The Bulls & The Bees

Started by MrLuck87, December 13, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrLuck87

Have you guys been reading Coady's posts on twitter?

"Recording some new Melvins jams today with @toshikasai."

"All wired for recording! One song down today for drums."

http://instagr.am/p/Y3vjK/

jonE5

glen

split singles tracks is my guess.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

moose

the amrep splits are the tracks off Sugar Daddy though, Glen.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

(the) flutter nuts

Maybe a new album? It's been almost 2 years if they are keeping the pace of the last 6 years
I got the shits real bad.

(((O)))

Nice and a cool snap there too! I think it's for a new album if i remember correctly.

glen

Quote from: moose on December 13, 2011, 12:13:37 PM
the amrep splits are the tracks off Sugar Daddy though, Glen.

hey, I'd be thrilled to be wrong.     

but the way that twit tweet reads it's just a couple and/or few tracks.  not a whole new album.

either way, I'll take whatever I can get.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

(((O)))

Quote from: glen on December 13, 2011, 02:24:10 PM
it's just a couple and/or few tracks.  not a whole new album.
Perhaps it's an epic one or two song album.  :wink:

spunkmonkey

Captain CoryCory

black stallion

heavy please!

ps: i think glen is right,few tracks
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(the) Razor

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 13, 2011, 12:33:38 PM
Maybe a new album? It's been almost 2 years if they are keeping the pace of the last 6 years

Melvins are done with albums last I heard.

Shit. Wait a minute. TBSM is two years old already?  :microwave:
Don't click this

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

buddy holiday

i think i remember reading that they plan to record at year end and Jan/Feb.
the way i understand it: 13 splits will be the 13 sugar daddy tracks.
the new stuff will likely be used for an upcoming album (scion ep / or ipecac lp, ideally both).. i think buzz said they are going to do another full album in 2012?
does anybody know if they signed a multi album contract with ipecac, and by when it is fulfilled? did they sign a contract at all?? i think once they fulfilled that they will no longer release conventional albums.

buddy holiday

Quote from: landshark on December 14, 2011, 09:48:28 AM
conventional albums?

with that i did not mean the albums themselves but rather way they released; like every two years an album worth of 10 songs or whatever.
maybe they will do more frequent but smaller recording sessions and self release that as singles / eps with the help of amrep or alone.