah,glen knows things

As much as I love the current line up...........when I was backstage at the D.C. show,
Dale did say to me that they, the Melvins, did/do things in 3's . Lots of examples for
3 being the magic number, but those guys have also been known to pull a fast one &
fake everyone out. I'm sure whatever they decide to do will be awesome, but again,
I would love to see them stay with Coady & Jared.

MrLuck87

Seeing 20 votes for no is both astonishing and depressing.  The Melvins have always been about doing things their way and now suddenly the fans think they know what's best for the band?

DCGod

Quote from: MrLuck87 on November 10, 2010, 07:11:59 PM
Seeing 20 votes for no is both astonishing and depressing.  The Melvins have always been about doing things their way and now suddenly the fans think they know what's best for the band?
Well what are you trying to say, being a fan, that they should do another with BB?  Melvins do things their own way so they don't need you telling them what to do Mr. Passive/Aggressive.

TheLegitMan93

Despite when any of us think about this, I think we can all agree that when the Melvins ARE done, they should finish it off with a tour where every single person who has ever been in the band performs every song they've ever written all at once.