What were the first few Melvins albums you went and bought?

Started by Dumpster D, October 11, 2011, 05:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead mike

The Crybaby, when it came out. I'd heard of all the guest artists. My exact words were, "I'll buy it for Mike Patton and Tool. I was a Tool fan back then, y'see.

Cross-promotional marketing at its finest!
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

nickoctane

Houdini (cassette) yellow in color was the cassette if memory serves me right. Bought that sucker after I saw them on Beavis and Butthead.
Stoner Witch the week it came out
Honkey, ditto

Zorn

The first I heard was Ozma or Gluey Porch Treatments, can't remember; the first bought was Houdini, then another one, then another one, ad lib...

AxelFoley

andy the angry bald man

first i ever heard was "the crybaby" -- NOT the best way to get into the melvins, fyi. 

first i ever "legally acquired" from a friend was "stoner witch" -- interest = extremely piqued. 

first i ever bought on my own was "electroretard." -- it's been a downhill slope of scouring used bins and ebay for anything and everything i can get my hands on since then. 

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

Mad Arab

steve

My first was Eggnog.

I heard a radio show where Kurt Cobain was asked to play some favorite bands.... and he played Hog Leg. Next day I went out and found Eggnog. From that song I assumed Melvins was some sort of insane heavy metal band.

Not long after tht I got Ozma and Bullhead.

...Steve

williamblakestyger

I remember being a young one listening to PRICK,double dosing, and Gluey Porch treatments. pure love. thanks alot

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Stonergrunge

"Went"... not really. Around the year 2000 I bought the Houdini CD online, I'm not so sure if it was on CDNow or amazon, but that was the first.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

hagus667

I saw them live, Houdini era, before buying anything myself.  My friend Neil had bought Eggnog, but I didn't purchase anything until finding Eggnog on 10" vinyl in 1994.  For years I'd see them live religiously but always maintained that I didn't think I'd really like them on record.  I finally broke my non-buying policy in 1999 and bought Stag.  I think The Maggot was after that and it's just been a giant money pit ever since.  Eggnog is still my favorite and I still see them live religiously.  And now that I live in L.A. that's twice a year on average!
"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light gauge if I'm gonna thrash!"

Shatz

Hostile Ambient Takeover, bought on December 2, 2003 (via amazon).
Had borrowed Houdini before from a good friend, but wasn't convinced until I saw them live that year, which turned me on big time. Then listened to some mp3s and finally decided it was time to get serious.

After that followed the Trilogy and Colossus of Destiny. Boy was I in for a wild ride.
Keep your Arsch together, Sie werden seitlich gefickt.

laughingwlucifer65

houdini CD in 93 my uncle got it and i listened to it quite a bit years later it blu my mind hahaha

JUDY

After having Melvins up as a staff recommendation at work for 7 months, I finally sold STONER WITCH to a guy named Mike. A week later, another guy came in and bought Lysol.
So, the store let me order more....

I received word the other day that "Mike" came back, and bought everything else I had out.
That being, Nude with Boots, Senile Animals, Houdini and Hostile Ambient Takeover.

He'll be back for more.
...And when he least expects it, (while batting my eye lashes) I'll ever so innocently slip him copies of Colossus of Destiny and Prick.