Melvins split with Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Started by jules, February 23, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleSam

Chowder Chucker is messing with us.  Chucker has all versions of the Bride LP, plus the cd, plus all color versions of the Nirvana/Melvins Bootleg Split.
I am a raper guy, obviously.

-Dc

norecess

also, his favorite melvins album is the crybaby.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Chowder Chucker

Quote from: black stallion on May 24, 2011, 12:15:43 PM
chowder you should write a letter to buzz,that would be so great  :lol:

I have already. Several of them, actually.
I'm starting to think that all the hearts, rainbows, smiling suns and baby bunnies that I draw on the envelopes are whats keeping him from replying.
This signature has been banned.
It rubbed the right person, the wrong way.

black stallion

Quote from: Chowder Chucker on May 24, 2011, 12:40:13 PM
Quote from: black stallion on May 24, 2011, 12:15:43 PM
chowder you should write a letter to buzz,that would be so great  :lol:

I have already. Several of them, actually.
I'm starting to think that all the hearts, rainbows, smiling suns and baby bunnies that I draw on the envelopes are whats keeping him from replying.

probably buzz thinks you're a hippie
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Chowder Chucker

Quote from: SeattleSam on May 24, 2011, 12:17:54 PM
Chowder Chucker is messing with us.  Chucker has all versions of the Bride LP, plus the cd, plus all color versions of the Nirvana/Melvins Bootleg Split.

This is true. I've spent all I have on overpriced Melvins merch.
I live in the bushes along the freeway in a fort made of LP's and hand-pressed box-sets.

Oh, and late at night I cuddle up with my Buzzo doll...#2 of 2.
Guess which part of my body he keeps nice and toasty?

Chowder Chucker

Chowder Chucker

punkguysc

Quote from: monts on May 24, 2011, 11:27:49 AM
Quote from: punkguysc on May 24, 2011, 11:19:57 AM
$25 is not "Fairly-Priced". At all.
I'm going to teach you something valuable right now.
600 of these versions were made, and sold out fairly quickly.  Not only that, but these copies were then going for double and triple of that price on ebay, indicating the original price might have been set too low.

Is $25 too much for a split single with mediocre songs on both sides? Yes.  Is it too much for a collectable?  No.

All you are teaching me is that you are too much into buying this bullshit of overinflated value. The eBay price is absolutely no indication of what the retail price should have been. Melvins vinyl is USUALLY expensive on the open aftermarket...you know...that place where MOST of you collectors will have to buy these releases?

It is absolutely too much for a 7" single and the term "collectible" is being applied before it is even released. That's half the problem right there. The fact that people will pay 2 and 3 and even more times what the single retails for is part of the reason the Melvins releases have become so pricey up front. If it were YOUR art, wouldn't YOU want to get the most profit before some douchebag gouged your adoring fans? As a "fan", you just want the item. The resounding opinion out there is that this single was overpriced. Why? Lack of substance.  Fortunately for eBay flippers, Melvins fans don't really care about that and forget that simply playing the waiting game can yield wonderful results and fair (as they can be with such an inflated retail price) prices.

Maybe you will learn that there's a line between collectible and commodity when you've been collecting for more than 5 minutes.

(((O)))

When it comes down to it, there is no such thing as a none limited edition item anyway. Nothing is produced indefinitely. Everything is limited edition to some finite point or other.

danimal

Quote from: )))((( on May 24, 2011, 02:40:52 PM
When it comes down to it, there is no such thing as a none limited edition item anyway. Nothing is produced indefinitely. Everything is limited edition to some finite point or other.

The term limited implies that they won't press more when supplies run out.

John Schuller

Who cares if it is not fairly priced? You can decide not to spend the money dumbass.

Is $.99 fairly priced for a Lady Gaga download? Not for me. Therefore I will not buy it.

Use your fucking brain, stop complaining and buy what you want. Dipshit.

I would spend $100 for a Melvins song. You know why? Cuz it is fucking worth it.

Fuck you whiny ass bitches.

John Schuller

Who fucking cares. Purchase if you want, don't purchase if you do not want.

You act as if the Melvins owe us something or we owe the Melvins something.

Fuck you. Just download the song on a torrent site, pay the market price, fuck off or find somebody that bought it and is willing to sell it to you for what YOU think it is worth.

Seriously, get your head out of your ass.

Chomas

Quote from: )))((( on May 24, 2011, 02:40:52 PM

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: sadcorps on May 24, 2011, 04:10:58 PM
Who fucking cares. Purchase if you want, don't purchase if you do not want.

You act as if the Melvins owe us something or we owe the Melvins something.

Fuck you. Just download the song on a torrent site, pay the market price, fuck off or find somebody that bought it and is willing to sell it to you for what YOU think it is worth.

Seriously, get your head out of your ass.

Whammy - Anchorman
I got the shits real bad.