no. bad melvins. bad

Started by bonzo, August 15, 2011, 10:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

Just tried the search. Good news, this thread beats those lame kids with the "song".

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/melvins_frontman_bashes_kurt_cobain_hes_a_major_loser.html

"Wow what a douche. He's just mad because articles he is in has to be titled "Melvin's frontman" instead of his actual name. What a loser!"

Mostly good responses on that thread.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

drumfreak:)

Really good thread idea!

I have a reaaally wide choice of melvins haters in my surroundings. Like every single friend and family member hates them.
My brother for example: "can this dude play some interesting riffs too? Or just these shit ones"
My dad: "i hate this bands that play like one chord and let it ring out for several minutes. As if there'd be some thought behind it"
Side note; we have at least 1000 ambient albums at home

Several friends of mine: "i dont like em because I just dont get it"
"Well my favourite band CAN play their instruments"
Has two bands with ridicolous names.

glen

Buzz continued his rant, "No, no, no. I win. I win. He doesn't win. He loses. He's a major loser. His f--king loss. He left a baby at the mercy of that woman [Courtney Love]. And, it couldn't be worse. There's nothing good about any of that."

http://news.yahoo.com/frances-bean-cobain-gets-married-but-fails-to-120648693.html
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Bro Hammer

Quote from: glen on September 24, 2015, 09:34:46 AM
Buzz continued his rant, "No, no, no. I win. I win. He doesn't win. He loses. He's a major loser. His f--king loss. He left a baby at the mercy of that woman [Courtney Love]. And, it couldn't be worse. There's nothing good about any of that."

http://news.yahoo.com/frances-bean-cobain-gets-married-but-fails-to-120648693.html

"Courtney and Kurt had a similarly low-key wedding inviting just eight friends - the groom wore his pyjamas because he was 'too lazy' to put on a tux."

I like how they quoted "lazy". :lol:

rollingrocker92

QuoteThe Melvins do suck, and I refuse to take your flame bait.

Death Metal IS better because it's substantive, technical and actually takes skill to play, unlike Grunge which was led by college dropout fartknockers that strummed guitars and moaned about how "alternative" their music was to the rest of Billboard. Death Metal won't EVER be Billboard, nor mainstream, because society won't accept it. That's why it's superior in every single way to Grunge, a dead music movement championed by a loser that killed himself at the height of his success.

Go trash me on the Shitlist with everybody else.
Hahah  :D Metalhead puts down other music, so typical.  :lol:

LuckMach3

Quote from: meezer on September 24, 2015, 08:50:53 AM
Just tried the search. Good news, this thread beats those lame kids with the "song".

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/melvins_frontman_bashes_kurt_cobain_hes_a_major_loser.html

"Wow what a douche. He's just mad because articles he is in has to be titled "Melvin's frontman" instead of his actual name. What a loser!"

Mostly good responses on that thread.

Different strokes but I'll never understand why so many people think Houdini is anywhere close to being The Melvins best album.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

glen

Quote from: LuckMach3 on September 25, 2015, 04:14:53 AM
I'll never understand why so many people think Houdini is anywhere close to being The Melvins best album.

simply because its the most well known, first major label release and the all time most heavily marketed.  its the ONLY melvins some folks have heard.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

DToxico

My boyfriend's best friend - who's actually seen the Melvins live twice by accident while going to see whatever other bands were on the bill (which I really resent because every time I've tried to see them I've had to cancel) but has never actually listened to any of their albums - complains whenever I try to play Melvins tracks around him, and is always saying stuff like "they suck, all their songs sound identical, they never do anything different or interesting". This is especially ridiculous and ironic considering his all-time favorite band who he never stops going on about the brilliance of and getting hyped over new stuff from and making people listen to is fucking Bad Religion.

John Schuller

Quote from: glen on September 25, 2015, 09:00:26 AM
Quote from: LuckMach3 on September 25, 2015, 04:14:53 AM
I'll never understand why so many people think Houdini is anywhere close to being The Melvins best album.

simply because its the most well known, first major label release and the all time most heavily marketed.  its the ONLY melvins some folks have heard.

This is 100% correct. I have heard numerous times from people that they "Like Houdini" and "Those guys are still around?"

