The Bulls & The Bees

Started by MrLuck87, December 13, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalhead Cow

One other thing I'll add is The War On Wisdom reminds me a lot of The Smiling Cobra.

FartLips

Quote from: GrimReaper on February 25, 2012, 12:06:56 AM
Quote from: Shatz on February 24, 2012, 02:17:38 PM
Sounds like a leftover. :D

No.

One guitar part sounds like Megadeth. Just sayin'. :-"

I love it! I need another full album of Bigmelvins!
which megadeth song?
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Bigval

Solid. I like. Reminds me of something off of (A)SA.

Hanging for Freak Puke though!

Metalhead Cow

I'm probably alone with this sentiment on these boards, but I love Megadeth. I just saw them in late January. Dave Mustaine is one of my biggest musical heroes. Which part sounds like Megadeth to you?

dijk cheese

Quote from: swanky on February 24, 2012, 11:36:58 PM
Quote from: dijk cheese on February 24, 2012, 08:27:19 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on February 24, 2012, 08:19:49 PM
Quote from: Shatz on February 24, 2012, 02:17:38 PM
Sounds like a leftover. :D
yep, you said it.
Im gonna risk being the bad guy and say I don't think its that great. buzzos singing parts are cool though. I still cant stand jared.

i had to turn it off halfway through, found it annoying. i'll try again later.
i have hope for the melvins lite.
do you think it sounds just kinda weak? like they are just trying to re-imagine ASA, but not really improve it? this is also what happens when you write so many songs you feel compelled to go back in the closet and dig out some riffs. then instead of conveying your realtime emotions within the entire song, you get flashbacks, causing it to just sound the same. i've learned not to go back as much, and try to write in the moment. that was wayyy to introspective. alas, this well may go dry pretty soon. time to kick out the bassist.

to be honest i just don't like the big melvins sound. the tone of the guitar and i hate to say it, the drumming too, just doesn't do it for me.
many of the songs, including this one conjure up images of college boys getting drunk with heaps of "fuck yeahs" and high fives going around. it has that annoying all american sound, i don't know how to explain it, just how it sounds to me. don't like it, lacks depth, lacks soul.
probably the only one or one of few that feels this way here, but that's my opinion. not trying to upset anyone or get into a debate.

i'd be happy if they went into the closet as you say and dug out the riffs from bullhead, or hat.
hoping that melvins lite will capture a different style than big melvins.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

MrLuck87

Quote from: dijk cheese on February 25, 2012, 12:16:37 AM
many of the songs, including this one conjure up images of college boys getting drunk with heaps of "fuck yeahs" and high fives going around.

Jesus, you must have been to an awesome college if that's what you hear.  This is all I hear:

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock

lacks depth, lacks soul.

I'm not really sure why you think it lacks depth.  There's lots of subtle things going on and the track is nearly impossible to digest completely after one listen.  Plus I love the whole "I must of missed my calling" then it immediately snaps into a quick heavy riff.  I love the light distortion on Buzz's voice too. 

Sure, it may sound accessible to those of us who listen to Hung Bunny without thinking it's weird, but play it for anyone who thinks Jet is a pretty good band and they'll probably say, "What the hell is this shit?  The drums don't match the song!"

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: MrLuck87 on February 25, 2012, 12:42:04 AM
many of the songs, including this one conjure up images of college boys getting drunk with heaps of "fuck yeahs" and high fives going around.

Jesus, you must have been to an awesome college if that's what you hear.  This is all I hear:

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock

lacks depth, lacks soul.

I'm not really sure why you think it lacks depth.  There's lots of subtle things going on and the track is nearly impossible to digest completely after one listen.  Plus I love the whole "I must of missed my calling" then it immediately snaps into a quick heavy riff.  I love the light distortion on Buzz's voice too. 

Sure, it may sound accessible to those of us who listen to Hung Bunny without thinking it's weird, but play it for anyone who thinks Jet is a pretty good band and they'll probably say, "What the hell is this shit?  The drums don't match the song!"

I completely agree with all of this.  8)

>>>JZS<<<

Uncle Fester

I like the production, the way it sounds....

(the) flutter nuts

the guitar tone/sound really reminds me of adam jones, just kinda sounds like buzz is playing thru adams gear
I got the shits real bad.

Mad Arab

I agree that it does sound like a leftover. I still like it though.

Alex-

I was hoping for something totaly different as well. Especially becouse this is a different format, I thought it actually might happen that they would go in a total new or more open sounded direction with the Biz lineup, or a second Eggnog. I'm not saying i'm not liking this song, I think it's great, the first few chords even remind me of ''Civilized Worm'' somehow, what is one of my fav tunes with the guys of Big Biz so far. Still exited about the other songs, and of course about Freak Puke.

jonE5

AxelFoley

Sounds like something from BSM. As I don't like that album too much, I'm also not too fond of this song. I hope the other songs will be a bit sludgier, but based on this song I think they won't be.