Houdini out on red vinyl according to Rough Trade

Started by jules, July 24, 2011, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Schuller

Nice! My old copy has been worn the hell out! Now I can have a nice clean copy again!

jules

Quote from: sadcorps on July 24, 2011, 04:30:40 PM
Nice! My old copy has been worn the hell out! Now I can have a nice clean copy again!
Albeit a bootleg.

John Schuller

anaconda

Yes, it appears so. One of our stringers in the UK has found out it's a bootleg
put out by the same guy who did the making love demos and cover songs LPs.

FartLips

that's it! eureka!

i'll just take this asa cd and put it in a sock with a smilie face drawn on it and sell it as an uber exclusive 1 of 1. who wants it? 1 billion dollars! cheap huh?
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

the crybaby

Quote from: sadcorps on July 24, 2011, 05:09:36 PM
The re-release is a bootleg?

only the anrep version is official. about 10 years ago houdini has already been bootlegged in germany.
differences to the amrep version:
slip-in cover instead of a gatefold
spread  eagle beagle as last track instead of  rocket reducer

DC

What's GBP? Is that Eve Online money or something?

dijk cheese

i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

John Schuller

Lame. Guess I will keep listening to my old copy!

TheLegitMan93

So because it's a bootleg it's somehow less worthwhile than an official copy?

John Schuller

Yes indeed it would be sir. I am sure it is not mastered for vinyl seeing as it is coming from what would most likely be a CD source. On top of that NOT A DIME would be going to Melvins, Gene Simmons, HAZE XXL or Atlantic Records. At least they got paid for the original version released in 93.

oldernie

Quote from: TheLegitMan93 on July 25, 2011, 10:23:22 PM
So because it's a bootleg it's somehow less worthwhile than an official copy?

buying bootlegs isnt what record collecting is about, i want quality, this will no doubt be a badly photocopied cover and the above statement about sound quality.
other examples of this are the leech cd that sounds as if someone had all the singles and burnt them to cd with a turntable pitch control miles out. this isnt what any band intented for there music. not to mention the band getting nothing for it.
"To be honest i've kind of gone off the band a bit now. I just like to hang out on here because of everyone else."
-jules from brighton quoting - Ian from Staffs.

TheLegitMan93

Well if the quality is significantly worse then that I can understand.