Bro Hammer

Quote from: DToxico on September 25, 2015, 11:52:36 AM
complains whenever I try to play Melvins tracks around him, and is always saying stuff like "they suck, all their songs sound identical, they never do anything different or interesting". This is especially ridiculous and ironic considering his all-time favorite band who he never stops going on about the brilliance of and getting hyped over new stuff from and making people listen to is fucking Bad Religion.

This made me lol.
Says Melvins "never do anything different or interesting" yet Bad Religion has always been on the for front of cutting edge music! :lol:
I love it. I will always love Suffer and No Control but Bad Religion has been on the cutting edge of how NOT to make music for the last 25/30 years?

Great first post DToxico.

meezer

Yes. bad Religion is basically a notch above Social Distortion (whom I still love). Really basic punk moozik.  :lol:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 27, 2015, 01:29:37 PM
Quote from: meezer on September 27, 2015, 01:24:28 PM
Really basic punk moozik.
Does that make it bad?? As im sure you'll agree, complexity doesn't always result in better music or bands.
I used to love this a decade ago. Listened to it recently. It's just so bleh. Every stanza rhymes. Everything is so sterile and nonthreatening. Compare that to OFF! . Does that make sense?

https://youtu.be/fzWSlcuJOoY

*Ian says "I see what you mean" then deleted*  :lol:

Chomas

Quote from: bonzo on August 15, 2011, 10:47:32 PM
i searched "melvins suck", just to see what i could find and thought there should be a thread for it.  anything from reviews, internet comments, peoples in realities comments or stories (e.g. audience reaction while they were opening for someone else, like jacksonville).

i came across this in my brief search.

QuoteThe Melvins do suck, and I refuse to take your flame bait.

Death Metal IS better because it's substantive, technical and actually takes skill to play, unlike Grunge which was led by college dropout fartknockers that strummed guitars and moaned about how "alternative" their music was to the rest of Billboard. Death Metal won't EVER be Billboard, nor mainstream, because society won't accept it. That's why it's superior in every single way to Grunge, a dead music movement championed by a loser that killed himself at the height of his success.

Go trash me on the Shitlist with everybody else.

I CAN PLY 1000BPM DOUBLE PEDALZ!! I R AMZINGLYY SKILLIED!! OOOOO LOOK AT ME I SLAP MY BASSS LIKE IM JERKING OFF MY DOGG!ONE!!1! OMG!!! I SOLO THE ENTIRE SONG WITHOUT ANY REGARD TO WHAT MY BAND IS PLAYYIN! lET ME SHOW YOU SOME LYRIKS OF MINEZ. SOCIETYES DONT ACCEPT ME CUZ I DRESS LIKE KISS! I R FAR SUPRERORR TO GRUNGE CUZ INOT FAMOUS.

RAWWRRRRR, GRRRRR, BREEEEE, GRAWL, GROWLLL, AHHHHGROWWWWHHHHL.
I R SO LYRICALS.

Buzz is a genius, probably the most gifted man alive, in my opinion.  He just spews out a ridiculous quantity of amazing punk rock, maybe you don't want to call it punk rock, but that what it is when you break it down.  He creates art like nobody else does, there isn't even anyone in his league.  There's no one.  Not a soul on his level.  Technical music is bullshit, there are a lot of fucking smart people, a hell of a lot of them.  But to be original is something else entirely.  To be original as time goes on becomes harder, for everyone, everyone in the world.  Buzz is above everyone.  He probably made a song yesterday that is better than any guitar based song that was written this year by anyone.  His acoustic album was sublime, and it was a like a whole new genre that no one else even thought about.  Fuck your death metal.

homeless_dad

Yes. bad Religion is basically a notch above Social Distortion (whom I still love). Really basic punk moozik.  :lol:
Prison Bound is a great record and I do like the Under the Influences Mike Ness solo album.
Is Ian back yet??

meezer

Quote from: homeless_dad on September 27, 2015, 11:02:08 PM
Prison Bound is a great record and I do like the Under the Influences Mike Ness solo album.
I like the whole catalogue, but they are what they are. I bought the last one I saw , Hard Times & Nursery Rhymes, totally candy ass.
It started with an instrumental, but the rest.....
Mainliner, Mommy's Little Monster and Prison Bound are great.